PDA

View Full Version : Easy computer question - deleting Outlook Express folder

Dirtcrasher
12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
I have over 7000 3WW responses in my Outlook Express "delete" folder...

I have to hit ctrl and delete, highlight 25 at a pop and then dump that group one at a time.

Is there a button sequence I can just hit to run down the whole list and get rid of them??

This is filling up my my mail and I have to dump this crap, it keeps asking me to compress/compact them but I want to highlight them all and QUICKLY and dump them....

There are probably 50 of 9000 messages I want to keep so I don't want to dump the whole shabang.

If anyone can help, it would be SUPER GREAT!! Thank you in advance....

I believe I'm running XP........... Too lazy to check! If that matters............... :lol:

honda250sx
12-18-2008, 08:57 PM
CTRL A

DELETE

GOODBYE FOREVER...

Unless you have a deleted items folder...

REPEAT PROCESS...

GOODBYE

Howdy
12-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Sort emails by sender or by title.
Then go to the first one you want deleted and click on it once ( it should highlight it ).

Then push and hold the "shift" key. Do not let up on it.

Then use you mouse and go to the bottom of the list that you want deleted. Click on the last message with the mouse and it should highlight all the emails between the 2 clicks.

Let up on the shift key, mouse over the highlighted messages and right click the mouse, then click on delete. I have used this method for years and one time dumped 2000+ emails in just a couple clicks.
Howdy

Dirtcrasher
12-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Many thanks to you guys!!

Worked like a charm, went from 9000 to 2000 messages :lol: