PDA

View Full Version : Buying @ TrikeFest???

torker
12-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I was wondering if it will be covinient for me to buy a bike when I get to TF 09?
For you that have been there, Are bikes available? If there are, What kind of trikes? Sport, utility...? I know 70's are in high demand. How are the prices?
Price is a factor too. I'm willing to drive about 300 or 400 miles to get a machine as I'm planning on landing in Cincinnatti on Monday so I can have up to 3 days to get a bike.

I'm just looking for a runner since it will be impossible for me (budgetwise) to ship any of my trikes to Indiana as I'm in the caribbean.

How strong, in terms of attendance, is TF 09 looking?
I know is still early, I'm just wondering.

If you have a trike for sale that you were looking to sell at TF 09 or are within 300 to 400 miles of Concinnatti, Oh, let me know what trike you have, the condition it's in, what does it need, and of course, the price. I have parts that I can take with me to me to maybe complete a bike. I also have parts that I can trade like 250R motors and the like.

What do you guys think?

Please, help.

TORKER.

Mrs.Mosh
12-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey Torker...
I have seen bikes for sale at TF, but I guess it depends on what you are looking for and how much. You may have better luck posting this in the classifieds..."Wanted for TF 09".

I will keep my eyes and ears open for you.
I think I know of a clean, strong running, BigBore Tri-Z for sale:(

torker
12-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi there Tammy: Thanks for the quick reply!!!
I'm just looking for something to ride.
250's are all great, even air cooled ones, and I have seen some 250's go for $300-$700 price range. If i can get one of those I'll be more than happy. A 70 will be great as well. I guess that after flying there I refuse not to ride something with you guys. A TRI-Z just sold for $300. If I can get something like that, I'll take it, even if it needs some parts. Just need to know what it needs and I'll bring it with me as I have some spares. If you hear of anything that might fit the bill, please, let me know. I'll try the classified as well. Thanks for your help, as usual, you're great.
Just out of curiosity, how much is that big-bore Z?

TORKER.

torker
12-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I was wondering if it will be covinient for me to buy a bike when I get to TF 09?
For you that have been there, Are bikes available? If there are, What kind of trikes? Sport, utility...? I know 70's are in high demand. How are the prices?
Price is a factor too. I'm willing to drive about 300 or 400 miles to get a machine as I'm planning on landing in Cincinnatti on Monday so I can have up to 3 days to get a bike.

I'm just looking for a runner since it will be impossible for me (budgetwise) to ship any of my trikes to Indiana as I'm in the caribbean.

How strong, in terms of attendance, is TF 09 looking?
I know is still early, I'm just wondering.

If you have a trike for sale that you were looking to sell at TF 09 or are within 300 to 400 miles of Concinnatti, Oh, let me know what trike you have, the condition it's in, what does it need, and of course, the price. I have parts that I can take with me to me to maybe complete a bike. I also have parts that I can trade like 250R motors and the like.

What do you guys think?

Please, help.

TORKER

rdlsz24
12-12-2008, 11:41 PM
You're from Puerto Rico?

Rob

ATC-Eric
12-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Hi there Tammy: Thanks for the quick reply!!!
I'm just looking for something to ride.
250's are all great, even air cooled ones, and I have seen some 250's go for $300-$700 price range. If i can get one of those I'll be more than happy. A 70 will be great as well. I guess that after flying there I refuse not to ride something with you guys. A TRI-Z just sold for $300. If I can get something like that, I'll take it, even if it needs some parts. Just need to know what it needs and I'll bring it with me as I have some spares. If you hear of anything that might fit the bill, please, let me know. I'll try the classified as well. Thanks for your help, as usual, you're great.
Just out of curiosity, how much is that big-bore Z?

TORKER.

Holy cow those sound like some good prices around you! Your in the Caribbean, I would think trikes would be harder to find, and in turn more expensive.

Anyways, if you look ahead of time, and get the word out theres not going to be a problem for you to get a bike there. Even if its delivered by someone else. Ill keep my eyes open, around the time if theres a deal you might like I post.

TAMMY!

what you talkin bout a bigbore Z for sale!?!!!????????

Whats goin on????????????

Eric250R
12-13-2008, 03:13 AM
If I still have my Tri-Z by then I'll sell it to you.

torker
12-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Yep, I'm in Puerto Rico. ATV prices here can be really good, but the $300 TRI-Z sold recently in these forums I think. 3 wheelers are very hard to find and most are junk from years of sitting.

Eric, can you PM me some info anf price on that Z?

Thanks to everyone, Let me know if you got anything.

Here are a few samples of the good deals that I'm talking about:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=90317

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=90922

The deals are out there, but I'm too far still. I'll need these when I get there :naughty:

Thanks guys.
TORKER.

SYKO
12-13-2008, 10:22 AM
torker I got a guy I know in miami Fla that can probably ship you a trike if I can get it to him or one is for sale in south fla, would shipping from miami be alot?

Yamahondaman
12-13-2008, 10:23 AM
if you can find a running TRI-Z in the states for 300 bucs .. go for it and good luck...
Hey Torker... i lived in P.R. back in 1966 for 3 month's.. wasn't too much to do there back in the Stone Age . :lol: .. GOOD LUCK Buddy !
Ronnie

torker
12-13-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm not looking to ship a bike from the states, I have more than my share in my garage. I just want something to buy and use at TF 09. Shipping will be around $700, just like a car. I rather use those to buy something.

if you can find a running TRI-Z in the states for 300 bucs .. go for it and good luck...
Hey Torker... i lived in P.R. back in 1966 for 3 month's.. wasn't too much to do there back in the Stone Age . :lol: .. GOOD LUCK Buddy !
Ronnie

You should come back for a week...I'll show you a few good places...That were not available in the stone age.

It's just still a small place.
TORKER.

ATC-Eric
12-13-2008, 11:36 PM
hey Torker,

what you gonna do with the trike after TF? Are you basically just lookin for a loaner?

torker
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Well Eric, a loner would be great!!! if I can find one. But, If I can find something that I need, to buy and use, @ TF 09, like an airfooler or TRI-Z, I'll dissasemble the thing and ship it. If not maybe I'll sell the thing right there.
I just need a rider. It's hard for me to fly all the from P.R. to TF 09, and not have anything to ride around and have fun with you guys. I'm sure you understand.

TORKER.

ATC-Eric
12-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah, completely understandable.

Gag_Halfront
12-23-2008, 02:27 PM
There will be some "friends ride free" bikes around at TF. I'm planning on bringing a bunch of bikes, and I've only got the one ass to sit on them with. As long as you pay for anything you break, you can probably ride one of mine. Granted it may be the battle trike or my shagged out T3, but still it's something to ride. Just don't sink somebody's loaner in the creek or try to climb the backbone. :D

MIK6
12-23-2008, 03:24 PM
I always have a few ATVs w/ me as well!! Hagen always has something to ride, he keeps coming back w/o a ride. And RAFFA always grabs my loaner 350X and does take it up the backbone!
Im sure you will have a atv when ever you need 1.

MIK6 / Mike

torker
12-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I'll take your word!!!! :Bounce
I don't brake stuff regularly. But it's fair. You brake it, you pay for it.
And no climbing the backbone, got it. :wondering :wondering :wondering
I'll still be looking to buy a cheap ride, if I can find it...
THANKS ALWAYS FOR YOUR HELP...Keep the info coming.
TORKER.

oscarmayer
01-24-2009, 10:29 PM
torker, why not offer to "rent someone's trike? lets say $150 for the weekend and you do your own maintenance (you pay for fuel, oil, and anything that breaks as long as it was not due to being a crappy bike to start with). I'm sure your more likley to get someone to do that, not to mention it would be cheaper for you.

heck if I go, i may be able to birng a trike to loan ya. I'm planning on bringing 2-3 trikes.

torker
01-25-2009, 12:14 AM
A loaner would be great, 2 years ago, the OTC guys offered a TRI-Z and a 250R for me to ride. I really apreciated that so much, there are no words.

Renting would be good, but if if I can find a TRI-Z, 83-84R Airfooler or ATC 70 (in that order) to buy and use, even better as I'm planning on bringing any of those back home. Even if I have to fix a few things. I'm willing to drive to get them also. Money IS tight so I'll be looking on a budget. I'll be getting there on tuesday, so it gives me a few days to find something. I'll explore any options that allows me to ride with you guys a TF 09, even if it's not racing. Trail riding would be great, OK, maybe a little racing. If I can't find anything, I'll be begging for a ride :Bounce .
Please, keep your eyes open for anything that might be available @ TF 90.
To buy, rent or loan
Thanks,
TORKER.

oscarmayer
01-25-2009, 01:23 PM
you got it man! maybe i'll find you a smoking putting burping 110 that needs a rebuild for cheap. hahahahaa i san see it now.

me: here ya go torker have fun"
torker" dude, she bangs! and i mean literally!"
me: ye ai know, but she runs... sorta? *grins*
torker: laughs yea right man, sure....
me: laughs

torker
01-26-2009, 10:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: A 110, can't remember the last time I rode one...and they were almost new. I rather get a 70. They're in high demand tho!!!
Could smaller tires be put on a 110? How will it look? I mean, I would ride anything...If she bangs!!!
TORKER.

you got it man! maybe i'll find you a smoking putting burping 110 that needs a rebuild for cheap. hahahahaa i san see it now.

me: here ya go torker have fun"
torker" dude, she bangs! and i mean literally!"
me: ye ai know, but she runs... sorta? *grins*
torker: laughs yea right man, sure....
me: laughs

350xeR
03-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I plan on attending TF09... im only a few hours away in the same state and never been but if i still have my 86 350X i would like to sell

Daddio
03-29-2009, 03:58 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: A 110, can't remember the last time I rode one...and they were almost new. I rather get a 70. They're in high demand tho!!!
Could smaller tires be put on a 110? How will it look? I mean, I would ride anything...If she bangs!!!
TORKER.
Did you make it to TF08? 1upfront and I will be there again this year and we will be bringing 4-5 machines between the two of us. We are planing on leaving Monday so we will be there Tuesday for sure. I'm sure you will find a ride.