PDA

View Full Version : Finally found a deal on a piston for my TRI-Z

Blown 331
12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I bought an 85 TRI-Z off Merge88 on here a few months ago. He was riding it and it lost compression. He pulled the top end and the rings were stuck to the piston. And it looked like one of the rings had been previously broken, there was some marks in the cylinder and on the piston. I wasn't in a huge hurry to get it back together and I was just waiting for a deal. Well I found it. And I even got a YZ piston which I've read on here will give some extra power. This piston lists on denniskirk for $161, I hit the buy it now for $60. Sweet. Right now my cylinder is at 1mm over, this piston is 1.5mm over, doesn't get any better than that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200287341371

ATC-Eric
12-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Heck yeah man.

funny thing is I JUST last night contacted Merge asking about that Z, congrats.

Is it as clean as it looked in the pics?

good luck gettin er goin.

How far are you from St. Louis, or St. Joe?

Blown 331
12-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Heck yeah man.

funny thing is I JUST last night contacted Merge asking about that Z, congrats.

Is it as clean as it looked in the pics?

good luck gettin er goin.

How far are you from St. Louis, or St. Joe?

He had 2 TRI-Zs. The 86 he had was super clean that is probably the one you were thinking of. It was red and white and the pics probably didn't do that thing justice, it was beautiful. He sold it on ebay.
I bought his 85 (yellow and black). I would consider it more of a rider but it's not bad. It does have some chips in the frame and a cracked front fender but it hasn't been all cobbled on or anything like that. lol.
I'm at work in Maplewood right now (Hanley & Manchester). It's 36 miles from my driveway to work. I'm about 25 miles from south county. I've been to St. Joe a handful of times, not too often. Been about 3 years probably. I live in the country and can ride to my dads house which is about 5 miles and there is plenty of riding there, pretty convinient.

Here is a camera phone pic of it. I want to put a black front fender on it.

ATC-Eric
12-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Yep, I was thinkin of the 86.

Thats cool, didnt know you lived that close.

If you ever feel like hittin St. Joe with a group, hit me up. Ill probably make it down once in January, then a lot more when it warms up. Wish I lived in a country setting......

Blown 331
12-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah not far at all, I'm in St. Louis nearly every day. I'll let you know on St. Joe. I work on Saturday so that doesnt work for me. It would either need to be a Sunday or Thrusday, those are the days I'm off. It's pretty rough out there, hard on the rims and frame. I've never brought a 3-wheeler out there.

Blown 331
12-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Dropped the piston and cylinder at the machine shop and ordered some gaskets today. The cylinder will be done on Monday. Sweet, shouldn't be long now.

ATC-Eric
12-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Nice mang.