PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of 3 wheelers

johnny's X
12-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Well I am done buying and fixing 3 wheelers. I have given this alot of thought and decided I will push my trikes in the shed and forget about them. I am in the starting stages of building a 29 ford truck. This build will take alot of time and money. The truck will be stretched to a 4 door and the cab will remain un chopped. The truck ride height will be very low. It should be a cool looking truck when done. Keep on triken everyone!

Tri-Z 250
12-12-2008, 01:15 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: Later dude!:cry: :cry: :cry:

cr480r
12-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Remember this old saying??? You didnt quit riding because you got old... you got old because you quit riding... ;)

83ATC185S
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
why cant you ride a little and do that truck? I can see not doing any restores or dumping alot of money into them but dont just forget about them!

johnny's X
12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I wont forget about them. They run in my blood. Iam just taking a break until my truck is done. Might be a long break.

ATC-Eric
12-12-2008, 04:56 PM
See ya later dude.

rdlsz24
12-12-2008, 05:01 PM
So you're not really getting out of them. You will still have them.

Rob

brapp
12-12-2008, 07:05 PM
its alrigh man i got bikes if you need abreak with the family to come on down for a few days.

SYKO
12-12-2008, 07:19 PM
I wont forget about them. They run in my blood. Iam just taking a break until my truck is done. Might be a long break.

I constantly work on custom car projects while working on trikes, I know the labor involved in a project such as yours, so I feel your pain.. then again, when I get pissed at the car im working on I can always work on a trike or go ride:beer

Daddio
12-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Well I am done buying and fixing 3 wheelers. I have given this alot of thought and decided I will push my trikes in the shed and forget about them. I am in the starting stages of building a 29 ford truck. This build will take alot of time and money. The truck will be stretched to a 4 door and the cab will remain un chopped. The truck ride height will be very low. It should be a cool looking truck when done. Keep on triken everyone!
Do you already have the truck you're going to use? Are you a bodyman or is this just a hobby? Those old trucks are small. Is you're plan to make a crew cab out of it? My dad has been building old cars and trucks for 59 years. He was born in 33'. He just recently finished this one and drove it to Phoenix to deliver it to the new owner in September. He is working on several other old Fords right now.
This one is a 35' Ford 1-ton on a 78' GMC 1-ton chassis with a 402ci big block. It has in dash air, power steering and brakes etc. In the first pic it is my dad in the middle 1upfront in the left of the pic and me in the right.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/lrdunlap/100_0574.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/lrdunlap/100_0569.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/lrdunlap/100_0570-1.jpg

Three generations of the Dunlap clan and three generations of bodymen.:beer

Russell 350X
12-12-2008, 11:52 PM
You gonna keep everthing for the 450 project?

Tri-Z Pilot
12-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah I got out of trikes for a while when I had my 347 stroker fox body stang. I blew the t-5 trans up (couldnt withstand 400 ponies). I was gonna re-do it, but traded it for an 85R instead. I did too many stupid things with it, I'm surprised I never killed myself or anyone on the road for that matter. I decided to stick strictly to dirt now so that I do not have the chance to hurt or kill anyone else but myself, I would never be able to live with myself. That may be the most wise thing I have ever done.

As long as you still have your trikes, you truely arent getting out of them, just takin a break. Good luck with your build, but just remember:TrikesOwn

johnny's X
12-16-2008, 12:45 PM
This will be a true crew cab truck. Using the truck doors in the front and sedan doors suicided on the rear. I will post up some pics of it. Buying the steel for the frame this week.

Russ: Yes all the parts are going to the shed for the 450 build. Never know it may get done in time to ride.

brapp
12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
the 450 build isnt allthat hard if usign the 350x chasis as a startign point. but its a personal oppinion from there on out if someoen has the proper cmachine work rather than the cobble job i had.