PDA

View Full Version : 200x engine mods??

dirtbasher
11-01-2002, 05:08 AM
first off do they make a bigbore kit for an 86 200x??
second what engine modifications can be done to get alot of climbing power and hp increases.
third i have a coffmen exuast system on my 200x i was wondering if there is a better exaust system for performance/ also would i be able to run strigh exhaust on not???
thanx to all who reply

MR ATC
11-01-2002, 09:40 AM
yes there are severall big bore kits for the 86/87 200X.
as for engine modifications there are severall ways to go (cam,carb,porting) but with the 200X it becomes very unreliable with a lot of modifications. another thing to consider when modifying a motor is your budget. a typical proper built 4 stroke motor is gonna be around 1000.00. and that is providing your crank is in good condition. if you put a lot of money into your top end and your lower end is worn all you'll have is a time bomb waiting to explode. considering your 200X is 17yrs old i would not recomend building a modified motor without rebuilding the crank. one thing you can do to get more climbing power without sacrificing reliability is drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket. as far as coffman exahaust they were one of the best you won't get much better of a pipe then that. finally running a straight exhaust is not a good idea for your motors sake or for low end hillclimbing power.

11-01-2002, 06:41 PM
who makes the big bore kits for the 86-87 200x's mr. atc?

Jackyl
11-01-2002, 08:42 PM
I've seen some big bore kits for the 200X from Powroll.
www.powroll.com

11-06-2002, 02:19 AM
poweroll only makes big bore kits for the 83-85's.

dirtbasher
11-14-2002, 02:09 AM
does anybody know who makes them for an 86 or if any of the other parts on that web link will fit. like the cam and valve springs ect.....

Wickedfinger
11-14-2002, 01:40 PM
... I'm with Mr.ATC on this one ..... drop a tooth on the C/S sprocket for more low-end - but - it really will but a damper on top speed though. If thats not enough, try dropping a tooth and switching to a smaller sized tire - either 20" or even 18" - but then again you'll end up dropping your top end down so low (from 55+ mph down to about 30mph w/18" tires & 11 tooth sprocket) you'll probably be miserable. As far as the big bore kit goes ....... do yourself a favor, fix the little broken and missing things on that X, clean it up really nice, use a whole can of WD-40 on everything to make it shiny and nice, sell it for a decent price, then take the money for the trike, as well as the $1000+ it would take for the B-bore kit, and buy yourself the nicest 350X or 250R you can find and spend anything left over on a good pipe, reeds, filter ... etc ....... get my point.