PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... what is this thing?

Dammit!
11-22-2008, 11:23 PM
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/930038390.html

200x crossed with something. Kinda cool though.

:wondering

thefox
11-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Looks like a 200x front end, rear shock and tank, and a 185s frame with aftermarket rear swingarm kit and 185s rear end. Or at least something along those lines.

mymint87
11-23-2008, 04:58 PM
:postwhore swinger has Nicholson written all over it.:postwhore ...prolly the whole frame is a nick fab job, wish the rear plastics were off for a better view:welcome:

dirtface
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Maybe it's just me, does the front of the gas tank look modified or something ? Maybe it's dented?

Nick_R_23
11-24-2008, 12:02 AM
I would almost say its a 200x with an 81 250r rear end on it. Its got drum brakes, rear mounted shock, 4 bolt sprocket, and from the top right pic it looks like it has 3 stud rims and hubs.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Bigbore
11-24-2008, 08:43 AM
It's not a Nicholson. The foot pegs are wrong. The Nicholson fab'd the pegs and they were welded on the frame, the cross bar between the pegs would be 1" round. That is using the stock 185 peg assembly. Could be a Hi-Performance made frame. The swinger on one of their frames is almost the same as a Nicholson.

It's not a 250r rear end either. The drum is on the wrong side. If it were an R rear end the cables for the brake would be backwards. It's a 185 rear. The rear suspension isn't an aftermarket weld-on job either, the rear seat support is made differently on a stock frame. Someone should get him to take a better photo with the seat off. If it has 2 tubes down the backbone I'll know for sure what it is.

Blown 331
11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
What ever it is, I like it.

Vealmonkey
11-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I believe that trike has been listed on ebay with pretty much the same pictures and color scheme. I've been curious to see the frame with rear fenders off my self, but when I emailed him, he never responded with any other pictures. There were lots of aftermarket frame kits and rear suspension kits for the 185s and it's pretty hard to put some of the kits to particular maker. Many places used kits from other makers. It's a shame that the trike doesn't have an aftermarket front end on it though. The front ends help alot to identify the maker too. At one time, these kits were the hot ticket. The only thing more trick would be to have had a frame that took some of the current for the day dirtbike engines or street bike engines. Alot of the kits that just converted streetbikes were heavy and slow. The specialty frames and suspensions are what really made all the difference. It would be a pretty trick trike to have even though most people are only interested in the popular production trikes. Someone could pick up a really nice and unique trike for very little scratch.

mymint87
11-26-2008, 12:46 AM
It's not a Nicholson. The foot pegs are wrong. The Nicholson fab'd the pegs and they were welded on the frame, the cross bar between the pegs would be 1" round. That is using the stock 185 peg assembly.

:postwhore :crazy:serveral things...............

the pegs you discribe are on the 500 frame........... he made 90's and 185 frames too:postwhore

EDIT:

you can't ID his frames ONLY by the pegs........you need more than that

Someone should get him to take a better photo with the seat off.

Thanks for resetting my take on this subject....:rolleyes: do you have some kind of constipation in simply agreeing with me?

sum it up Bigbore, It could be a 185 Nicholson....just like I said

you got a problem with that....Thats your burden, not mine:welcome: