PDA

View Full Version : Polaris xcr 800 clutch options?

johnson989
12-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I just purchased a 1998 xcr 600. I got it dirt cheap because the crankshaft/pto snapped off clean at the case. I took "honda250sx" advice on another thread and called northern crankshaft in MN. They are going to either rebuild my crank or get me a remaned crank with the upgraded 800 triple pto. In order for that to work he said I have to upgrade the clutch to an 800 (hence the title). Well from what I have been reading most people say all these clutches are the same, but they didn't start making the xcr 800 until 99'. The polaris website says that the 99' xcr 800 drive clutch is compatible with sleds between 99-05.

What do you guys think are my options? I don't think I want something used because I've read they can shatter and they need to be balanced. Also it has the stock secondary clutch on it; is that compatible with what ever primary I put on it? This is my first sled and I am still learning so sorry if this is confusing. thanks for any input.

I should also mention this sled is piped, jetted and has either a performance head or work done to the head; so i need a clutch that is suitable for the increase in hp.

Yamatrike400
12-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Call up Comet and they will find what you need.