PDA

View Full Version : wow! didn't know NOS fetched this much

homebrew13
11-11-2008, 09:05 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190259682478&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

is this what fixing up a 3 wheeler is coming too!

smvorndran
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I'd put on a stainless braided line before I'd buy that.

smvorndran

edog
11-11-2008, 09:22 PM
If it's an 85 250R front brake line. It is discontinued threw Honda.
It will fit on the 86 250R. This one is only longer by 2 inches. And is still available
threw Honda.

This is why the 85 is more.

It would be very easy for someone to pawn an 86 off as an 85 to make a profit from the unsuspecting buyer.

250RNUT
11-11-2008, 10:28 PM
You have to be a real moron to pay that money

nd4speed
11-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Some people have more money than brains I guess. I suspect you could have a hydraulic line custom made for a little less than that.

Guess it's time to put some 86 R NOS brake lines on ebay.

NINJA
11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Greed my friends, greed is all it boils down to. I'll stick to my stainless lines.

petesatc
11-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Well he sold a few of them brake lines for $550!!!!! only a few months back...

honda250sx
11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Stainless lines can be made locally here for around $50 dollars. And that's with fancy AN fittings. If your a NOS whore then this is your bread and butter. Besides stainless lines exert more force and better stoping power because they do not expand like rubber.

homebrew13
11-12-2008, 10:13 AM
this is the email reply i got from him!

You cannot afford the hose so you are mad that my price is more than have... That is what your email is about... I will sell this hose eventually just like I did the last one... It brought $550 at auction. I bet you cant find one like it for less...

Get this, my scumihood started when I needed a switch for my 350x.. I bought 15 of them and sold nine. Profits paid for my switch and the leftover dough bought me a NOS 250R motor. so I sold it and used that profit to buy more motors to resell and so on and so on. That one switch started me on a roll. The result of that roll has put over 20 nice 3 wheelers in my garage. And a whole lot of sweet NOS parts that you cant afford on my shelf.

keithmart
11-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Yesterday the hate mail started rolling in about the hose I have listed on ebay.. I knew right away that this forum was the source of the increased traffic to my listing.. Thanks to 3ww for the publicity. Your site has proven to be a very valuable resource. My hobby wouldnt be where it is today if it weren't for 3ww.

Plenty of members here feel my parts are too high.. I am somewhat in agreement with that. I would not pay what I ask for many of my parts. Of course I am the seller. I wouldn't get very far if I was willing to pay what I ask for my parts. If you want to make money to buy more parts to make more money you gotta see a profity in every sale. Why so much markup you ask?? Well I have a couple of answers to that.. In one hand you have a restorer is willing to pay $100 for an item they have been searching months for. In the other hand you have a rider like Homeybrew13 who thinks the part is worth $50 max... Who would you sell to? sure there may be 12 other homeybrewers who are lining up to buy the $50 part compared to maybe 2 or 3 restorers... BUT I usually only have a few of any one given item and can't ever get any more.... Ask yourself who you would be selling the part to? Another reason why my parts are high is to avoid transactions with the same kind of punks sending me the hate mail. I dont want your business. I dont care to hear how I hurt your feelings or how im driving up any prices. I would prefer to never have any business dealings with those folks. Having my prices set higher than most of the punk population can afford attracts a different sort of buyers who have better things to do than gripe. My buyers pay a premium for the parts they need but at least they have a source for those OEM parts. They are not morons as someone here suggested they are simply dedicated to their hobby.

I pay for my ebay listings I have the right to price any part at any price I want. Every homebrewer out there has the right to not purchase my parts. You dont have to send hatemail explaining how I am the scum of the earth or ask me what I've had to smoke that day. That is counterproductive. If you want a part that you cant afford then use that wasted time in a a more productive way... Meaning get to work and bust some ass. Sitting on this site and posting my edited response to your hatemail is no way to pursue your hobby.. Unless harassment is your hobby.

ATC-Eric
11-12-2008, 12:57 PM
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/vacationbucket/bomb/oh_snap.gif

This is getting good!

Mrs.Mosh
11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
If it's an 85 250R front brake line. It is discontinued threw Honda.
It will fit on the 86 250R. This one is only longer by 2 inches. And is still available
threw Honda.

That part number is for the 86.
Both 85 and 86 are discontinued through Honda.

SYKO
11-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Yesterday the hate mail started rolling in about the hose I have listed on ebay.. I knew right away that this forum was the source of the increased traffic to my listing.. Thanks to 3ww for the publicity. Your site has proven to be a very valuable resource. My hobby wouldnt be where it is today if it weren't for 3ww.

Plenty of members here feel my parts are too high.. I am somewhat in agreement with that. I would not pay what I ask for many of my parts. Of course I am the seller. I wouldn't get very far if I was willing to pay what I ask for my parts. If you want to make money to buy more parts to make more money you gotta see a profity in every sale. Why so much markup you ask?? Well I have a couple of answers to that.. In one hand you have a restorer is willing to pay $100 for an item they have been searching months for. In the other hand you have a rider like Homeybrew13 who thinks the part is worth $50 max... Who would you sell to? sure there may be 12 other homeybrewers who are lining up to buy the $50 part compared to maybe 2 or 3 restorers... BUT I usually only have a few of any one given item and can't ever get any more.... Ask yourself who you would be selling the part to? Another reason why my parts are high is to avoid transactions with the same kind of punks sending me the hate mail. I dont want your business. I dont care to hear how I hurt your feelings or how im driving up any prices. I would prefer to never have any business dealings with those folks. Having my prices set higher than most of the punk population can afford attracts a different sort of buyers who have better things to do than gripe. My buyers pay a premium for the parts they need but at least they have a source for those OEM parts. They are not morons as someone here suggested they are simply dedicated to their hobby.

I pay for my ebay listings I have the right to price any part at any price I want. Every homebrewer out there has the right to not purchase my parts. You dont have to send hatemail explaining how I am the scum of the earth or ask me what I've had to smoke that day. That is counterproductive. If you want a part that you cant afford then use that wasted time in a a more productive way... Meaning get to work and bust some ass. Sitting on this site and posting my edited response to your hatemail is no way to pursue your hobby.. Unless harassment is your hobby.

REAL TALK:beer

Mosh
11-12-2008, 01:52 PM
That is a great price for a front NOS brake line!

EBAY ROCKS!!!!!

Brockey
11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree, if I can sell something for major dollars I would too. I just cant seem to find anything in my garage, home that can turn over a dollar like that. What I got, I paid full price for and doesnt go up in price.

Now keithmart,

You have been at this awhile. Throw us up a few pics of some of the cool machines and parts you have or had. I cant afford them, lol, but I figure you have come across some cool stuff. Come on and show us some cool stuff brother.

Thxs Cyril

edog
11-12-2008, 05:04 PM
That part number is for the 86.
Both 85 and 86 are discontinued through Honda.

I haven't checked in like 8 months. Glad I have a few of each.:naughty:

DeePa
11-12-2008, 06:03 PM
dont believe you...PICS!!!!

Orangecnty250r
11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I haven't checked in like 8 months. Glad I have a few of each.:naughty:

They ve been gone a lot longer than that....but parts have mysteriously appeared in the honda warehouse from time to time....good to check the stock every once in a while

The Goat
11-12-2008, 07:31 PM

I personally would like to commend you for both your sale...and the banter.

It's capitalism at it's finest.

If you can't afford the hobby...get the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* out.

Blown 331
11-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I personally would like to commend you for both your sale...and the banter.

It's capitalism at it's finest.

If you can't afford the hobby...get the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* out.

Totally agree. I see nothing wrong with asking any price at all for a part. If no one is willing to pay that much then it looks like you are keeping it, no reason that should bother anyone.
I'll sell my 250R right now for $5000, is anyone gonna buy it? Hell no. And no one as the right to be mad at that price, just dont freaking buy it and move on.

ATC-Eric
11-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I still toy with the idea of putting my trikes on craigslist for ridiculous amounts of money, even when I dont want to sell.

All it takes is one sale.

The Goat
11-12-2008, 09:48 PM
There's actually another one available through honda that is only a 3 inches longer I think.....

Personally I just buy measured stainless lines...but I'm not a restorer by any means.

NINJA
11-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey I'm a punk, and I do think your prices are too high, but I don't waste my time sending you hatemail. I'm also not gonna kiss your azz either though. Show some pics of you 20+ trike collection and then I'll respect you.

seadoo650
11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Nobody should be bagging on anyone for getting a great price for somethng they sell on Ebay. If you can't afford the item from a buyer with a high price then just be patient and you'll get it eventually at a reasonable price.

This is one example of a deal I stumbled across while looking for something totally different. I've seen these go for $500.00 plus. NOS 350X forks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250299287072

I have also picked up a real nice, almost mint front brake line for a 250R. The bonus was it came with the master cylinder and guard and caliper and brake lines guides. Price......$40.00. It's still hanging on my garage wall. Been there for a year now. Will I sell it maybe. Will I sell it for $40.00 HELL NO. Same with the forks. Will I sell them for $175.00 I don't think so. For $500.00 maybe. My point is. Check often. The next big deal may have just listed right after you logged off.

Dirtcrasher
11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
That is a very sad price to ask for a hose. More than likely makes many people angry because they need one of them and although they would be willing to pay possibly up to double the cost of OEM, but this cost is well out of any "riders" reach....

Honestly though, for NOS and rare items it isn't all that crazy.

Have you ever really considered the cost of markups in retail clothing? Hollisters, American Eagle, Talbots, Victoria's Secret and other retailers are buying there product for about 3$ an item and asking you for 50$, 80$ and in upwards of hundreds for some items like Coach Purses.......

None of that stuff is "discontinued" or "Rare" but they charge it and they get it.

I work in the malls and I see the hottest girls on earth, do they ever smile? are they ever friendly? Not to me anyhow... I'm just a scrappy trike owning construction worker. But, I'm CERTAIN they are awful friendly to the man buying them there goodies and sharing their "goodies" with that man.

I guess it's what makes the world go round and the greed, competition and selfishness absolutely disgust me.

I'll take a chubby, remotely cute woman or ATC over anything described as HOT, SEXY, OEM, NOS or MINT all day long...........:D

Mosh
11-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Right^^^^^

I guess no one caught my sarcastic drizzle in my earlier post.............

Why in the world would I pay that price for 1 brake line,when I can buy a complete trike and fix it up and ride it...

I have respect for the "Restore guys" But they can have that stuff and keep it in a heated museum....I will be out riding on my 500 dollar trike...:)

One member had some NOS Z stuff,plastic to be exact.....For the price of 1 brake line......
Now 500 bucks for NOS Z plastic IS worth it..But one brake line? WTF.....

That brake line retailed at 55 bucks when available..........I have seen mint OEM line in new condition bring 30 bucks......

However,I am not the type to send E-bayers crappy messages over something like that....If somone wants to pay that, then good for them,and the seller.....

ATC-Eric
11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I have respect for the "Restore guys" But they can have that stuff and keep it in a heated museum....I will be out riding on my 500 dollar trike...:)

Im still wondering where these big spenders are? I know of one, maybe two on this site.

mikeftlaud
11-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I have to agree that get what ya can for it. I am at a point in my life where I can afford to buy what I want even if it costs more than it should. I have paid more than I should have for a pristine condition short track tank kit,New in bag,never opened front overfender fender extension. New sealed aluminum fender brace. New headlight grill and like new headlight guard and the parts needed to build a frame up restored 250r with all new OEM plastic and built just how I want it. So if I want it and it is in my price range then I buy it. Just remember everybodys price range is different. On the other hand I have sold some Aircraft parts and my TIGER parts on Ebay that brought more money than I ever would have thought they were worth. But as somebody that has sold some rare or limited production parts it feels good knowing that your special or rare parts are getting a good home with somebody that will value and appreciate the rare or discontinued part as much as you do. I would hate to sell my 200R on ebay to some kid in a mud hole that would not appreciate it and just beat the hell out of it like if it breaks you can just go get another one. I know that if I sell something to OC Bill he will take care of it. Anyway, either get what you can for it or only buy what is in your price range. I'm 35 now so I have more stuff than 10 years ago because I have worked my but off to get what I wanted. I hope that when I am 45 I will be saying the same thing.

NINJA
11-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Don't worry Mike, my 200R has gone to a good home. The buyer is happy and I am happy, but I was "reasonable" with the price.

mike from long island
11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Not to change the subject,well maybe the same thing the more I think about it.I jus listed one of my Tomy Powerwheels 250r's on craigslist.I am asking $200.Just to see what kind of offers I might get.I dont feel like shipping it.

Now why would someone take the time to email me and tell me I wouldnt get $50???? He wasnt rude,But does he watch craigslist and email everyone he thinks is asking too much. I dont know anymore. Who can I ask to price my items so the entire world is HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!.. I mean I just sold that 3 wheeler air jammer toy for $110 on ebay,They hit me for $11.00 bucks in final value fees.So I am mad at that cost.So I try craigslist for the fact it is free.And now I gotta deal with people who hate other people prices.I am definitly going to watch how I talk about other people and their prices!!!

hondaatcvabeach
11-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey I'm a punk, and I do think your prices are too high, but I don't waste my time sending you hatemail. I'm also not gonna kiss your azz either though. Show some pics of you 20+ trike collection and then I'll respect you.

I'm with you NINJA!! :beer