PDA

View Full Version : 1 ton police van

SCRAMCHARGER318
11-13-2008, 01:41 PM
so i'm up late last night about 1:30 am smoking the days last cigarette as bob seger says it. when all of the sudden i hear someone trying to kick over my neighbors trx250r he has out by the road chained to a tree for sale, however i'm about 300 feet away. as i'm slowly sneeking out to my van calling the cops he gets the thing running and starts to take off down our remote country road. so jumped in my 95 dodge 1 ton cargo van after him, ya know those 250r's are pretty fast but not fast enough for the 360 magnum, so about a mile down the road i'm right on his grab bar with the bright's on talking to the police at the same time. he gets off the road into the local pickle farm and hops off the quad and into a truck, but if i hadn't been there he would have got the quad as well, so these guys take off down the road while i decided to stay with the quad. the neighbor tells me the cops caught them latter that night! of course my precise description of the dodge truck with liscense plate im sure helped a little. i must say it was a pretty feeling to deliever my neighbors quad back to him personally!

" u can tune a piano, but you can't tuna-fish":beer

The Goat
11-13-2008, 02:02 PM
lol...that's worth a chuckle.

how much is he selling that R for...I have the 2 stroke fever

SCRAMCHARGER318
11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
he wants 2200 for it, thing sure is fast he eats up my sx all the time, but that ain't sayin much.

TravEX
11-13-2008, 04:38 PM
It's great to have great neighbors!!!!!!!!

Glad you got it back for him.

ATC-Eric
11-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Good story, thanks for sharing.

SCRAMCHARGER318
11-13-2008, 05:23 PM
oh i gotta edit something, i meant pretty good feeling, not pretty feeling. dont want you guys thinkin i'm a fairy or something. but you probably think that anyway:lol:

edog
11-13-2008, 06:00 PM
lol...that's worth a chuckle.

how much is he selling that R for...I have the 2 stroke fever

Did you ever finish your X? Or ride it for that matter?

Have you ever been On an R?? Water or airfooler????

edog
11-13-2008, 06:04 PM
so i'm up late last night about 1:30 am smoking the days last cigarette as bob seger says it. when all of the sudden i hear someone trying to kick over my neighbors trx250r he has out by the road chained to a tree for sale, however i'm about 300 feet away. as i'm slowly sneeking out to my van calling the cops he gets the thing running and starts to take off down our remote country road. so jumped in my 95 dodge 1 ton cargo van after him, ya know those 250r's are pretty fast but not fast enough for the 360 magnum, so about a mile down the road i'm right on his grab bar with the bright's on talking to the police at the same time. he gets off the road into the local pickle farm and hops off the quad and into a truck, but if i hadn't been there he would have got the quad as well, so these guys take off down the road while i decided to stay with the quad. the neighbor tells me the cops caught them latter that night! of course my precise description of the dodge truck with liscense plate im sure helped a little. i must say it was a pretty feeling to deliever my neighbors quad back to him personally!

" u can tune a piano, but you can't tuna-fish":beer

Thats funny chit rite there.

Dirtcrasher
11-13-2008, 07:05 PM
That's awesome!!.... Your a great guy for caring and I'm sure you were thinking "what if someone were trying to steal my stuff"

Gearheadtom
11-14-2008, 06:31 PM
If someone tried to steal my wheeler, I wish I would have someone like you for a neighbor.

ditchmud
11-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Way to go! Good thing you were around. My biggest fear is getting one of my toys ripped off. My dogs sleep in the garage with my rides.

SCRAMCHARGER318
11-18-2008, 12:55 PM
it was just a insane coincidence, i usually am not up past 12 cuz i gotta be up a 6 am, i couln't sleep so i decided to head out to the garage for a smoke, i would call that almost a 1 in a million shot. the cops had a strange look in there eyes when i was describing the truck. i narrowed it down to a 91-93 dodge truck by the tailgate and molding package it had. turns out when the guys ran the plate and checked the address guess what? that truck was sitting out in plan view in the driveway, i was told there getting charged with attempted gran larceny, becuase the bike has over 1000$ worth. don't know if theyll get jail time but they should for what they did. now my neighbor only has it out during daylight and puts it in the garage at night.:cool: