PDA

View Full Version : Metric O ring assortment??

Dirtcrasher
11-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I can't find a metric o ring assortment anywhere......

Honda has some F'd up sizes like 8.8 x 1.7 mm :rolleyes:

I TRY to have the right stuff, but sometimes I find myself jamming a standard o ring in place of an OEM one and they are too far off in some cases. I'm sure that a kit filled with metric o rings would help get me by from time to time.

Anyone ever seen them??

No McMaster or MSC, they don't have em.

THX for any help :beer:

Billy Golightly
11-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I can normally get away with using standard sizes...but in the event that I can't, I have a nice little kit made by LOCTITE that is a universal o-ring kit. What you get is a roll of misc. o-ring diameters, you cut to your appropriate length and then use the provided special glue to attach the ends. It works great, its just a REALLY expensive way to do it.

The Goat
11-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I saw a kit....Sears I think it was.

hrc200x
11-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Got a local CAT heavy equipment dealer? Just a thought and maybe worth checking into, will probably charge you $10 for a single o ring.

Dirtcrasher
11-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I am about 2 minutes from the door. I will get that kit I pasted up and if you don't want I can always use it.

john

Hey John,

Thanks! I've never seen that kit at HF before. I guess they have it..... I'm gonna see if the store near DEEPA has them, otherwise I'll gladly take those off your hands.

Thanks again,
Steve

firehart
11-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I have a couple of those o-ring kits that my son brought home after they got returned for some reason.

honda250sx
11-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Steve, we get alot of our METRIC goodies from Maryland Metrics. Check em out!

Dirtcrasher
11-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Steve, we get alot of our METRIC goodies from Maryland Metrics. Check em out!

Well, I'll tell ya - Harbor freight has some decent stuff that works in a pinch. I have a few sets of there standard o-rings that I've been jamming in my metric Honda and my pressure washer etc etc :lol: But where there ring is formed, you can see a line between the mold halves, wich could present a problem in some places.

Of course I would never use anything but OEM in critical applications, but things like the dipstick, carb drain bowl or timing cover o-rings - I just can't see paying 2$ for one single oring for some stuff. In that application, I think HF would be just fine :D

Maryland Metrics?? I'll google em up, thanks Jeffmeister!! :beer

I gotta go play with the 200X, got some race gas today :naughty: Although it was another ripoff, about 14$ a gallon for 104 octane :crazy: I swear I rarely buy anything from my local dealer, they are crooks and I hope they go belly up :TrikesOwn

hublake
11-28-2008, 04:49 PM
John,

I will take that if not one else wants it. If you have a taker for that one get me one if you don't mind and I will gladlly remburse you cost plus shipping. My closest HF is in Saginaw.

Lloyd

firehart
11-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Harbor Freight also has a site on the web. harborfreight.com My son is a manager for Harbor Freight.

firehart
11-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I'll pass that compliment on to my son. He's hoping to get his own store in the future. I love the discount they give him.

hublake
11-28-2008, 06:56 PM
John,

I will pass. I just checked the website and it would cost $6.99 shipping to me. I will have my son pick me up a box in Flint and bring them up at Christmas time. Can't do anything yet with my arm in a sling.

Lloyd

Dirtcrasher
11-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Thats an awesome set!! Just what I was looking for. They never use to have that though?? Or maybe not in my area??

fabiodriven
11-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey Steve. If you ever go through Stoughton there's a place called Wholesale Tool on 138 near the Town Spa Pizza place. It's like a chinese tool store or something. I got an o-ring kit there, not sure if it's metric or standard but it looks just like the kit John got. The only difference I can see is my case is red instead of blue. I wasn't sure how good they'd be, but I put one on my Tecate 250's headpipe, and it's been fine for like 4 or 5 rides so far.

The tools there are obviously junk, but it's cool if you need some disposable tools.

sblt500r
11-29-2008, 09:26 PM
pretty sure the red box is standard sizes and blue stands for metric. but i could be wrong. i have a red set. plus a few sets of the smaller ones from harbor frieght.

wholesale tool, does have good tools. the good stuff is in the warehouse out back! if you want the good stuff ya gotta ask or pick it out of the cataloge. harbor frieght tools are all junk!! lol