PDA

View Full Version : Walmart employee dies on black friday

ATC-Eric
11-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Trampled to death by the bargain hunters...............

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html?p age=0

scooterroo
11-29-2008, 10:55 AM
totally stupid. christmas has become so commercial its sad to see it come to this. someone gets killed doing their job just so someone else can get a good deal on some "hot christmas item of the year!"

firehart
11-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I see someone got shot at Toys-R-Us. Probably over some stupid toy their kid will only play with for 5 minutes. Its going to be a slim Christmas for us and the kids. I really don't care if I get anything. My wife asked me last night what I wanted and I told her more riding time.

edog
11-29-2008, 11:49 AM
I got a new camera and LCD tv yesterday at Walmart. It wasn't anything like that.:rolleyes:

I brought my 44 Special just in case.:naughty:

wheelie king
11-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Greed.

GREED GREED GREED GREED. Makes me friggin sick.

That is why I went fishing yesterday (black friday). Gotta Love the FL weather, 75 degrees and drinking a cold one on my boat.

They can have their black Friday, and I'll keep my sanity.

cybrman
11-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Where'd you go fishing and more importantly how'd you do?
Fishing Report!
Thats my kinda Black Friday....but I had to work.

I don't understand how someone can get trampled....but it is very sad to think that people can be so inconsiderate as to kill someone to be the first in line.

wheelie king
11-29-2008, 01:09 PM
cybr- PM sent.

Fish on, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gravelyman
11-29-2008, 01:44 PM
what did you expect from a bunch of......................................

NINJA
11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Wait till some sort of real crisis hits nationwide and watch how majority will act! Mob mentality has been the bane of humanity since the beginning. This is why I'm happy to live away from the city. It's a shame about that poor employee. I can't even imagine how angered and distraught his family must feel. I hope the people that stomped on him on their way into Walmart to buy their effin televisions have a very merry christmas.

The Goat
11-29-2008, 11:08 PM
I've also never understood the trampled to death thing...people don't weigh that much.

does anyoen remember the Wii races they had in walmart a few years ago...two people were running toward the back of the store, and one pushed the other into a pole. guy ended up in the hospital.

88 Turbo Coupe
11-30-2008, 08:28 AM
I bet 99.9% of those idiots don't even know why Christmas is celebrated. Do you?

The Goat
11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
to celebrate the winter solstice....

88 Turbo Coupe
11-30-2008, 12:44 PM
to celebrate the winter solstice....

Me too... I celebrate the solstice and equinox together to save money

cajun66
11-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Shots were fired at the nearest Wal Mart to me last Friday. I hate people.

fabiodriven
11-30-2008, 05:27 PM
what did you expect from a bunch of......................................

I hate to agree with ya, but it's another very obvious incident...

Yamahondaman
11-30-2008, 05:45 PM
I hate people.

EXCELLENT SAID !! :beer

gravelyman
11-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Did anyone here about the 2 guys at toys r us in cali shooting each other? I mean really who takes a gun to toys r us?

here was the headline from that story

Palm Desert, CA -- Two "migrants" here in the US illegally, had an argument in a Toys R Us store during which both men drew guns and shot each other to death.

Yamahondaman
11-30-2008, 05:51 PM
People Don't Fight No More ... Just Gun's
i woudn't want my UGLY Face Hurt By Fighting !!

ditchmud
11-30-2008, 10:10 PM
That story leaves me Speechless! God help us!

200xman
11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
That was close enough on the island to me to know what happened. A lot of the people here are very materialistic and only care about showing off. It's a lot better where I live but it is creeping out east. People are more concerned with what they have than what they are and it's pretty sad. My prayers go out to the family of the guy and I hope society in general can change but I doubt it.

Russell 350X
12-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I hate people.

Ditto. Thats just screwed up that people are in that much of a hurry to spend money, when they got a whole month before Xmas.

gravelyman
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Seems today the police are reviewing the security tapes of this tragic incident.
maybe the family can get some justice

ZQ8Dude
12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I bet 99.9% of those idiots don't even know why Christmas is celebrated. Do you?

well these days that'd depend on the view point.

Anyhow, pretty awful story. however, it says he died of a heart attack. So he wasnt really trampled to death. He just did recieve medical assistance after being trampled.

brapp
12-01-2008, 06:55 PM
people ar ejust retarded anymore

Lomax
12-02-2008, 01:27 AM
I love a great deal (as does everyone here im sure) and I might even drive a little fast or get a high steppin walk to get to one but I cant imagine being that way. My sister-in-law to be is bargin shopper person. They were up at like before the rooster crows in the morning to get to wal-mart for the deals. Hell, someone camped out in a tent in front of Target!
It's all so comerciallized now, gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!! I need the coolest new whatever the **** is cool right now thing. Although by January It will be old news because everyone else will have it and now i need something better, I dont care if you spent 400 bucks on it, its just money anyway...... Thats how it is now, hope for it to get better?, sure why not HOPE, fact is, give it 10 more years and see how bad it gets by then. Im gonna stock up and take a month off around christmas just to avoid getting stabbed to death because i needed some advil and someone thought i was trying to beat them to the deal on TV's and toaster ovens.
-Will

mapyang
12-02-2008, 01:38 AM
That Walmart is just 2 miles west of were I work. My prayers go out for him and his family:(
Drew

LonesomeTriZ
12-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Did anyone here about the 2 guys at toys r us in cali shooting each other? I mean really who takes a gun to toys r us?

here was the headline from that story

Palm Desert, CA -- Two "migrants" here in the US illegally, had an argument in a Toys R Us store during which both men drew guns and shot each other to death.

It looks as though that problem took care of itself. :w00t:

mapyang
12-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Well I spoke to a friend of mine at the Medical Examiners office the cause of death for this young man was (trampled to death)
The news paper got his height and wt. wrong He was 6 foot tall 480lbs.