PDA

View Full Version : hard to get neutral on my warrior????

sj13
12-16-2008, 07:32 PM
it shifts fine between gears but when you stop and try to put it in neutral I keep skipping right to 2nd. I tried adjusting the clutch and its crazy sensitive (normal?) when I make it so the clutch doesnt grab it goes into neutral great but I cant find the happy medium.just a 1/4 twist make a huuuuge difference. Any advice on this problem is greatly appreciated. It also is a biiiitch to go into reverse and then back to forward. Luckily its still a blast to ride...

smokinwrench
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Might be some warped clutch discs grabbing.

deathman53
12-17-2008, 04:13 PM
the warrior I had was almost impossible to put into nuetral while running, clutch wasn't too good either(in terms of smooth action), I could get it into nuetral if needed, I didn't bother to most of the time. As for reverse, every warrior has that problem, when you go to put it in reverse, use you foot and rock it back and forth, it wil slip right in. Shifting on it was very notchy also. I rode a honda dirtbike at the same time and it shifts no clutch, easy to get nuetral, smooth clutch and very smooth shifting. I have a ktm dirtbike thats REALLY hard to get into nuetral, it skips right over it, everything else is perfect on it, but nuetral, I gave up on finding nuetral in that.

R-N-D
12-21-2008, 12:57 AM
I also have a warrior with the exact same problems. Neutral is a B$@ch and Reverse is a crap shoot. Some days I have no issues with Reverse while others, it's a pain. However, my clutch is fine and has been adjusted just about perfectly but still issues with Neutral. Must be the Warrior itself. Still a blast to ride each time I have it out.

Trosar
12-25-2008, 12:39 AM
All warriors and 300ex's are like that for s ome reason you have to shut them off to get them into neutral.. thats normal theres nothing wrong with your quad.. but for why it does that.. i dont know

seddon
12-25-2008, 12:59 AM
All warriors and 300ex's are like that for s ome reason you have to shut them off to get them into neutral.. thats normal theres nothing wrong with your quad.. but for why it does that.. i dont know

i was going to say the same thing 300 ex do that to i was making fun of it one day i said i can ride a dirt bike and hit neutral every thing sifting gears but i can not get this ex in neutral if my life counted on it

badasskfx
01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
make sure the idle isnt to high...

Blown 331
01-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I had a 250X and have ridden a few 300ex's and they all went into neutral just fine.
If you ask me I bet the clutch plates have worn grooves into the outer clutch basket preventing proper release. You can file the grooves out or get a different clutch basket.