PDA

View Full Version : anyone know anything about Seadoo?????? Need help!

cmracer15
06-30-2003, 10:35 AM
alright..this lady down the road saw me workin on my jetskis one day and came over..she has a 98 seadoo gsx and a 98 GTX. they both didnt run..but igot the gtx running by puttin a new battery,alternator,and fuel filter in it..its runs good. But i am having a problome with the gsx. it is like a little 2 seater sport model that is riddin hard like any smaller pwc that will move pretty quick..she was saying it ran when they put them up last..but when you started jumping waves and doin dougnuts it started missing out...first thing that poped in my head was it must be somthing to do with the fuel getting to the engine. but thats the least of my worries right now because i still have to get it out on the lake and see what she is talking about. the battery is trashed in it..so i put another battery in it..tried to start it and the starter try's but can turn it over..almost like there is too much compresion..with the water hose hooked up to it.i take off the spark plugs and see if it will turn over then..and all this brown sludgy crap came flying all over my face..lol (this crap was nasty).it was almost like there was water coming out.. i unhooked the hose thinking that was the prob..but it is still coming out..now as bad but its still comin. I out the plugs back in but still no turnin over...it cant be the starter..im almost positive its that crap in the cylender causing to much compression..What is it??? where did it come from?? i need all the help i can..she put a ben franklen in my face and said if u get em runing its yours..lol.and she willl buy the parts..but she needs them done by friday for the 4th. All the shops are closed today so i cant ask them..and they told her it would be 2 monthes trailprotrailpro they could look at them for her so im her last chance...Anyoone might know what the prob is??

Personaly i dont like Sead doo..never have..never will. They use extremely old technology on there engines..and there engines are the weakest out of all pwc manufacture's now. there only 2 cylinder,and alaways have problomes eventualy..but there not mine all i need to do is get them running..thanks

cmracer15
06-30-2003, 11:40 AM
ok..i solved the slughe crap and the not starting problome..it starts and runs fine now..now all i need to figure out is why is starts missing out when you jump it around ??

J.D.
06-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Maybe when it starts to jump, the fuel flow is interupted somehow? I dunno much about PWC, just an educated guess. Maybe try running it on A full tank of gas?

Andrew
06-30-2003, 11:57 AM
how did u solve the sludge and starting problem?,im very curious what it was

cmracer15
06-30-2003, 12:47 PM
goku- Yah that was what i was thinking..somehow when yur start bouncing it around the gas isnt getting to the crabs right..i dont know im going off of what the lady told me..but i will be taking them out on the lake here shortly..and see for myself.

Andrew- I left the plugs out and kept turning the engine over letting it shoot that crap out all over the place.. ( you otta see the engine compartment) and it eventualy got out..every 20 seconds or so i would spray some wd40 down in the cyln. to keep it lubed so it wouldnt seize..then i put a lil gas in the cyln. put the plug back in and turned it over until it started up..it burned the rest of that crap out. my best guess is to how it got there was first i was thiking water leak..but i talked to the lady and she said last time they couldnt back the trailer all the way doen in the water because there were getting stuck ( 2 wd truck)..so thay back it far enough so the wench strap could reach and that brought the nose of it pretty high in the air..maybe causing water to run fron the exaust pipe ( because water runs though it when its running) somehow through the exaust ports into the cylinders??? i dont know..thats just my guess..but all i know is its running now..lol :D .

ATC crazy
06-30-2003, 12:58 PM
maybe causing water to run fron the exaust pipe ( because water runs though it when its running) somehow through the exaust ports into the cylinders??? i dont know..thats just my guess..but all i know is its running now..lol :D .

Thats what I was going to guess. Rusting out the cylinder :?

cmracer15
06-30-2003, 01:17 PM
pics of them..i had to make them small but u can tell how sh!tty they are

cmracer15
06-30-2003, 01:18 PM
more

cmracer15
06-30-2003, 01:19 PM
my bad..there the same pics..my camera doubled them for some reason.

cmracer15
06-30-2003, 06:49 PM
I just got in from riding them...these things suck. the one that ran good already( the 3 seater) has realy bad impeller slipage..but who cares it goes..the other.. ( 2 seater) will not get above 4,000 rpm..and it goes about 13 mph...wtf??? if i let it idle for a minute or so..then floor it it will take right off for about 4 seconds then go right back to 4,000 rpm..so now im thinkin either the fuel filter is clogged..or the fuel pump aint workin right.