PDA

View Full Version : New proposed gas tax?!?!?!!!!

300rman
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
heard on the news that Obama is talking about an additional $1.00 tax PER GALLON of gas. Dont remember what it was for, but WHAT THE HELL?!
Prices just start to get bearable again, and even very good in some places. 1.55 down the street from my house. and he is talkin about *#^$ it all up.
ill bet if the clown woulda mentioned THAT dumb crap in his campaign he woulda lost by a MILE.

ATC-Eric
11-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Not gonna happen.

Gas is $1.38 near me.

Its all propaganda.

These prices WILL not last long.

Prepare yourself for $4-5 a gallon within the next year.

gravelyman
11-25-2008, 12:41 AM
If you have the money buy oil futures now while the price of crude is cheap wait about 6 months and bingo jackpot.

threewheelin-feelin
11-25-2008, 04:23 AM
Not gonna happen.

Gas is $1.38 near me.

Its all propaganda.

These prices WILL not last long.

Prepare yourself for $4-5 a gallon within the next year.

haha probly more then that...they are just taking a breather they will have us all bent over a barrel again before long just having there way with us...everyone better buy a huge tank and fill it lol

Macs
11-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Oil is just on a low cycle. It will start going up closer to Christmas which i hate to say, I am ready for it. Because of the low gas prices we have already had 60% of our projects cancled with the potential of putting tens of thousands out of work just in my area. I really dont mind paying the high gas prices if it keeps me a job. A dollar a gallon does not help if there isnt any work.

Tri-Z 250
11-25-2008, 03:03 PM
E85 = $ x 3 to produce a gallon as straight crude + you'll need to retune your old fuel injection system to spit 20% more volume to run as strong as it does on common fuel. 3.00 per gal is the projected price...not to mention every farmer and their mother's land will grow fuel corn. So expect South America to burn more rain forest to create vegie farms. The cost of food will increase the chemicals will no longer be controlled by EPA or American standards to produce crops, such as prevent weed solutions, fertlizers. He did mention the gas hike....WEREN"T YOU LISTENING? He LOVES E85.....IL grows tons of corn go figure!

300rman
11-25-2008, 11:34 PM
well because of the gas prices, the domestic car manufacturers are hurting.

not to mention, people cannot afford 4 dollar a gallon gas. credit card companies were eating much of the cost up front. hence the new "pay more when you pay with credit" scheme.

i dont expect it to last long, but if there is ANY hope of this country recovering, the prices HAVE to stay at or below $2.00 a gallon.