PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys! Back For a Visit! Long Time, No Chat!

fyi
11-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi'ya folks, long time-no chat!! :beer

Wow, it's been over 1 1/2 years since I was over here, so I thought I'd stop by to say hello. Those guys' that know me from back in the day might remember that transmission-eating, 1986 ATC 250R/Sabertooth 500R I had for a while, the 1985 350x I had where we shot it with nitrous on the chassis dyno and the other dyno run junk I submitted back then. :)

A lot has changed w/ me over the years, that's for sure. I sold all of my 350x 3-wheeler stuff (except for a number of 350x engine parts, heads, blocks, cylinders, engine's) etc. and sold all of my 250R/500R stuff as well. I would have kept all of that junk and kept on riding my 3-wheelers, (I like them best) but at 37 years old- and getting older, my body just wouldn't take the beatings much longer... :cry:

I bought a new 2007 Honda Rincon 680cc 4x4 and rode the heck outa' that thing for nearly 2 years, until I took a nasty roll down a huge hill in my local riding area (that I'd been up/down a million times before) that nearly broke both my arms and neck when I finally came to rest after going head-first into a car-hood sized boulder... The machine faired through it better than I did and it got fixed easily; but as you can imagine, I hurt for weeks thereafter, so chose to take it a little easier in life by selling the repaired machine before I killed myself... :rolleyes:

My wife and I had our first baby girl 5 months ago and she's the real joy of our lives right now! She's the biggest reason I chose to make myself ATV-less, because I just didn't want to hurt myself on accident where I couldn't be there for my wife and new little girl. Priorities changed in my life I guess... ;)

What's the "big" rage in the 3-wheeler World these days? :wondering
Is Billy still the Master of The Universe around here? :lol:

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to catch up with a bunch of you guys' I met here online a few years ago to just say "Hi" if anything. :beer

Take care! :)

john

ATC-Eric
11-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Where are you at John?

fyi
11-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Wooster, OH.

Tri-Z 250
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Mosh got Sprock to start making Big Bore Tri-Zs, a lot of parts have spun off the original idea. The new big 3ww conversion is the 450f's with lots of custom work. Plus it seems lately ATC 70's are still strong winter projects...I believe the basement race at last years Trike Fest had something to do with it. I believe a few 70's will make TF09' for the frist time next year. Welcome back

Billy Golightly
11-26-2008, 02:46 PM
hey fyi...long time no see man. I am still running things around here, or trying to anyways :lol:

Sorry to hear that you sold the sabretooth. Did you ever really get it figured out or just unloaded it as it was? Did it go to anyone from here or a trike enthusiast?

Blown 331
11-26-2008, 04:05 PM
hey fyi...long time no see man. I am still running things around here, or trying to anyways :lol:

Sorry to hear that you sold the sabretooth. Did you ever really get it figured out or just unloaded it as it was? Did it go to anyone from here or a trike enthusiast?

Speaking of old times, did you used to go by a different name on here?

Billy Golightly
11-26-2008, 04:12 PM
HondaATC ?

fyi
11-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Mosh got Sprock to start making Big Bore Tri-Zs, a lot of parts have spun off the original idea. The new big 3ww conversion is the 450f's with lots of custom work. Plus it seems lately ATC 70's are still strong winter projects...I believe the basement race at last years Trike Fest had something to do with it. I believe a few 70's will make TF09' for the frist time next year. Welcome back
Wow! That's pretty cool that you guys' have started an aftermarket parts segment for those engines and I'll bet they fly!! :w00t:

fyi
11-28-2008, 10:51 PM

Hey Billy, good to hear from you again too and sorry about the recent shafting you just got from trying to start your own track... I read the thread and I must say, that was surely unfair- but you're a better man for it now I'm sure, since you upheld your personal ethics through it all. That's important...

Keep plugging away at it buddy, as even Donald Trump cracked a few eggs before he got himself dialed in to where he is now. ;)

I did fix the transmission to make the bike whole and running again, but did sell all that ATC 250r/500r stuff in one big lot to a guy I rode with from Northern Kentucky. I don't know if he's on here or not. I just gave up on it and kind of lost interest due to other things in life taking priority. You know how that goes... :rolleyes: