PDA

View Full Version : anyone ride the Brown Mtn trails in Pisgah Natl Forest in NC

JayP
06-30-2003, 10:08 PM
I am close to this ORV trail system and am going to try it out over the 4th holiday. I saw that they require a spark arrester. Do they really know the difference? I have a SuperTrapp and with all those plates on the end of it I am thinking it looks like it will arrest enough sparks.

anyone have antrouble with this issue before?

Jay

Bill X_R
07-01-2003, 05:21 AM
Hey JP,

I'm thinkin that they will know the difference. But I don't know if that end cap will fly or not? I had a 2=350 w/ a ST pipe and I seem to remenber something about it saying spar Arr. on trhe side?...I may havebeen dreaming though.

I just moved from NC about 6 months ago. I was in Lexington...Due south from WS on 52 for about 15 miles. I REALLY miss it. I don't know if you like to ride tracks or not....butifyou do there is areally cool one right in lexinton. cheap to ride @ too....it used to be just 5 bucks for the day...there hrs were 11 to 5....never got that busy either!

JayP
07-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Bill
you're the man, I looked closely at the ST and sure enough it says that when equipped with a cap it is an approved spark arrestor... and I have the cap on! I never thought to even check to see if it was one. I was sure it wasn't. My full header and pipe for the other X is a DG and just shoots straight out the back open, how can I ride with this one? Is there an arrestor to slip in or add on or do you just have to switch out the muffler?

I just got back into riding again and have never heard of the Lex track. What do you mean by track? a flat race track or more of a course or what?

JP

VABCH350X
08-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Good looking X man! I'm in South Eastern VA and I'm looking for good places to ride in the VA/NC area. Le tme know if you find anything decent.