PDA

View Full Version : 200x mod oil to head

leevarnado
12-10-2008, 10:36 PM
does anyone have pics or mod specs of the modication where you un a tube to the head to oil the cam

Ed200x
01-29-2009, 12:11 AM
does anyone have pics or mod specs of the modication where you un a tube to the head to oil the cam
Why would you want too?? The stock system is fine for the valve train. Not kiddin' ya.

freaksfix
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
I was coinsidering this myself. I have an oil cooler on my 200x and was wondering if I could have the return line just dump in the rocker box instead of runing back into the original oil passage.

But would this put too much oil in the rocker box and not beable to drain down fast enough..

And would the pump beable to push in the original path + pump up to the oil cooler.

When the cooler is installed you put a bolt to block off the passage so it goes up to the cooler than back threw the original passage..

Now i havent looked at the path of the stock passage, but if all it does is run up to the topend (rocker box) than this wouldnt be a problem. All you would be doing is cooling the oil befor hitting the rocker box and eliminating the stock passage. And dumping the oil on top instead of pushing it up to hit the cam. But does the stock passage deliver oil to somewheres other that the rocker box in its route to the topend? If it dosent than you could still use the block off bolt and just put the return line right above the cam with a fitting on the rocker box..

I have got to pull my 200x motor apart this week. I am going to look into this and I report back..