PDA

View Full Version : clutch help pleaseee

HELLONWHEELS
11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
hey all,
i have a 96 indy ultra 680 and i am having the hardest time finding a primary clutch for it, does any one know what other models of polaris's clutchs will fit my ultra? if i have to change the spring and weights thats no big deal. Thank you in advance

honda250sx
11-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Not sure why your having a hard time finding a clutch for a polairs. Damn near all of them are P-85 primaries.

HELLONWHEELS
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
down here its hard, dont know why, i dont really want to buy one off ebay cause who knows what kind of shape there in once you actualy get it..

HELLONWHEELS
11-11-2008, 09:13 PM
i would reuse my old one but the back plate(back sheath?) is slitely worped.. does anyone know if this will hurt anything or what the outcome of useing it would be?
any help is appreciated.

toocheaptosmoke
11-12-2008, 12:34 PM
If it's that bad don't run it at all, a clutch is not something to mess around with. If it blows there will a lot of shrapnel, if it's warped that bad chances are good one or both of the sheaves are starting to crack. I hear what you're saying about the ebay ones, I've bought about 4 P-85's off there and half have problems. But, I knew I was taking a risk and bid accordingly. The only problem you may run into swapping a different P-85 in there is if you get one with or without a starter ring, I think you might have to adjust your secondary offset.

HELLONWHEELS
11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
it dosent seem to be in that bad of shape at all, and the warpe is very minor. and yes i would need one with out a started ring

MTS
11-12-2008, 11:11 PM
ill go talk to my buddy this weekend i know he has a stack of them, ill see if he will let one go.

HELLONWHEELS
11-13-2008, 08:22 PM
even if i can just get the back sheath for a good price. i have so much money tied up into this sled its not even funny, i bought it thinking it needed a top end, turns out it threw the center crank rod threw the block. :(