PDA

View Full Version : Hey, YFZ owners!

LonesomeTriZ
12-19-2008, 06:07 AM
I have decided my YFZ needs some love. I ride it when my Z’s are down. (Which is always.) I want to do a few things to it but I have not been in the game for a while. I bough this thing new in 2005 and I have barely broken it in. I really have no desire to make it faster, just nicer and more efficient. I have pasted my wish list, on it I have itemized the things I want to upgrade or add. What I am looking for is help in identifying the brands or actual parts I am looking for. I would also like to know who sells them. I may not know who makes and sells what, but I do know I want very specific parts. So, if you all do not mind, I sure could use some help.

Oh yeah, this is not something I am going to start throwing money at right now. By the time I get home I want the list complete, and then I will start buying this stuff.

YFZ450 Wish List

Body:

1. Front bumper
2. Rear grab bar
3. Nerf bars
4. Heal guards
5. Foot pegs
6. Hand gaurds

Frame:

1. A-arm skid plates
2. Under frame skid plate
3. Swing arm skid plate

Cooling:

1. Radiator
2. Oil tank
3. Oil cooler
4. Yellow silicone hose kit

Performance:

1. Exhaust
2. Intake

Wheels and Tires:

1. Carbon fiber wheels with yellow bead locks
2. Tires

super90
12-19-2008, 07:21 AM
ill try to help you out, I have used all these on mine.

1. DG V-Pro bumper, very durable and looks sharp.
2. PRM control grab bar, beefy and makes it very easy to pick up.
3. Gibson nerfs, work great, look great.
4. GYTR heel guards, look good and do there job damn well.
5. Pegs are part of the nerfs, real wide, and very nice upgrade.
6. Cycra hand guards, protect you hands very well and are strong.

frame

1. -
2. DG laser plate, works great.
3. ROCK skid plate, TAKES ABUSE, still works.
4. -

perf.

1. I have an HMF and love it. dasa, rage, and nmotion are all great too.
2. I use the stock intake.

tires

1. Hyper beadlocks are pricey but damn nice.
2. I use holeshot GNCCs, they have great grip, but ware a little fast, not bad though.

Most all of these things can be found at rockymountainatv.com except the nerfs and rims I believe. If you go to YFZcentral.com they have a bunch of sponsor sites that have good prices and you can find most anything mentioned here for the yfz. Sorry I missed a couple things but I never used them so I cant comment. Hope this helped some.

LonesomeTriZ
12-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks. I will look into those parts. A couple of things I should have mentioned. I nerfs, bumper, and grab bar in satin black. That is one problem I have had. I do not want the shiny black.

Here is my YFZ.

super90
12-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Grab bar can be powder coated any color including flat black on there website, you can get the DG bumper in flat black also. I just remembered gibson dosent make the nerfs anymore, but xfactor is the same exact thing as the gibsons. They also come in flat black. Cant go wrong with flat black!

LonesomeTriZ
12-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks. What about polimer or impact resistant skids? I read about them a while back but cannot find them now.

brapp
12-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Body:

1. Front bumper-duncan
2. Rear grab bar-ac racing
3. Nerf bars-GIBSON PRO PEG
4. Heal guards ON NERF BARS
5. Foot pegsONNERF BARS
6. Hand gaurds ACERBIS OR POWERMADDARE MY CHOICES

Frame:

1. A-arm skid plates- prm
2. Under frame skid plate-prm
3. Swing arm skid plate-prm

Cooling:

1. Radiator- i think its pwr
2. Oil tankstock but powdercoated
3. Oil coolerstock
4. Yellow silicone hose kitwho knows?

Performance:

1. Exhaust curtis sarks big core
2. Intake i belive upp makes an intake for these that alows it to brethe a little better and in diffrent colors. but not shure

Wheels and Tires:

1. Carbon fiber wheels with yellow bead locks hyper carbon fiber beadlocks
2. Tires what ever you choose i always prefered razr mx or razr 2's but dont knwo terain?

here is a pic fo what i think looks good with exeptipn of the wheels

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/04/26/bikepics-341136-full.jpg

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/04/26/bikepics-341133-800.jpg

LonesomeTriZ
12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Is all this available at Dennis Kierk?

brapp
12-19-2008, 03:48 PM
let me know what you want and i can tellyou who carries it.

Yamahondaman
12-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Hummm .. they still Modify'n the SuperTrapp for the Exhaust for those RAG'S ?

LonesomeTriZ
12-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Super who?

Thanks Brapp. I have to be out for a few days, when I return I'll shoot that to you you.

skippy
12-19-2008, 10:13 PM
i have a frame skid, a swingarm skid, blk nerfs, and a few other things for sale.

the swingarm skid is new, along w the nerfs..

pm me

LonesomeTriZ
12-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey Brapp, I did not see those photographs before. I guess the computer I was on would not open them. That quad is nice, but for me it is over built. I want black and yellow everything on mine. No shiny.

Thanks for the head up Skippy.

brapp
12-20-2008, 12:08 PM
i wa sjust givign you an idea what the parts look liek shape and buils and how they look on the quad.i am shur eu can get th duncan bumpers in othe rfinishes and then i was lookgin tusk makes a good set of pro peg nergs for a decent price. and yeah it was way overdone but its exactly what i wanted when i built it. but thats what happens when i had unlimited resources and abotu 20k to spend.

rdlsz24
12-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Here was mine before I sold it at the beginning of summer. It had Moose bumpers, GYTR nerfs and slip on, and PRM swingarm guard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/rdlsz24/Other/04YFZ1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/rdlsz24/Other/04YFZ3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/rdlsz24/Other/04YFZ5.jpg

Rob

LonesomeTriZ
12-21-2008, 12:17 AM
That looks like a simpe biuld. That is what I want only I want everything in black and yellow.

BigGreenMachine
12-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Look up GT Thunder for shock revalves and MX or XC linkages.

Groundworx
12-21-2008, 02:14 PM
You probably will have trouble finding those in a flat black or satin black. I agree with you though, I am not about the shiny bling on my quads. I like the flat black look as well. You will probably have to go with some powdercoating to get that look and get everything to match. Should look sweet.

LonesomeTriZ
12-22-2008, 12:16 AM
If that is the case, I will buy the cheaper shiny stuff and Rhino line it.

Groundworx
12-22-2008, 08:54 AM
That should look pretty good as well. Here is a pic of a 2008 LTR I have right now. It has the black nerfs and a black bumper as well. They are pro armor, but they are the shiny black. After a few rides though, it doesn't really shine any more unless you armor all them.

LonesomeTriZ
12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
That looks good. My frame is satin black, so I was hoping the accessories would match.

brapp
12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
my 450r had black wrinkel finish on the prm desert bumper and the ac propeg nerfs and it looke really cool

LonesomeTriZ
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
That is what I want. Did they come that way?