PDA

View Full Version : back from st. anthony

kfx400
06-28-2003, 03:35 PM
we just got back today after a all night drive home, 20+ hours. the dunes where alot of fun, huge and traveling along way without seeing the same one twice is great. the 2,510 miles round trip is alittle steap. the kfx 400 is not set up for dunes that big i can tell u that. you better have some sever low end and something that will turn some rpm's in order to get your wheel speed up there. we had a fun and long trip to the duns that are behing the red hill that they mine. u can see it from the sand hills resort just behing the red hill. went to the top of those (after we finally get there) and took some great pictures. has anyone else made it over there?

kfx400
07-01-2003, 10:50 PM
oh and i must say this. shirley is a b.i.t.c.h. in the most defined definition of the word. sorry if i irritate anyone, but we were threatened to be thrown out of camp BEFORE we even unhooked the trailer. we had no problems with gene and as i see it, he is the victum of being a nice easy going fellow that has a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro for a wife. unbelievable, we were as corroportive as we could be, we did everything but hug this woman, i am sorry but she is out of control and a anal person. :shock:

Bill X_R
07-02-2003, 12:01 AM
Glad it was a good trip, better have been ....2500 miles is a pretty good comitment! Wow were did you drive from? (ad where is pismo?

Who did you meet up and who is Shirley?

kfx400
07-02-2003, 08:14 PM
shirley is the owner of sand hills resort, don't get me wrong they have a very nice place but i was warned before we got there that it would be like walking on egg shells. we drove from northeast kansas.

kfx400
07-02-2003, 08:16 PM
we lost a pinion bearing in my truck about 300 miles into the trip, it cost me $450.00 plus 8 hours. sh-t happens then u go on..... :)