PDA

View Full Version : OMG - This person ended this auction early :(

Dirtcrasher
11-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I had in a HUGE bid for this stuff, I was locked and loaded.

Person must have needed money - what a shame, I really wanted a chance at the stuff......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140281310285&viewitem

Blown 331
11-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Damn, thats still a lot of money!

vintagemotorsports
11-17-2008, 07:07 PM
$900 is a gift for all that stuff if he sold it for that , I have seen rear fenders bring over 2K , black flap over 300 front fende $ 3-6 hundred, grab bar $150 , headlight $300 new seat although an 85 i have never seen one come up would bring big $$$ nos wheels $$$ man that could be a $4000 stash sitting there , its a buyers market big time

Itrike
11-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I was prepared to spend big $$$$ on this as well. I couldn't beleive it when I saw he ended it. But who knows he probly got more that what it looks like. Some folks like to go outside ebay , no one I know of course, LOL

edog
11-17-2008, 07:26 PM
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

ATC-Eric
11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

You wish :lol:

Orangecnty250r
11-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Even in a buyers market it was his mistake for listing it all together. If he needed the money I feel bad for him...he could have had alot more. My stuff started selling again...people hit the BIN on 4 NOS items on ebay today for good cash

Dirtcrasher
11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Even in a buyers market it was his mistake for listing it all together. If he needed the money I feel bad for him...he could have had alot more. My stuff started selling again...people hit the BIN on 4 NOS items on ebay today for good cash

Thats why I was so disappointed.... He was selling EVERYTHING and 75$ to ship :crazy:

Would have been a great score, if I won that was....

I think he could have doubled that money listing them seperately.

Wonder who got em?? :naughty:

Vealmonkey
11-17-2008, 08:27 PM
It kind of sucks that sellers can pull the plug on an auction with bids on it. It has caused hard feelings in the past. It sucks just as bad for sellers when bidders don't follow through on the auctions or try to back out of deals. Some buyers will spend large amounts of money for a part that they really want and I don't blame them one bit as I've done it myself. These are the kind of issues that ebay really needs to address instead of some kind of crappy new look for the pages or higher fees. Issues like this have driven both buyers and sellers of item off of ebay. A few deadbeat bidders or sellers can really ruin a great idea, along with the greed of ebay too. I'd like to see everyone follow through on their deals no matter which side they are on, buyer and seller alike. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone on here, but just saying follow through on things in general. To anyone new on ebay, it can be a very painful and exasperating and expensive lesson and I hate to see the really serious buyers and sellers getting burned. I've had it happen to me. Good luck in finding what you want to get your trikes looking the way you want them to.

chris200x
11-17-2008, 08:31 PM
It kind of sucks that sellers can pull the plug on an auction with bids on it. It has caused hard feelings in the past. It sucks just as bad for sellers when bidders don't follow through on the auctions or try to back out of deals. Some buyers will spend large amounts of money for a part that they really want and I don't blame them one bit as I've done it myself. These are the kind of issues that ebay really needs to address instead of some kind of crappy new look for the pages or higher fees. Issues like this have driven both buyers and sellers of item off of ebay. A few deadbeat bidders or sellers can really ruin a great idea, along with the greed of ebay too. I'd like to see everyone follow through on their deals no matter which side they are on, buyer and seller alike. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone on here, but just saying follow through on things in general. To anyone new on ebay, it can be a very painful and exasperating and expensive lesson and I hate to see the really serious buyers and sellers getting burned. I've had it happen to me. Good luck in finding what you want to get your trikes looking the way you want them to.

I couldn't have said it any better vealmonkey. Although I had no intrest in that auction it can be very frustrating. I've learned to just keep my big trap shut anymore.. cause complaining gets you nowhere.

So how much did you offer them doggy? :rolleyes:

edog
11-17-2008, 08:46 PM
I couldn't have said it any better vealmonkey. Although I had no intrest in that auction it can be very frustrating. I've learned to just keep my big trap shut anymore.. cause complaining gets you nowhere.

So how much did you offer them doggy? :rolleyes:

$1,200:D ...........

Orangecnty250r
11-17-2008, 08:58 PM
The other side is it may not have sold for that....he could have received a much bigger offer and that's how he chose to pull the plug (a little protection for him) He could have sold those parts separately in the bum market for 2500-3000 easy separated and as Mike said 4000- up when everyone was using theire credits cards and lines of credit to purchase 350x stuff. I have an NOS smothered 350x and I dont plan on it but could get more for it in pieces.

edog
11-17-2008, 10:01 PM
The other side is it may not have sold for that....he could have received a much bigger offer and that's how he chose to pull the plug (a little protection for him) He could have sold those parts separately in the bum market for 2500-3000 easy separated and as Mike said 4000- up when everyone was using theire credits cards and lines of credit to purchase 350x stuff. I have an NOS smothered 350x and I dont plan on it but could get more for it in pieces.

Times are tuff....the Dolor menu items just went up....Time to part her out.shens

Dirtcrasher
11-17-2008, 10:34 PM
I emailed him immediately when it ended.

Dear dirtcrasher,

never new about the bid nip thing, i done some trading with the winner,to come out better than what the bid shows,i have seen the fenders go for 900 but not 1500, i prob. should have let the auction finish but we worked out a good deal for both of us,i turned down a 1000.00 offer, even had a guy said he was willing to go 3500.00 but he would only throw out an offer of 1500.00 and was from canada,

- 250350rx