PDA

View Full Version : WR450 Trike Rebuild, detailing

crazyflights
11-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Well its been quite awhile since Ive been on this site, just wanted to give you all an update, about my trike/bike conversion, it has been alot of fun but was always really in mock up stages, never gone thru for little details, well its back under the knife here is list of plans, and will get pics to go along with it soon
Started as 2003 Yamaha WR 450
Converted with custom tripple clamps with alot of excess material,
Custom Built swingarm and I'm not the best welder I will admit,
Custom Built subframe,

here are the plans, complete teardown, rebuild motor little low on compression, may put big bore kit?, tripple clamps are going to get excess material cut out, and then polished, gonna get front brakes put on that I never did get around to. New redesigned subframe, using more bolt on compenents instead of zip ties, and new swingarm, which is actually my houser from my YFZ450, just going to shave some of each side on front and then space sprocekt over on rear, also with using that swingarm going to use my Elka rear shock and linkage, speaking of shocks rebuilding front forks with new seals and oil. Gonna widen*lengthen* the stock foot pegs. Add turn signals and brake lights so I can quit using hand signals, redo some wiring issues, and also get frame, subframe, swingarm powdercoated.

Louis Mielke
11-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it done!

crazyflights
12-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Well so far i have modifified my houser yfz swingarm and mounted it and my rear elka shock, just doing some test fitting. looks very good underneath, just curious whats wheel base axle to axle on 250R? and tri-z, also Jason's aluminum 450R? if your reading this. Allso ground clearance on under engine on those bikes, mine with 18in rear tires is 10inches, little bit low, but was worse with other swingarm, new thoughts are also when rebuild the motor to do a big bore or a stroker?