PDA

View Full Version : OTC 2009 Race Series

TimSr
11-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Thought Id get this out there for an early warning. Thanks derrick, for the excellent idea!

Round 1 - Summit County Indoor Race - Jan 10th - (Jan 9, 10, 11)
Round 2 - Summit County Indoor Race- Feb 28th (Feb, 27, 28, M1)
Round 3 - Memorial Day - Smith Road - May 25th (May)
Round 4 - July 4th - Smith Road - July 4th (July)
Round 5 - OTC Jamboree - Lightning Raceway (Aug?) To be announced
Round 6 - Labor Day - Smith Road - Sept 7 (Sept)
Round 7 - Sunset Ramblers MX/Flattrack weekend - (Oct?)To be announced

August is very heavy for Faircross MX and I tried to set OTC Jamboree somewhere in between last year. We can set that date when CRA schedule is available. Same with Sunset Ramblers

These are not the only events we will be doing, but these events will be emphasized for a good triker turnout. More info will be posted as events come up. As always, OTC events are family oriented unless otherwise stated, and we depend on maintaining our good reputation of responsibility, appreciation, respect, and clean, safe racing with fun and sportsmanship to be assured of being invited back. We love to have fun,but inappropriate behavior that can jeopardize what we have built will find the offender an early exit. Come, have fun, and be a part of fastest growing group of trike racers in the world, whether it be as a racer, or as pit support! OTC=Family :)

jmack3986
11-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Well i plan on being back home in january or febuary but i am selling the trike to get me a 250R quad. If i change my mind on selling it then I will be there

Russell 350X
11-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Do I need a CRA membership to race any of these? And what are other regulations at those tracks? I would like to come down, I never got to last year :(

Derrick Adams
11-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Currently CRA membership cards are required for the indoor races only. However the other races, no membership is needed.

sandpuppi101
11-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Well you can count me in for next year.I raced with the OTC this year and had the time of my life.The drive was'nt nothing coming from Michigan ,and it was great too see everybody again. I plan on making it to as many race's as I can down there next year.

atctim
11-18-2008, 10:10 AM
I have SOLID plans made to compete in each and every one of these events!

TimSr
11-18-2008, 10:36 AM
The Summit Indoors and Lightning events are CRA sanctioned events. Lightning does not require a CRA membership to race in 3 wheeler classes only. It is required to run a bike or quad class.

Summit Indoors requires a CRA card at this time ($20 per year), even though the 3 wheeler class is not a sanctioned class. You can pick it up at any CRA event at the same place you sign in. I am going to see if I can get a break on this, but no guarentees right now.

All Faircross races require a CRA card.

General CRA rules can be found on their website, as well as pre-registration forms for the indoors. These rules only apply to CRA events.

Please do not contact the CRA or Event promoter with questions or specific concerns about 3 wheeler classes and rules. They do not have any information yet. I havent given it to them yet. I have yet to contact them and negotiate the specifics, and when multiple parties appoint themselves as negotiators on our behalf, it can greatly compromise negotiations. We are dealing with both the CRA and individual race promoters, and I personally know all of the players and have a long term relationship with most of them, so please trust that I am best positioned to accomplish our goals. Freelance negotiators are not helpful. We (OTC) decide most issues as a group, and then I approach the official parties with our final decisions, and try to make the sale. Then I post the official information. If you have input you can contact me via email and Ill present it for discussion with the OTC group. Please do not pre-register until I have posted the final info because they wont know what to do with your registration.

I dont post final info until a few weeks before the event simply because I can best negotiate terms for classes and rules with an accurate attendance headcount. I obviously have a lot more negotiation power with 25 racers than with 4! I also lose all credibility in future negotiations if I negotiate with 25 riders and 4 show up.

Sunset Ramblers has a $10 annual membership.

For general info about times, facilities, fees, and directions you can contact the promoter through the cra website at http://www.racecra.org/

Sunset Ramblers is www.sunsetramblers.com .

My email is in my profile.

Also keep in mind these are open race events with lots of quad and bike classes. You dont have to have a trike, or even be a racer to come and have fun.

Hope to see you all there.

Happy Trails!

Kintore
11-18-2008, 11:12 AM
I have SOLID plans made to compete in each and every one of these events!

x2! im in for it all!

ditchmud
11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
See you at Smith Rd. and whatever else we can make it to.

Louis Mielke
11-19-2008, 07:56 AM
My entire summer revolves around this race series this year. I've already taken off 10 vacation days for it and plan to take more even if I'm out of vacation time.

Kintore
11-19-2008, 03:07 PM
My entire summer revolves around this race series this year. I've already taken off 10 vacation days for it and plan to take more even if I'm out of vacation time.

oh boy, looks like ill be seeing alot of you this year louis, dont know if ill be able to handle all that maryland madness.... :lol:

Louis Mielke
11-19-2008, 03:39 PM
If I can put up with you Canadian craziness, then you can put up with my Maryland madness. HAHA!

Kintore
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
hmmm TOUCHE! :lol: :w00t: :lol:

atctim
12-11-2008, 05:23 PM
less than 4 weeks people - whose in?

Kintore
12-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Ready to spank yall anytime anywhere!

TimSr
12-27-2008, 02:12 PM
After a nice vacation on a tropical island Im now back to business in the frozen midwest tundra.

Okay, I spoke with the promoter, Josh McFadden on the phone yesterday, and they are enthusiastic about another OTC performance again this year! There will be a 3 wheeler class on Sat. There will only be one class due to number of racers, probably about 8 or 9. Also, unlike other classes, if we have too many for gate, they will simply line up a second row behind the first rather than eliminate people in heat races from the main event in evening. He said ours was the only class he could do that because we are all such good sports and are racing to have fun. For classifications in rules, practice, etc., we are considered a quad class.

Required equipment (at about all races)Tether kill switch, helmet, boots covering ankle, long sleeves, long pants, eye protection (goggles, glasses,etc.)

Good news, CRA membership requirement is waived for 3 wheeler class! This is only for the Saturday 3 wheeler class. If you wish to race on Fri or Sun, or in any other class (which you can do if you meet class criteria) you will still need CRA membership. Also, if you plan to race other CRA events later in the year, it may be worthwhile. I will get it for us, because we run Faircross, and also to get the CRA magazine sent to us, but if Indoors is the only CRA race youll be doing, you can save $20 per rider on membership just like they did at Lightning.

Fri gates open at 3 pm
Sat gates open at 9 am
Sun gates open at 8 am

Race dates will be:

Friday Jan 9th, Feb 27
Sign-up 6 pm
Practice 7 pm
Race 8 pm

Saturday Jan 10th, Feb 28
Sign-up 9 am
Practice 10 am
Pro Practice 4 pm
Heat Races 11 am
Race Main event @ 7pm

Sunday Jan 11th, Mar 1st
Sign-up 9am
Practice 10 am
Race 11 am

Go to http://www.racecra.org in the Publications and Forms section for a Pre-Entry Form This will save you $10 per class you sign up for. You have to print it out, and mail it in. Youll notice there is no "3 wheeler class" on the form. You will need to write it in. DO NOT USE the online registration. It will not work because our class is not listed. There is also more information here http://www.summitindoormx.com including some indooor flatrack in Jan and Feb.

Again, Summit Indoors is in Summit Co. Fairgrounds, in Tallmadge, OH on the corner of SR91 and Howe Rd., just a few miles north of I-76. From I-76 take SR91 north, cross Howe Rd, and enter Fairgrounds on the right and follow signs. For Mapquest, just enter directions for Tallmadge, OH. Its tiny.

Admission is $10.00 for everyone. Parking is $1.00. Race pre-Entry is $25.00, or post entry is $35.00. CRA membership, if needed, is $20.00.

You can camp there in parking lot, and electric hookups are available for a fee. Most of the OTC folks room with locals, or group in local motel.

As with all OTC events, we value our reputation for responsibility and sportsmanship, and conduct appropriate for the particular atmosphere, and in this case, family racing. We are there to have fun, and we dont kill anybody for trophies or plaques. This is why promoters welcome us back. All are invited to join us who can live up to these simple expectations. Those who cannot, will be expelled. A few bad apples can easily destroy the reputation of a group, and we worked too hard for ours.

atctim
12-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Headcount - who all is gonna be there?????????? Come on giys - this is one of the most fun events going!

Louis Mielke
12-31-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm in for sure!

TimSr
01-01-2009, 02:39 AM
You know Jr and I are in, Garageboy says he is in, Blacksheep is even hitting the Thursday practice to get an edge on us. Mrs Mosh says a new local guy is coming. Here's a little reminder of some of last year's action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoklJ7-xKnQ&feature=PlayList&p=3A2A1B221A86AE28&playnext=1&index=19

the snake
01-05-2009, 01:34 AM
count me in also.

keister
01-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Sending the application right now. This is the last day to pre-register - as they need to have the form by Wednesday at noon. Nothing like cutting it close.

TimSr
01-07-2009, 09:55 AM
You can still pre-register today!

Paypal registartion can be done manually by making payment to Chubbyoutlaw@aol.com .

It is very important to include all of the information requested on the paper signup form! This would be the race date, the class, race number, etc. Everything asked for on the registration signup form should be in the note section of your Paypal payment. The only blank will be the CRA number which I have explained. Cost is $25 per class.

Looks like its going to be a great turnout, even without some of our usual hybrid front runners.

Current "for sure" list:

atctim
Kintore
Louis M
TimSr
TimJr
Garageboy
Blacksheep
Moshman
Jake the Snake
Keister

Maybe:
local guy
Flyin' Brian

atctim
01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Ready to spank yall anytime anywhere!

Josh - I don't think Public displays of Affection will be necessary.

I can not wait for this event - it really breaks up the winter monotony of no racing.

We will try to get as many photos as possible. If you are in or near Ohio - come on out and spectate - or fire up your trike and bring it along. It is the most fun you will have that is allowed by law.

I simply can not wait - it is driving me nuts as I sit here at work day dreaming about those 5 or 6 minutes of track time per heat.. We shall see how the new 450 does in action - as this will be it's debut run. I AM STOKED!

Kintore
01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Josh - I don't think Public displays of Affection will be necessary.

ahaha lmao what a guy

keister
01-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Awesome race guys!!

20 straight hours of snow in Ohio, and we still had NINE trikes show up at Summit Indoor (bigger than any quad class turnout, I think). We had a well rounded group too. Tecate, 200X, TriZ, 500R, 450conversion, 250SX, and (3) 250Rs.

Video footage was shot. You will be in for a treat when it gets posted up.

KASEY
01-13-2009, 12:09 AM
how about some results?

Kintore
01-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Still pissed I couldnt make it, but hey, TONS of snow there and here makes me a feel a little better about my decision

keister
01-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Kasey,
I am doing this from memory so it may not be 100% accurate. Guys, correct me if I am wrong. This should be pretty close.
Also, there were 2 local guys and I don't know their names (I don't think they are members here), so I will just name their bikes below. They were both highly skilled riders.

Heat 1: TheSnake, Louis, 250SX, TimJr, Keister
Heat 2: ATCTim, 200X, TimSr, Garageboy
Consol: Garageboy, TimJr, Keister
Finals: TheSnake, 200X, ATCTim, TimSr, Louis, 250SX

Also, TimJr ran his 250R against quads in the Jr. Woodsman class. We left just before the finals of that, so I don't know how he fared. Knowing him, I would guess pretty well.

atctim
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Pretty nice photos!

http://richspix.smugmug.com/photos/454839011_ZKCmL-M.jpg

http://richspix.smugmug.com/photos/454839020_wRp3Y-M.jpg

http://richspix.smugmug.com/photos/454839028_qdTW7-M.jpg

http://richspix.smugmug.com/photos/454839052_bqYPt-M.jpg

atctim
01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
http://richspix.smugmug.com/photos/454839058_Asivc-M.jpg

http://richspix.smugmug.com/photos/454839063_iCJVw-L.jpg

http://richspix.smugmug.com/photos/454839044_rpGKp-L.jpg

http://richspix.smugmug.com/photos/454839285_3WmY4-L.jpg

TimSr
01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Video footage is now up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhaW86vgxBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wR5JZWPJfA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkJfNI5PrAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfcPGerVi0

Kintore
01-16-2009, 08:42 AM
AWESOME, man i missed out on a good time (shakes both fists and feet and the weather!!!!!!!)

TimSr
01-17-2009, 05:11 PM
AWESOME, man i missed out on a good time (shakes both fists and feet and the weather!!!!!!!)

Its okay Josh! Having your archair stuck in the snow is a valid excuse! We did miss you. We had some quad racers from last year decide they wanted to be trike racers this year. We thought a couple newbies would make us look good until we got SCHOOLED!:lol: Had they been on something a little faster than a 200X and a 250SX, I think even Jake would have only viewed the rear grab bar! As I predicted, the winner was oldschool, (Jake) but I never figured on 2nd going to a 200X! We had a great time, and its nice to see more and more local guys coming to join us. That seems to be our best pool of new riders. You would thing there would be more interest on trike enthusiast websites. :wondering I've got this feeling we will see you at the next one, even if you have to cross Lake Erie in a snowmobile! Its frozen over now!

Kintore
01-18-2009, 02:45 AM
hell ya dude, i bought new gear today, thats GOTTA make me fast :lol:

atctim
01-18-2009, 11:11 PM
hell ya dude, i bought new gear today, thats GOTTA make me fast :lol:

Got my hat yet???????????? That should make me faster!

Kintore
01-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Theyd be sellin like HOTCAKES, i got mine before the winter season still really took off, i must be a trend setter. But ill get ya one brother from another motha

TimSr
01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Wow! Doesnt seem to be much interest in 3 wheeler racing on this site other than the usual OTC gang, but if some lurker out there would like to join us, give one of us a shout! Next event coming up is Summit Indoors #2, February 28, 2009!
Required equipment (at about all races)Tether kill switch, helmet, boots covering ankle, long sleeves, long pants, eye protection (goggles, glasses,etc.)

Good news, CRA membership requirement is waived for 3 wheeler class! This is only for the Saturday 3 wheeler class. If you wish to race on Fri or Sun, or in any other class (which you can do if you meet class criteria) you will still need CRA membership. Also, if you plan to race other CRA events later in the year, it may be worthwhile. I will get it for us, because we run Faircross, and also to get the CRA magazine sent to us, but if Indoors is the only CRA race youll be doing, you can save $20 per rider on membership just like they did at Lightning.

Fri gates open at 3 pm
Sat gates open at 9 am
Sun gates open at 8 am

Race dates will be:

Friday, Feb 27
Sign-up 6 pm
Practice 7 pm
Race 8 pm

Saturday, Feb 28
Sign-up 9 am
Practice 10 am
Pro Practice 4 pm
Heat Races 11 am
Race Main event @ 7pm

Sunday, Mar 1st
Sign-up 9am
Practice 10 am
Race 11 am

Go to http://www.racecra.org in the Publications and Forms section for a Pre-Entry Form This will save you $10 per class you sign up for. You have to print it out, and mail it in. Youll notice there is no "3 wheeler class" on the form. You will need to write it in. DO NOT USE the online registration. It will not work because our class is not listed. There is also more information here http://www.summitindoormx.com including some indooor flatrack.

Again, Summit Indoors is in Summit Co. Fairgrounds, in Tallmadge, OH on the corner of SR91 and Howe Rd., just a few miles north of I-76. From I-76 take SR91 north, cross Howe Rd, and enter Fairgrounds on the right and follow signs. For Mapquest, just enter directions for Tallmadge, OH. Its tiny.

Admission is $10.00 for everyone. Parking is $1.00. Race pre-Entry is $25.00, or post entry is $35.00. CRA membership, if needed, is $20.00.

You can camp there in parking lot, and electric hookups are available for a fee. Most of the OTC folks room with locals, or group in local motel.

TimSr
01-30-2009, 11:12 AM
We are compiling the list of racers now. Anybody here like to be added to the list?

Wow! Doesnt seem to be much interest in 3 wheeler racing on this site other than the usual OTC gang, but if some lurker out there would like to join us, give one of us a shout! Next event coming up is Summit Indoors #2, February 28, 2009!

Fri gates open at 3 pm
Sat gates open at 9 am
Sun gates open at 8 am

Race dates will be:

Friday, Feb 27
Sign-up 6 pm
Practice 7 pm
Race 8 pm

Saturday, Feb 28
Sign-up 9 am
Practice 10 am
Pro Practice 4 pm
Heat Races 11 am
Race Main event @ 7pm

Sunday, Mar 1st
Sign-up 9am
Practice 10 am
Race 11 am

Go to http://www.racecra.org in the Publications and Forms section for a Pre-Entry Form This will save you $10 per class you sign up for. You have to print it out, and mail it in. Youll notice there is no "3 wheeler class" on the form. You will need to write it in. DO NOT USE the online registration. It will not work because our class is not listed. There is also more information here http://www.summitindoormx.com including some indooor flatrack.

big specht
02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
There is going to be a flat track race this week end . The are going to let us race atc70's there probley going to be around 10 racing I hope . We use to race them alot then every body got in to other things. Most of the bike are set up to flat track and have bigger engines and we are running racing go cart tires.

TimSr
02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
There is going to be a flat track race this week end . The are going to let us race atc70's there probley going to be around 10 racing I hope . We use to race them alot then every body got in to other things. Most of the bike are set up to flat track and have bigger engines and we are running racing go cart tires.

I didnt see this until too late. I hope it went well for you guys. They will pretty much let us run about anything that we can bring a class in for. If you get a chance, shoot me an email, and we can coordinate activities with your group and OTC.! :welcome:

TimSr
02-22-2009, 05:03 PM
This is coming up fast. If you want to pre-register and save $10, you need to get it sent in right away. They need to receive by Wednesday!

Current list of racers committing to this event:

ATCTim
Jake the Snake
Kintore
TimSr
TimJr
Moshman Rob
Louis Mielke
Garageboy34
Flyin' Brian
Scott (The 250sx guy)
Carl (The 200X guy)

Fri gates open at 3 pm
Sat gates open at 9 am
Sun gates open at 8 am

Race dates will be:

Friday, Feb 27
Sign-up 6 pm
Practice 7 pm
Race 8 pm

Saturday, Feb 28
Sign-up 9 am
Practice 10 am
Pro Practice 4 pm
Heat Races 11 am
Race Main event @ 7pm

Sunday, Mar 1st
Sign-up 9am
Practice 10 am
Race 11 am

We are compiling the list of racers now. Anybody here like to be added to the list?

big specht
02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
It went good for us there was 9 bikes that showed up . I think we made a pretty good showing I will try to post some pics and maybe a video .

TimSr
02-25-2009, 03:32 PM
It went good for us there was 9 bikes that showed up . I think we made a pretty good showing I will try to post some pics and maybe a video .

I really enjoyed the video. I hope we get to meet some of you guys this weekend. We will be easy to spot!

seadoo650
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Last minute edit for one more racer.:w00t:

This is coming up fast. If you want to pre-register and save $10, you need to get it sent in right away. They need to receive by Wednesday!

Current list of racers committing to this event:

ATCTim
Jake the Snake
Kintore
TimSr
TimJr
Moshman Rob
Louis Mielke
Garageboy34
Flyin' Brian
Scott (The 250sx guy)
Carl (The 200X guy)
3leggeddog (jockeying ole' blue)

TimSr
02-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Itll be great to be back out there with Brandon again! Maybe he is rusty enough I can keep up with him. I doubt it!. My rear shock is blown so Ill be racing a pogo stick.

Here's a couple of last months pics. I have the DVDs ready, and ill bring a bunch with me in teh morning . They have 136 pictures, and also i put the youtube videos on there.

Kintore
03-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Had a BLAST guys, cant wait to do it again!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270045.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270046.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270055.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270056.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270053.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270050.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270057.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270060.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270061.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270063.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270068.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270044.jpg

Mrs.Mosh
03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
My camera died, so I didn't get any race pics, but here is what I did get.

There was 2 heat gates. 13 racers in all. The top 3 from the heat races went onto the main. Then there was a last chance qualifying, with the winner of that race also going to the main.
In the LCQ, ATC Tim & Carl battled hard right up to the end, with Carl edging out ATC Tim for the final transfer spot.

1st gate place order was:
1) Moshman
2) Brian
3) Scott

2nd gate order:
1) Louis
2) Jake
3) Josh

The main event (if I remember the order correctly) was
1) Josh..... who also cleared that 20-25 foot double.
2) Jake
3) Louis
4) Carl
5) Moshman
6) Scott
7) Brian
(the last 2 both had mechanical issues, due to racing contact, so I may have them switched up?)

Here are the trikes lined up. It took me 3 shots to get them all in...
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors001.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors002.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors003.jpg

Moshman
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors004.jpg

TimSr
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors005.jpg

Garageboy (Mark)
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors006.jpg

Mark & Dawn
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors007.jpg

Before the 1st heat...
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors008.jpg

and the only 2 I got inside....
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors009.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/indoors010.jpg

tecat-z
03-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Looks like everyone had a blast! :beer

Kintore
03-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Here is this knarly double we are taking about, Not so much the jump its the SMALL run you got to clear it.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Summit%20Indoor/P2270081.jpg

TimSr
03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Kintore, youll, be happy to know that I have your show-off race ender on video. I was focus on Scott's crowd pleaser roll, but panned back over just in time! Ill get all the videos posted somewhere when I get a chance to edit.

They've already posted some pics on Pitracer.com. You guys all represented OTC well, and we are causing a big stir in the Ohio racing circuit, all positive. Responsible behavior and good sportsmanship opens a lot of doors. They have rolled out the welcome mat at Malvern Raceway for us now, but I told them we have way more invitations than racers. OTC, you guys (and gals) should be proud!!! You've made 3 wheeler racing mainstream!

atctim
03-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I would like to make mention of something that myself and a few others discussed on Saturday night prior to the main event. At Summit Indoor MX - the Three Wheeler races were last in the line up of 39 races. We were discussing if people really do enjoy watching us race or if the crowd is drawn for motorcycle and or quads only. We wondered if people would start to filter out as the bikes and quads were done racing. With standing room only (and very little of that) the place was still packed as the final race of 3 wheeled machines lined up at the gate. People really do enjoy watching us "go at it" on those 3 wheeled death machines. It was a great event to watch and I am proud of everyone who came out to race (for some - this was their very first race ever).

See you all in 3 months at the next main OTC race event - Smith Road Raceway! Come on, come all - Armchair racers need not apply!

I would also like to say we are seeing some new faces joining us - maybe they will come on board here too - they are the "Trike Life" crew from Ohio - and these guys can ride!!!!

Tri-Z 250
03-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Looks like Smith Rd could turn up to be a record #....I do, believe...I'm building it...so I could go play too. Sorry I didn't make it down. I was on Diaper watch...Catch you'all this Spring, I'm all pumped on it!

3leggeddog
03-03-2009, 04:47 PM
man,ol blue just wouldn't turn for me,they did however get this good pic where i actually look like i know what i'm doing,haha,next time rick and I are gonna work on bike set up a lil before the races ;)

Mosh
03-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Just found this site. Tons of nice pics of us..

The main
http://www.cjdavismx.com/Summit22809/index_19.htm

Heat races
http://www.cjdavismx.com/Summit22809/index_3.htm

http://www.cjdavismx.com/Summit22809/index_2.htm

Kintore
03-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Hot damn! these are badass!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/IMG_8947.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/IMG_8941.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/IMG_8928.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/IMG_8914.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/IMG_8342.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/IMG_8341.jpg

atctim
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
That guy must not have liked me or something - here is the only two he took of me - better look close!!!!!

http://www.cjdavismx.com/Summit22809/images/IMG_8349.jpg

http://www.cjdavismx.com/Summit22809/images/IMG_8345.jpg

the snake
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
sweet pics to go along with that sweet race. awesome job everyone. cant wait to do it again

TimSr
03-10-2009, 10:01 PM
sweet pics to go along with that sweet race. awesome job everyone. cant wait to do it again

Im glad they were able to give you a little competition this time! You made that January race look way too easy!

Next stop on teh OTC Race Series - Smith Road Raceway on Memorial Day.

Also, Rumble on the Ridge is May 2

Sunset Ramblers Team Harescramble is This Sunday, the 15th!

Mosh
03-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Heat1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JQgNYuRC2Q

Heat 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLw_paUC54

We have more that will get posted.We still dont have the MAIN yet but we are trying..
Thanks Tim Sr for getting these up!

seadoo650
03-12-2009, 07:36 PM
That was awsome to watch again. That cameraman did a fantastic job.:naughty:

Mosh
03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
DOHHH!
Thanks, Rick for taking the vids!

atctim
03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Great videos guys - great!!!!!! Anybody happen to get the Conci race by chance?

TimSr
03-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Great videos guys - great!!!!!! Anybody happen to get the Conci race by chance?

Rob is supposed to bring me that video this weekend. Nobody shot that one on my cam. So far I havent seen any pics from the conci. The guys who didnt make the main kind of got shorted on the pics this time around.:( Jr missed his first heat with the plug fouling on the line, so I dont have any of him in 3 wheeler class, just the video I shot of his Jr Woodsman race. Hopefully, Ill get the rest up this weekend, but time will be short.

Sunday Team Harescramble at www.sunsetramblers.com - TimJr and I will be running the only trike team there.

atctim
03-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Sunday Team Harescramble at www.sunsetramblers.com - TimJr and I will be running the only trike team there.

Good luck to you guys - and as always be safe. Go TEAM TIM!

Jason Hall
03-13-2009, 10:02 AM
You all looked GREAT. Man that was some tight racing guys!!! Mosh you held off Brian, that should make you feel pretty darn good. You stayed calm and held the Inside like a pro!!!

Louis, that was a kick ass holeshot buddy. Fine job holding on to the 500. It looks like the bike turns nice :w00t: I missed the boat this time, see you guys at Smith Rd.

Thanks for sharing the video's I'm friggin geeked after watching that :beer :beer :beer You guys are awesome!!!

Mosh
03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
I am pretty darn sure Brian let me hold him off.
I am not that good of a rider.:lol:

And If I did hold him off, I can assure you, it was probably more my / your powerplant, than rider:naughty:

Kintore
03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
AWESOME GUYS!

Me and snake were gettin on it hard in heat 2!

im coming for ya buddy........GIT IT!

hahah

great racin everybody

Louis Mielke
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Seriously, everyone's stepping it up HARD. Gonna be some awesome racing this season!

TimSr
03-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I am pretty darn sure Brian let me hold him off.
I am not that good of a rider.:lol:

And If I did hold him off, I can assure you, it was probably more my / your powerplant, than rider:naughty:

Brian is a very smart racer who wont make a risky move, if there is nothing to be gained. As this was just for position, and he was in the top 3, he rides more conservative. Having said that though, I can guarentee that had you made any mistake whatsoever and given him an inch of error to work with, he'd have taken it i an instant, so you can be proud of a flawless performance in front of a guy who capitlizes on flaws. :naughty: Your a lot better at this than you give yourself credit for. :p

atctim
03-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Mosh - I agree with Sr - you are a much better rider than you give yourself credit for. Especially for a guy who is always "just taking it easy" out in 1st place ;)

Can't wait to do some more friendly battle with you at Smith Road this year.

Tri-Z 250
03-14-2009, 02:28 PM
:lol: Mosh you make me laugh..No bragging just a quiet win. Funny how you managed the inside line with a no mistake win. Sure just scooted off the gate for the holeshot(simple enough). Looked to me like you were in control from gate to checker...NICE. So I've got to stir the pot...can't help it. Smith Rd...? A or B class? I said this before 3 B wins is a direct move to the A class:welcome: :beer

sbjones73
03-16-2009, 04:11 AM
awesome vids! i would love to get a chanve to race like that. i am going to have to see how far away this is from south central wi.

again, great vids and keep up the trike life!!!!!:beer

Mosh
03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I have much room for improvement.
I dont make racing my priority,so I will always just be out there riding.

And I have only won B class Once. So I guess I can stay there for 2 more wins?:lol:

Kintore
03-16-2009, 09:07 PM
haha hey now rob,now your just like teabag timmy!

oh I had a heart attack I need to ride B class. YAH RIGHT!

atctim
03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
But I am riding in B class this year - the whole season or until I win 3 B class races. I have yet to take a single 1st place in B class!

We are not all as young and spry as Kintore and Jake the Snake!!!!!!

Louis Mielke
03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
But I am riding in B class this year - the whole season or until I win 3 B class races. I have yet to take a single 1st place in B class!

We are not all as young and spry as Kintore and Jake the Snake!!!!!!

Alright you can run B class but you have to start out facing backwards.

Kintore
03-17-2009, 08:34 AM
And if lou wants too on the 5-0 hes gotta be backwards/ 500 feet away/ Eating a hotdog and drinking a Mountain Dew

keister
03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Three B class wins gets you to A?
I thought after winning a B race you automatically move up.
When did this rule change?

It will be a cold day in Trikesylvania when I get one B class win anyway.

TimSr
03-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Three B class wins gets you to A?
I thought after winning a B race you automatically move up.
When did this rule change?

It will be a cold day in Trikesylvania when I get one B class win anyway.

Nobody has ever stayed in B class even after winning once, so it looks like we are all moving to B class. :lol: We can be like that one bike class, where they have a huge C class, a smaller B class, and no A class. :wondering

Rob has cleaned my clock the last two races. He won't hide in B class. :naughty:

Oh, by the way, I have the trike main from Summit posted. I didnt go get the link to post here, but you guys know how to find it, and I dont think anybody else watches them anyways.

Mrs.Mosh
03-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Na, people watch them. Thanks for getting it up Tim.
You still want our footage from Buck?
Here is the link of the main http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaxGgkB5bfw

I like the little added notes Tim.:lol:

Tri-Z 250
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
It's an inside joke: the B class wins = move up to A class keister....I was ribbing Rob. There are no set rules as far as I know...It's all about fun...I shouldn't have said anything. Since Rob has been helping me out he always reminds me how "he's much more of a trail and hill shooter than racer." Funny how he seems to manage a win here an there...I am happy for Rob actually this my just keep his interest in limited events. I just can let'em get off with out a good rub. Sorry to all for any confusion it was ment as a joke.:rolleyes:

Tri-Z 250
03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
I did see frist hand Bob Hannah start backwards at Mid Ohio and still smoke the class.
Mosh your getting off topic:D

Sweet BATTLE men! Nice win Kintore way to reel em in!

Kintore
03-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the main guys!

Louis Mielke
03-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Main is AWESOME! I keep watching it over and over. We ALL really had a great race! WOOT!

Derrick Adams
03-18-2009, 01:23 AM
We should just be tickled that we have enough riders for an A and B class! Where else in the nation can you say that?

The word is spreading fast. More and more trikes on the line every race, with riders we dont know. Guys driving in from all states to compete, AND returning again and again and again. You guys are riding the wave of a new era of trike racing.

Kintore
03-18-2009, 07:26 AM
"You guys"

Your scarin me there D rock, you out like trout?

keister
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
It's an inside joke: the B class wins = move up to A class keister....I was ribbing Rob. There are no set rules as far as I know...It's all about fun...I shouldn't have said anything. Since Rob has been helping me out he always reminds me how "he's much more of a trail and hill shooter than racer." Funny how he seems to manage a win here an there...I am happy for Rob actually this my just keep his interest in limited events. I just can let'em get off with out a good rub. Sorry to all for any confusion it was ment as a joke.:rolleyes:

That's cool. I just didn't want to see Mosh sandbagging in the B class all year. Those fast guys need to stay in A where they belong and let us slow guys (and gals) plod along in the B (and C).

Mosh
03-18-2009, 09:44 AM
I ran B class 1 time at Smith Rd.
I won. With 2 people knipping at my heels the whole race..

I ran B class At TF 2 years.
One time I finished 3rd...Barely...Another time I dnf'd in the second moto..

You guys make it sound like I cheat...:lol:

At the most recent race, there was no A or B class.
You had to race into the main...Were I still got my clock cleaned..Had 1 guy not had mechanical issues,I probably would have finished last..

I am a front runner for B class, or a last place A class rider...
Which way do I go?

I race Maybe 3 times a year at the most,So there is plenty of chances for someone else to get the win thru the rest of the year.;)

The only thing I am good at is getting the holeshot..After that I get smoked.:lol:

atctim
03-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Mosh,

Race where you are most comfortable! Don't let us jack holes tell you which class to race. I know that this is just a ribbing - but I know that sometimes the ribbing also gets kinda old..............

Mosh
03-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Ahh Man...
You guys know I dont give a crap..
I aint takin any offense to anything...

I could really care less where I finish or if I even race..I just go to have a good time..

If I did apply myself,I might actually be good.

atctim
03-18-2009, 11:17 AM
If I did apply myself,I might actually be good.

I used to get that comment on my report cards in school alot :)

Tri-Z 250
03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Mosh,

Race us jack holes ..............
:lol: Exactly, well put:beer

keister
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Mosh,
I'm done ribbing you..... for now. I'm just glad to see you out there on the track. Next up: Smith Road. If we get a few more racers, maybe I can drop down and collect a C class win.

atctim
03-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Mosh,
I'm done ribbing you..... for now. I'm just glad to see you out there on the track. Next up: Smith Road. If we get a few more racers, maybe I can drop down and collect a C class win.

With enough people you would almost be guaranteed a D class podium spot!:lol:

Nah - just kidding bro - I am just glad to see you out there on the track with the OTC - you are NOT and armchair racer like so many others hiding behind their keyboards talking about how good they are on the track they never go to!

TimSr
03-19-2009, 09:05 AM
I am just glad to see you out there on the track with the OTC - you are NOT and armchair racer like so many others hiding behind their keyboards talking about how good they are on the track they never go to!

Ill 2nd that! Once you make it to the starting gate, there's nothing else to prove. Ive got more respect for the mostly non-racer that occasionally goes out there to represent, than the hard core guys, because I know how much harder it is. That last half of the B class takes more guts than being a front runner. All who choose to go out there to portray a good image to the non-trike public are doing a great service for everyone who would like to see the image of trikes legitimized. As I told TimJr when he would run fair races on his 200X against Derrick, Brandon, and me: "You beat couple thousand trikers who never showed up." Nobody ever impressed anybody or won a trophy for critiquing real racers on youtube. :lol:

Kintore
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I remember my first race, I was terrifed and ole Sr told me to show up and try it out.

Billy rolled me first corner and ive never looked back! that reminds me, I gotta roll billy back sometime..... haha

Derrick Adams
03-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Billy rolled me first corner and ive never looked back! that reminds me, I gotta roll billy back sometime..... haha

Sounds like you may get your chance this year at TF! I think Billy may want to climb off his golf cart and spend some time on his Tri-Z though. Going to be hard to corner that Laeger Quad of his in the trike races after we take one of the front wheels off! :D

Derrick Adams
03-19-2009, 04:49 PM
I am a front runner for B class, or a last place A class rider...
Which way do I go?

I race Maybe 3 times a year at the most,So there is plenty of chances for someone else to get the win thru the rest of the year.;)

The only thing I am good at is getting the holeshot..After that I get smoked.:lol:

My personal opinion is that you should stay in B class, for 2 reasons.

1) I think that you have just the right skill level for the racing in that class and you are fast enough that it gives the other riders great competition and/or someone to strive to beat. I can't tell you how much Brandon and Brian motivated me to ride harder, just because I thought I should be able to run with them.

2) If you are in the A class, you may get the notion to actually try to run hard, and when you do that it causes me fits. LOL. I am a front runner in that class and I can say from experience that I have had more than a few GREAT races with Rob right beside me... and then in front of me... and then behind me... and then back in front of me!

Rob is no sand bagger, merely a recreational racer that goes out to enjoy himself. BUT, I will say that he has alot of controlled potential to be VERY FAST if he ever wants to be. Reminds me alot of Ed on his Tecate.

Another one of these guys to watch out for is Max. I've seen that guy do some amazing things on a trike and I feel its only a matter of time before he gets tired of holding back and comes up to the front of the pack in a MAJOR way.

JOSH. I am NOT retired from three wheeler racing. Far from it. Just taking the year off to get my head and wallet straight. I'll be back next year and ready to go back to battle.

3leggeddog
03-19-2009, 05:00 PM
there may be more then one of the O.G.'s coming out of retirement...I think you boys forget about the 3leggeddog anymore.....

Mosh
03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks D... You Nailed it!
I just want to ride...LOL.... A,B,C, Dont matter to me.

If I show up to a race...Just line me up..ANYWHERE:w00t:

Even when I race, I run 80% of my full potential. I just dont care to push myself beyond that. Give me ten less years of age,and I might run harder.

The last thing I ever want to do, is push myself, or anyone else on the track beyond a saftey limit.

And yes! Get out of retirement Brandon:beer

Louis Mielke
03-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Sounds like you may get your chance this year at TF! I think Billy may want to climb off his golf cart and spend some time on his Tri-Z though. Going to be hard to corner that Laeger Quad of his in the trike races after we take one of the front wheels off! :D

Naw it's okay. He's scared of three wheelers now. He won't be much of a worry.

Louis Mielke
03-19-2009, 08:05 PM
there may be more then one of the O.G.'s coming out of retirement...I think you boys forget about the 3leggeddog anymore.....

or the 3leggeddog forgot about us. hmmmmm........

Kintore
03-20-2009, 07:26 AM
HELL YEA BOYS!

hey brandon, you see the ole banana took a win the other day at summit?

she likes it!

glad to hear there Derrick, I got a spare 2 fiddy if you wanna run that?

Tri-Z 250
03-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Nobody ever impressed anybody for critiquing real racers on youtube. :lol:

True you haven't seen me ride or gate up. I'm not trying to impress anyone with my spelling or impressions of a race...If all goes well from this point out in the build. I see no problems being at Smith Rd #1 round.....Heck I plan to run the track prior if they still run the Weds open practices for setup and shakedown runs.

I agree with Sr. NO DOUBT getting to the line is a battle in itself(9 weeks away). The joy of riding with the rest of you:beer like minded individuals a pleasure. I'm not out to win a trophey anymore than wanting to get away from the inlaws on the Holidays. You might see me on the line...I'll be in the bells and whistles MX outfit:lol:

It's nice to see all who can join(spectator/pitcrew or rider) make the races...as far as a Second Wave of trike racing goes: Heck what ever is bringing more partisipation to these events lets keep it up....IMO it's just good folks having fun together. The boards allowing us to bond on a more unified level instead of strictly showing up to a track and racing.

TimSr
03-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Okay, thanks to Buck, as well as Rob and Tammy, I now have the conci race posted! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kf_VeKd2Iw&feature=channel_page

Mrs.Mosh
03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Okay, thanks to Buck, as well as Rob and Tammy, I now have the conci race posted! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kf_VeKd2Iw&feature=channel_page

Thank you Tim, for taking the time to post the consi race:beer

3leggeddog
03-24-2009, 09:10 PM
an elephant never forgets,and havent you seen my trunk,no,well then......

TimSr
05-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Race # 3 of the OTC Race series is rapidly approaching!

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=97386

TimSr
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Updated with Sunset Ramblers Flat Track / MX Date

Round 1 - Summit County Indoor Race - Jan 10th - (Jan 9, 10, 11)
Round 2 - Summit County Indoor Race- Feb 28th (Feb, 27, 28, M1)
Round 3 - Memorial Day - Smith Road - May 25th (May)
Round 4 - July 4th - Smith Road - July 4th (July)
Round 5 - OTC Jamboree - Lightning Raceway Aug 22-23 (Aug)
Round 7 - Sunset Ramblers MX/Flattrack weekend-October 17 -18 (Oct)

TimSr
08-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Race event #5 at Lightning Raceway is coming up fast! See details of the OTC Jam weekend in the local riding forum.

TimSr
08-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Round 6 coming up!

Updated with Sunset Ramblers Flat Track / MX Date

done Round 1 - Summit County Indoor Race - Jan 10th - (Jan 9, 10, 11)
done Round 2 - Summit County Indoor Race- Feb 28th (Feb, 27, 28, M1)
done Round 3 - Memorial Day - Smith Road - May 25th (May)
done Round 4 - July 4th - Smith Road - July 4th (July)
done Round 5 - OTC Jamboree - Lightning Raceway Aug 22-23 (Aug)

Round 7 - Sunset Ramblers MX/Flattrack weekend-October 17 -18 (Oct)