PDA

View Full Version : Wtf is the world coming to...

Dammit!
12-11-2008, 06:42 PM
My girlfriend's dog got loose about a week ago. We've got signs posted, ads on craigslist, the local paper, you name it. She even spent a good amount of money on some dog finding service. We keep getting calls from kids sending me on wild goose chases and telling us the dog is dead. Just now some girl called crying that her and her mom hit a dog that matches the description. Told me where it was so I run over there. Nobody there but some 12-13 year old kids in the park watching me drive around. Some idiot even left a voicemail that he shot the dog. Seriously, wtf is wrong with people? These kids should have been used for stem cell research if you ask me.

DeePa
12-11-2008, 06:58 PM
or they should have been swallowed...

people suck. plain and simple.

hadar
12-11-2008, 07:17 PM
You would think people would have better things to do. Bunch of Asshats.

ATC-Eric
12-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Doug, that is straight freakin rotten!

EDIT!

good luck finding her dog mang.

mad
12-11-2008, 07:57 PM
good luck on finding the dog,but you almost have to take every call seriously to find the dog i know i've been there.

brapp
12-11-2008, 08:24 PM
usualy when the dogs run off they come back for dinner time they woudl ahve to go a few miles to get to anyone elses house much less soemoen who would take them in

ProCarbine2k1
12-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear that... You can borrow my paintball gun for the next prank call. When you see a pack of teens laughing over the ordeal, just squeeze the trigger. As 25 balls per second come out of the barrel, I bet they will have an immediate ability to reason and understand what youre going through.

The Goat
12-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Ewww for the cheater board...

The sport went downhill the second they allowed that and capped bps at 12.

Sorry to hear about the dog dammit.

250RNUT
12-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Note to self, Dont move to Pheonix

Dammit!
12-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Update: found the dog!

He was gone for exactly 7 days. Someone called (an adult this time!) and said she spotted him about three miles from here. I ran over there expecting another wild goose chase but I spotted him hiding in some bushes from across a football field. Poor guy was in rough shape. Looks like he got in a fight (and most likely lost). He's on his way to the vet with my gf right now. He should be fine though.

I hope he enjoyed his week of fun because he's got an appointment with the neuter clinic now.

ditchmud
12-12-2008, 08:08 PM
wow what an ordeal to have to go through. People are heartless sometimes finding joy in someones torment. Really happy to hear that you found your dog.

Dirtcrasher
12-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Thats AWESOME news bud!!!!

I'd give anything to get one of my animals back.....

It's great that an honest and intelligent person finally contacted you guys.

Hope lil doggy is good to go :beer:

Twilight
12-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Feel your pain, My cat was only gone 3 days, but every call i got was a prank or wild chase. One kid was like "I saw your cat and umm i hit it with a stick and it died", well i got his number, put it in google and got to have a fun face to face talk with his dad and mom.

Found him yesterday, both hind legs are broken and he has severe swelling.. 2 operations tomorrow and then probably a week at the vet =\

A man did call me and say his dog attacked him and will pay most of the vet bills, and he did today.. 600.00, he didnt even bat an eye, gave the vet cash, shook my hand and said he was sorry.

Dammit!
12-12-2008, 09:01 PM
A man did call me and say his dog attacked him and will pay most of the vet bills, and he did today.. 600.00, he didnt even bat an eye, gave the vet cash, shook my hand and said he was sorry.

Wow. That's a rare human being, sadly.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Glad to hear you found it! My dog is my baby, I dont know what I would do if I lost her. I get choked up sometimes just thinkin about that she is going to die someday. I dont see myself ever getting another dog ever. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Sit back, relax, and have a cold one on me:beer