PDA

View Full Version : Back on my Laeger R and feeling good

Billy Golightly
11-28-2008, 06:33 PM
I got to ride Wednesday for the first time in probably 6 months, since before I left home to go work that out of state job. I'm getting to feel really comfortable on it, more so then I ever have I think. I'm jumping some jumps on my track that I never did before, and I'm feeling really good doing it. I was beginning to think I wouldn't ever be able to get back to the level of rider I use to be when I rode every day...but theres a little glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, that maybe theres a chance I will be :cool:

Mosh
11-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I really need to spend more time on mine.

Since I got it, I have ridden maybe 10 hours on it.
The trikes set in the garage and probably make fun of it at nite......"Hey, look at the funky 4 wheeled thing"
Poor thing is out numbered by trikes in there.LOL

I am going to do the 04 - 450 R swinger on it this winter.Shorten it up to the 88-89 level.
I like the stock 86 arm,but it just wants to spin out too easy on the track.

Billy Golightly
11-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Even in the very sandy conditions we have here in FL, I'm amazed at the hook up on this thing. I can come out of a corner ripping in 3rd, and when I shift into 4th the inside front wheel comes up about 5 inches off the ground, it truly is arm ripping between the power it puts out and the hook up it has.

The only thing that sucks now is the freakin resivoir hose fitting has stripped on a front shock, and its stripped inside the shock body, I don't know how it happened cause I haven't touched the damn thing except one time to try and gently tighten it. A nice set of those fox float evols that Walsh carries sounds like an awfully nice Christmas and birthday combination present to myself... :lol:

SCEADU
11-28-2008, 11:53 PM
What throttle assembly do you guys use? The stock 88 has some messed up linkage in it.

SWIGIN
11-29-2008, 09:36 AM
you have IMO the all time best race quad set up ever made by man....im not saying it dont take skill but they almost go around a track its self....lol

SCEADU i will only run a lt 250 or 500 throttle (they are the same) on my bikes.

with no mods they will open HUGE carbs and i just like them from racing a lt250 for so long.

Derrick Adams
11-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I have to agree with SWIGIN. Those chassis are truely amazing. I konw 3legg is looking at picking one up with a YZ426 in it. I just dont know if you could get any better than that for a quad. Narrow frame, T pin front-end, and a modern 4 stroke. MAN!!

Oh yeah Billy, FOX Floats.... Theres a reason 8 out of 10 top pros run them, they are THE BEST.

I'm working on my new bike right now. We are using a Cannondale chassis with a Yamaha power plant. Also adding some retro 250R plastics.

Billy Golightly
11-29-2008, 11:16 AM
They've definitely impressed me. I've seen Jeremy Lawson, Cody Gibson, Tommy Tantillo all run here at my track with floats at one time or another and the stuff they soak up is just plain crazy. What also really amazes me about the floats though, is how soft they are at the low speed dampening, like for soaking up little bumps and dips and stuff. If you put your front on the bumper and push it down, it feels like an XC setup, you can put it through more then 3/4 of the travel. But once it starts go down quick, you can feel it tighten up.

The $1500 price tag is discouraging though :(

Derrick Adams
11-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah, and on top of that, theres no real way to buy used ones. They have to be your exact needed length to work correctly.

Billy Golightly
11-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey Derrick, those 250R palstics on the C-dale frame, are you guys using an old Walsh kit or making your own setup? They actually made a kit (complete with an aluminum tank) for those back in the day to run all the 250R plastics and seat.

Derrick Adams
11-30-2008, 06:43 PM
We wont be running the Walsh kit. It was built for the Dale intake and engine combo and just doesnt look good in my opinion. We're building a new aluminum tank and subframe to mount the plastics like the Honda.

Notice how high the nose is on the Walsh kit compared to the factory Honda? Ours will be mounted correctly. Not saying Walsh did it wrong, just that they had to make it work around the Dale and we do not.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/Derrick_Adams/250rdale.jpg

Billy Golightly
12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
:lol: I just cased the backside of a double this afternoon and destroyed the rear bearings in my carrier. Axles got like a 1/2 inch of play in it now :lol::lol: Oh well it could been a lot worse.

Jason Hall
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Man I hate when that happens. We were up north riding when I noticed brandons trx axle was loose. I made him park It, and sure am glad I did. It had already tore up the seal surface on the axle. The bearings can trash the carrier as they pop out. You can buy aftermarket carriers pretty cheap, but I still don't like just destroying parts LOL