PDA

View Full Version : Airfoolers.com is now 'Live' - go check it out.

Saul
12-16-2008, 12:27 AM
*upddate Jan/12/09* - just a quick update - over at our forum we are doing a Blackwater85 DVD giveaway. Check it out!

www.airfoolers.com - is up and ready.

Hope all you Gen1 and 2 250R Fans like it!!

Feedback is welcome!

82300R
12-17-2008, 07:42 PM
looks good so far. i like it.

Blown 331
12-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Signed up. Good luck man, hopefully there are enough 81-84s to make up a whole site.

Trikeaholic
12-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I loathe the term "air fooler" I think it is the dumbest thing ever. Makes no sense, and is actually a put down. It is stooooopid. Anyone that has seen or run straightline against my 83 wouldn't be calling it a fooler.

Saul
12-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I loathe the term "air fooler" I think it is the dumbest thing ever. Makes no sense, and is actually a put down. It is stooooopid. Anyone that has seen or run straightline against my 83 wouldn't be calling it a fooler.

They 'fool' everyone with their power! To me the term 'airfooler' is more akin to the street car term 'sleeper' - ya know?

And thanks guys - much more content on the way.

If you own an 81-84 R just PM me and I'll get your trike featured!! :beer

Trikeaholic
12-19-2008, 05:08 PM
They 'fool' everyone with their power! To me the term 'airfooler' is more akin to the street car term 'sleeper' - ya know?

No, I don't know, I do know that it is ghey.

Dammit!
12-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I think the term air fooler came about when the 300 kits were released. If you didn't know what to look for you'd think it was just another 250, hence "fooling" your competitors.

82300R
12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Reminds me of long ago when i had my then new 83 250r with 300 kit,bassani pipe an boost bottle.:cry: :cry: :cry: We used to ride at this beach that no longer exists due to coastal erosion. I dragged raced two guys on suzuki rm's. that wanted to race me.:TrikesOwn If i remember correctly one was a 125 an the other was a 250. they got the jump but i out ran them in the long run. I front of lots of people!:w00t: Really embarassed them.:lol: Thats my little air cooler story.:D

Blown 331
12-19-2008, 06:46 PM

I agree.

edog
12-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I agree.

I second that.

ATC-Eric
12-19-2008, 08:20 PM

There was actually a guy here a while back that had a pretty good hold on the term.

Apparently the term dates back to vintage dirt bike desert racing. I believe it had something to do with the time water pumper bikes came out, and the term was coined for people still runing air cooled bikes.

Wish I remember who, but seemed like a very likely explanation.

82300R
12-22-2008, 08:42 PM
This is the way i see it. I owned the first airfooler in my area. then it made everyone else pretenders and wannabes!:naughty: Now 20 some what years later i still own one. Also own some nice up to date quads also! shens so no wallet shortage here!:twisted: i like the idea of new sites cranking up! an i can understand the attempt to try to hold them down or wipe them out!:( pretty sad wheeler world and org.:rolleyes:

Saul
12-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Bad news - we had a power outage as I was updating the message board. It wiped out the whole thing. (message board)

I can only hope that those of you who were registered will take a moment to register again.

This, I promise, will not happen again - I have set up the option now to make daily backups of the forums database.

A minor setback, for sure, but not a death blow by any means.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter. I am very sorry and upset about this as it is a bother to those who were signed up and had made posts.

I hope to make it up to you guys in a big way really soon.

82300R
12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear that!:( Hope you get it going soon!!!!!!!! :welcome: Seems like another site closed your thead!:twisted: Must have a problem with up and coming sites!:D

edog
12-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear that!:( Hope you get it going soon!!!!!!!! :welcome: Seems like another site closed your thead!:twisted: Must have a problem with up and coming sites!:D

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

82300R
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:eek: See what i'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: there is EVIL afoot on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!:pics: :pics: :pics:

Saul
12-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Meh.

We're back up and running and probably even better then before to be honest.

And about 3w.org - mods there pm'ed and let me know why the thread was being locked. I'm cool with it.

I got nothing against any trike sites!

82300R
12-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Meh.

We're back up and running and probably even better then before to be honest.

And about 3w.org - mods there pm'ed and let me know why the thread was being locked. I'm cool with it.

I got nothing against any trike sites!

Why was the thread locked an who locked it and why????? I saw no problems with it!!!:) Other than competition an trying to hold others down with censorship to benifit themselfs!!!!:) Please correct me!!!!

Saul
12-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Why was the thread locked an who locked it and why????? I saw no problems with it!!!:) Other than competition an trying to hold others down with censorship to benifit themselfs!!!!:) Please correct me!!!!

Mods locked it because it wasn't real 3wheeler talk I guess.

Like I say, no biggie. I can understand them not wanting it to keep going back to the top with replies or whatever - and they did link to the website on 3w.org main page.

airfoolers.com is a niche site anyways - it won't appeal to everyone.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-23-2008, 10:17 PM
what about us waterpumper guys? you cant build a site then not let us join, that is racist! you have to cater to everyone and be nice and accommodating so no one feels left out or gets their feelings hurt. this is a perfect world right?
i dont want to join your stupid club anyway! im gonna go make a site for waterpumpers only and you are not allowed!

Yamatrike400
12-23-2008, 10:41 PM
what about us waterpumper guys? you cant build a site then not let us join, that is racist! you have to cater to everyone and be nice and accommodating so no one feels left out or gets their feelings hurt. this is a perfect world right?
i dont want to join your stupid club anyway! im gonna go make a site for waterpumpers only and you are not allowed!

Well then we better let all quad and bike freaks that hate trikes join here...:crazy:

Tri-Z Pilot
12-23-2008, 11:12 PM
ha! i was just playin around, seems like there is a lot of stupid people complaining and suing in the news ( guy gets drunk and beats wife, sues airline, drunk girl is pulled from the car she wrecked by her friend, then sues her friend saying she is the reason she is left paralysed). i just wanted to join the fun, lol
i think that is cool you guys have your own site, if i had a fooler i would be in too.
sorry for the fake bashing, if you met me you would know im nothing like that (keep that for future reference, im a chain yanker):D
anyway have fun and keep up tthe good work.

later,
Ty

Yamatrike400
12-23-2008, 11:21 PM
I know, its all in fun. Anyway, saul you have done a great job so far.

Saul
12-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks Yamatrike!!

And Tri-Z - I know you're kidding but in all honesty - we have a really open forum over there for everyone to join and post into. We do have an aircooled section only - but we also have a 'general' 3wheeler section for everyone else.

I'd like to see you and anyone else join and have fun, regardless of your machine.

We'll be doing a few giveaways after xmas to registered members of the forum so join up!!

Also - if anyone has any vintage racing pics or old magazine scans they think we could use on the site, could you please contact me?!

firehart
12-24-2008, 10:56 AM
How us guys with old hardtails? They are air cooled. J/K I already belong to more groups than I can keep up with.

Saul
12-24-2008, 11:10 AM
I already belong to more groups than I can keep up with.

awww whats ONE more gunna hurt?! :lol:

Saul
12-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Still looking for more 81-84 250R's to feature in our 'readers rides' section! I know there are alot of you out there - step up and get featured!

Also looking for old magazine scans from the early 80's that feature these trikes. Someone had offered to scan a bunch for me - then our forum crashed that time and I can't remember who it was. If it was 'you' are you're reading this, shoot me a PM!

Thanks again to everyone who has stopped by and left a positive note on the forum!!

Saul
01-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Just a heads up - over at the forum we are organizing a Blackwater 85 dvd giveaway. Check it out if your interested in a copy.
Thanks.