PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored - Whats the STUPIDEST thing you ever did??

Dirtcrasher
12-21-2008, 02:47 PM
We've all done some very stupid things. Things that got us arrested, things that hurt others and some things that we've actually learned from....

Me first :D : I'll start with one of my biggest mechanical mistakes I've ever made that cost me months of trouble and despair. But, believe me, I have more :lol:

I bought a 1969 Dynahoe Backhoe to build my track with. When the owner dropped it off, it was on fire from leaves around the engine. I knew NOTHING about backhoes or diesel engines other than I needed one......

Fast forwards a month or so. So, genius Steve (ME) changes all the fluids but this broken exhaust is driving me crazy. Previous owner had it held together with coat hangers :rolleyes: So, new house with the wife; I pull the backhoe next to the side porch and stretch it out in all of it's 40 feet or so of glory. The welder could only reach that porch, I had no shed or anything at the time. I was scared to take off the exhaust, all these hoses, cables and tubes of unknown function terrified me!! So welding on the machine was my best idea.....

It's cast iron, difficult to weld at best. So a welding I went, but remember that backhoe exhausts go up and out the hood, not down. So I got it welded to my disbelief and got in the cab to fire it off. It cranked about a half turn and locked up solid. I sat bewildered for a moment and then realized what had happened; a piece of welding slag most likely got into the cylinder from the exhaust valves. The exhaust acted like a funnel and dumped the slag right into the motor. At this point I realized the horror that I had a 17,000 lb machine parked and stretched out in my driveway and wives parking spot and I knew NOTHING about diesel engines....

Like any other running motor, leave them alone.... Or be prepared to bring them back up to decent specs which is where I was at this point. 4 months later, a 500 page Detroit Diesel manual later and hours that I literally broke down and cried, I had it running well. I learned to rebuild the fuel pump, injectors, turbo, governor, water pump and so on............. I'm not scared of diesel engines anymore though :D

Dug out dirt for my 16x20 shed and built the MX track in the backyard so in the end it all worked out.

But man - WAS I FRICKEN STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeePa
12-21-2008, 02:51 PM
and you make fun of me from locking up a triz motor cause i "thought" i got the washer out. I knew there was a chance, but we ahead and ran it anyways

honda250sx
12-21-2008, 02:55 PM
RUN IT...lol

brappette
12-21-2008, 03:10 PM
i fell in love with brapp!

Twilight
12-21-2008, 03:12 PM
When I first moved here from Australia I didnt know what snow was, well when I was 12 it was snowing and like a ******* I thought it was ASH from like a volcano.. I started to scream and ran outside yelling that a volcano had exploded.

Wasn't good, seeing as I lived next to a few kids from school that passed the word around that I was a moron.

Other than that, When I was 10, I rebuilt a engine with gasket gel and paper for the head gasket, ran a whole 11min then warped the cylinder and head and melted the piston

Dirtcrasher
12-21-2008, 03:19 PM
LOL..... I like the volcano story Twilight!! :D

Greiver430x
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
i fell in love with brapp!

LMAO thats trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro funny:beer

Dirtcrasher
12-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey, you pricks are supposed to be sharing here !!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, play nice now..... Apparently some of you posters have NEVER done anything stupid? This topic is not limited to:

1) Mechanical mistakes
2) Personal mistakes
3) Life choices
4) Hygiene mistakes - Caught picking your nose and eating it - Sorry Deepa :lol: :D I didn't actually catch you, maybe it was grease or something else.....shens

Billy Golightly
12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Trusting people. Believing that its only a small minority out to "get you" and that the vast majority of people are caring and are willing to give the shirt off your back. That most people have a control on their emotions and wont let it get the best of them. That people have limits and boundaries that they know they cannot cross no matter how bad they want or need something.

And finally

Fundamentally believing in the good and just-ness of mankind :rolleyes:

DixiePlowboy
12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Well, let's see.......I'll just give a short/partial list.

-Got myself kicked out in the 9th Grade for sending a Senior kid to the emergency room.....over nothing really.

-Traded an '83 GT for a Camaro.....(quickly got another Mustang:) )

-Got married at 17.....well I've got 2 great boys outta that so it's not an "overall mistake"

-Drank tequilla(to-KILL-ya)

-Got locked up overnight(in 1995) because I chased a guy nearly 30 miles at speeds sometimes over 110mph, crashed into his car, and beat him in the mouth till the cop came out and ended it.(NOTE TO SELF: Don't let let a bird finger make me that mad again, and don't crash in front of a cop's driveway)

-Water-ballooned a cop car(while he was driving it)when I was 13. Great cop, good friend since....bad night! Funny now though.

-Sold my pretty much-complete Cagiva for about $100(in the early-mid-'90s) It needed near nothing and I needed money for an upcoming divorce.

I could list all day long.

-

DixiePlowboy
12-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Trusting people. Believing that its only a small minority out to "get you" and that the vast majority of people are caring and are willing to give the shirt off your back. That most people have a control on their emotions and wont let it get the best of them. That people have limits and boundaries that they know they cannot cross no matter how bad they want or need something.

And finally

Fundamentally believing in the good and just-ness of mankind :rolleyes:

Dang, Bill......that's a really dark cloud following you around. Don't give up, there are(!) decent folks in this world. You'll have to deal with the "other" type more often, but you'll see.

factoryX
12-21-2008, 04:21 PM
lol, 24ft staircase attempt with a bike....

firehart
12-21-2008, 05:30 PM
I sold my 200x for $300.00 because my wife was afraid I'd hurt myself. Sold my 69 Rambler to buy a Pinto ( that was 30 years ago).

Nick_R_23
12-21-2008, 05:35 PM
A while back when I didnt know a whole lot about engines, I set off to rebuild my first ever 2 stroke -- a 1977 YZ80. It went pretty smoothly until I got back to the clutch basket. I couldnt remember how tight the bolts were that held the clutch springs on. I figured that they shouldnt be tightened down all the way, because then the springs would be compressed, so I tightened them down about halfway. I got the rest of the motor and the bike back together and took it out for a test ride. After about a mile I thought it felt pretty good and I was really proud of myself when out of nowhere the bike completly locks up and I almost went over the handlebars. I go to kick it over but it doesnt budge, and notice that the clutch cover is almost cracked in half!! I walked it home and took it apart again to find that the clutch had disassembled itself inside the motor since I didnt tighten the bolts on the clutch all the way.

I can tear down and rebuild an engine like no other now, but some of the stuff I did just starting out was pretty stupid. :lol:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

KASEY
12-21-2008, 05:59 PM
my dad told me to change the headlight on his pickup once,, it had a small hole in it,,, i was pissed cause i wanted to go out and play,,,, i was 14 ,, so i took the torch and filled the headlight with oxygen and accetelene ,,, i got in the truck turned on the headlights and hit the high beams!!!!!!!! it blew the window out of the garage!!! luckly i put the torch up first,,, when everyone came running i laid down on the garage floor like i was hurt!!!! never had to do that again!!!!

Erics350x
12-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Just after movin to Florida we got or first 3 seater jetski. Keep in mind it's Febuary and the water was frealing COLD. So, i couldn't wait to try this thing out. We unload at the ramp and i make a few runs around the Bay, then let my wife try. She would make a lap and then pimp by the dock every so often. After a few times of that, i get the image in my head of the old westerns on tv, where the Cowboy runs outta the bar and jumps off the deck onto the back of the horse as it goes flyin by. So the next time she comes by the dock i take a run for it, i land on the back and cause the ski to barrell roll sending us both into the freezing cold water. If that wasnt bad enough she didn't have the landyard on her wrist and the dang ski was makin circles around us like a shark while hypothermia sets in. We make it back onto the dock and see all the fisherman and Coastgaurd laughing the a$$es off. The ski finally ran down the beah but, I had to chase the ski down the beach acrossed broken seashells stopping it just before it crashed into a gas huge gas line running a station on another dock.

If got alot more but thats the only one that doesn't make me want to hang myself typing it.

Yamada
12-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Used the emergency brake of my dodge colt at 45 mph into the curves of a gravel road with one a my friend as passenger . I've been very lucky not to get into the ditch.

SYKO
12-21-2008, 07:10 PM
married my first wife......

mad
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
saw a old friend for the first time in a year and though she was pregnet and asked when the baby was do and if it was a boy or girl.turned out she wasnt pregnet.havent seen her since.oops. :wondering

tanks350x
12-21-2008, 07:37 PM
It's all about girls for me, many a times I passed up opportunities with girls because of hoping to be with one particular one. It happened to me too many damn times. But oh well, I have a fat wallet because of it :naughty:

brapp
12-21-2008, 07:38 PM
i like easy women lol nuff said!

chris200x
12-21-2008, 08:01 PM
i like easy women lol nuff said!

That all you got? I woulda figured you'd be good for at least a page or two! :lol:

tanks350x
12-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Last year me and a buch of people went to the oldest marble quarry in the country. It's an awesome swimming hole with different size cliff faces to jump from, highest being close to 50 ft. I consider myself to be a descent swimmer. But I got out of shape pretty bad in the last couple of years, and smoke close to 2 packs a day. So me and a couple of friends decide to swim to the area of the quarry to do some jumping. Keep in mind that this quarry is over 200 ft. deep I swam about 50 yards and got really winded. I started to panick a bit and clinged to the side of the walls for dear life!! My brother asked me if I was ok and I said NO!!! I'm glad my friends were there to help me out.. Probably the stupidest thing I ever did
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures259.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures260.jpg
one of my friends swam back across and grabbed a tube from some lady to help me out, I put that thing on faster than anything, and it DID save my life for sure
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures262.jpg
:crazy: :crazy:

tanks350x
12-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Wow it looks like I do some pretty stupid things :lol:
Here's another of my lil didys.. Laconia 05 me and about 12 bikes were heading into town. I wasn't happy with the guy I was riding next to at all, he was all over the place and crowding me. We came to an intersection and took a left, I decided to pull ahead of him. I got it up to about 55 mph and I noticed a sign that said stop ahead:eek: I was way over my head, I hit the shoulder and went over the handlebars doing close to 50mph, The bike did a complete flip and totalled it. Lucky for me, I just had a scratch on the bridge of my nose from my glasses where I did a face plant in the grass I didn't even take an ambulance ride, denied it
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures151.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures152.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures153.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures154.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures156.jpg
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures157.jpg
This bike was my pride and joy, I actually cried when I finally got it back to camp and really thought of what had happened. The bike only had 9k on it, and was very fast

DixiePlowboy
12-21-2008, 10:13 PM
tanks350x,
It's one thing for me to just remember the stupid things I did, but trailpro! You got PICS of your moment.....lol

tanks350x
12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
The swimming insident, we were 6 hours from home, and the Laconia thing was over a hundred miles from home.. good thing I trailored the ZRX up there

brapp
12-21-2008, 11:11 PM
her eis one fo the stupidest things! me +banshee 6th gear pinned + tractor trailer u figur eout what happened

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/02/05/bikepics-285953-800.jpg

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/02/05/bikepics-285964-800.jpg

Trosar
12-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Last winter with a few of my friends, when i was 16 i thought it would be a good idea to tape a busy road off with caution tape and watch all the cars get backed up, it was hilarious for the first 15 minutes when there were like 50 cars backed up in 1 block. turns out some lady saw us doing it and called the cops and we all got arrested... but we didnt get fined or anything

Tri-ZNate
12-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Letting a buddy put a .40 piston in the .50 bore of a 230 quadsport I was acquiring from him. It actually ran very good for a month or so.

thefox
12-21-2008, 11:47 PM
I competed in a triathlon in the spring on a dare and it turns out I can’t swim all that well. I run a lot so the 12 mile bike and 3 mile run were cake but the ½ mile swim to start the race out almost killed me, literally. I guess I should have practiced swimming before hand but I didn’t really want to, I mean I knew I was bad but I forgot how easy it would be to drown.

About 100 yards into the race I got tired and realized that I could drown, I could literally die. The worst part was it was it was in a lake and the nearest life boat was another 100 yards away! 2 things saved me, I borrowed a friends wet suit (they float some) and while I was realizing that I could die I saw someone else doing the backstroke so I tried that and it was much easier.

Result, out of 287 finishers I was 253 in the swim (167 in the bike and 2nd in the run, 127th overall).

factoryX
12-21-2008, 11:55 PM
her eis one fo the stupidest things! me +banshee 6th gear pinned + tractor trailer u figur eout what happened

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/02/05/bikepics-285953-800.jpg

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/02/05/bikepics-285964-800.jpg

any injurys? 6th pinned on a banshee is freaky enough, but hitting a trailor?

The Goat
12-22-2008, 03:20 AM
Put a standard bore piston in a max bore cylinder... Ran well for a little while.

Jumped of the porch of a plantation home 14ft straight to bushes, I hit the dirt instead.

Me, a buddy and two girls going through the cane fields in my gran am. One bet me I couldn't do 100...I did, and I wasn't aware the road curved, skipped sideways through the canefields...

Was doing 109 in my scion on i49... Thought the median was too deep for troopers to cross, well a good ol boy thought otherwise and popped me.

Shot a ten ply tire with a .22 and caught the richochet in the chest.

Playing with gas in a drum, I burned the skin off of my left hand, still have nerve damage.

Umm, drank two bottles of champagne and a bottle of vampire vodka in one sitting. Everyone thought I was dying.

Drank 17 pints of beer in one sitting, didn't get sick, but I did tell some guy at a party that I was going to be banging his roommate so it was best for him to stay in the living room... Not to mentin he was gay

Drifted into a fence and watched a pole come through my windshield.

I tore down a shed with only a six foot 1in piece of iron... I was sore for days after...

Got involved with my last two gfs.

Ever bothered to trust anyone.

Took a year and a half off from work.

Ate a mahi mahi burger and then pounded on a handle of captain morgan, it ended badly.

Doing one to two hundre nitrous cartridges a day for a few months.

Need I go on...

brapp
12-22-2008, 08:11 AM
on 2 ocasions drank an entir ebottle of cherry vodka one i left a party with my feet hangign out the back wondow of my own truck and the noext ended badle trikefest 07 when i went after somene with a chair after the awards banquet and skidded acrost the concrete on my face!

BigGreenMachine
12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Her name was Nikita.

Greiver430x
12-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I had a nice pile of money saved up and was planning on buying an engagement ring for my now fiance. I also wanted to get a bow, all said and done bow cost me about 1300 dollars when I added everything to it. SSSSOOOO, I decide Ill get engaged some other time, But for some reason I told he about it like a year later. Boy the ol' lady can hold a grudge, lol. The best part was I knew I shouldnt say it and I even said," I shouldnt tell you this but". Everthing worked out we are on our second kid and are getting married in June. Now we call my darton the engagement bow.:lol:

Macs
12-23-2008, 12:53 PM
My wife had just got her brand new bike and i had the cases split on my old GT750 to replace crank seals. Everyday she would ride up and down the street waiting on me to finish the rebuild. One night, i finally got the engine back in the bike. She was right there ready to go. We took off and i realised in all the excitement i didnt grab my helmet nor glasses. I figured it would be alright, we were just going on a short ride to test my bike. Well, she was poking along pretty slowly and i wanted to open my bike up. So i passed her is a very precise wheelie. As soon as the front end went down i caught a june bug ( i think that's what is was) in the eye at about 70 - 80 mph. I was instantly blinded and nailed a curb. We called someone to pick up the bike. the next day my face swelled up like the elephant man. It took almost 2 weeks before i could see. The doctors had to dig bug particles out of my eyeballs and gave me a bunch of pain killers. I will never , ever do that again.

Macs
12-23-2008, 01:12 PM
I have another one that involves me and my bike. A couple of weeks ago i was decorating for christmas and had quite a few glasses of holiday cheer ( Vodka and grapfruit juice ). My wife was supose to bring me a pack of cigs when she came home but forgot. So i was going to walk down to the store ( Maybe 100 yds ). I had my motorcycle out from digging things out of the garage. I thought, hmmmm i will just take that. I know better than this, it was just a very stupid moment. I climbed on the bike and pulled out of the driveway. I lost control and ended up smashing into the side of my neihbors brothers brand new jag. They were outside and had to lift the car up so me and the bike could get out. I was very embarrassed. They never brought it up again.

DeePa
12-23-2008, 01:38 PM
pm'ing you and seeing if you wanted to go riding...

brapp
12-23-2008, 03:34 PM
deepa is thet directed torward asscrashe ror edoggylol

DeePa
12-23-2008, 07:58 PM
BOTH hahahahahah

brappette
12-23-2008, 08:12 PM
WOW!!!! Are you serious? SO there are more men out there like Brapp, I really can not believe it.....Just kidding, But still yeah this sounds totally like something that Brapp would do, too. But the only difference would be that it would be in new hottest gun on the market.

I had a nice pile of money saved up and was planning on buying an engagement ring for my now fiance. I also wanted to get a bow, all said and done bow cost me about 1300 dollars when I added everything to it. SSSSOOOO, I decide Ill get engaged some other time, But for some reason I told he about it like a year later. Boy the ol' lady can hold a grudge, lol. The best part was I knew I shouldnt say it and I even said," I shouldnt tell you this but". Everthing worked out we are on our second kid and are getting married in June. Now we call my darton the engagement bow.:lol:

brappette
12-23-2008, 08:14 PM
But well let me see, one of the stupidest things that I have done would of been a friend home from work, b/c I thought she was cool....YEAH WRONG!!! Turns out that she ends up sleeping with Brapp and totally ruins another relationship. I have heard that she is good at that...LOL

ATC-Eric
12-23-2008, 08:53 PM
May seem stupid simple, but the stupidest thing Ive ever done, and continue to do is procrastinate!

Thats why I spent so much time in College, I flunked out of highschool, well, Ill stop there-the list goes on.

Procrastination is a carreer killer.

EDIT! In all seriousness, Im narowing down a decent stupid story, got plenty. For now this is what you have to deal with.

Greiver430x
12-23-2008, 08:56 PM
WOW!!!! Are you serious? SO there are more men out there like Brapp, I really can not believe it.....Just kidding, But still yeah this sounds totally like something that Brapp would do, too. But the only difference would be that it would be in new hottest gun on the market.

It really is a GREAT bow though:D

82300R
12-23-2008, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes: I learned how to use the internet!:rolleyes:

TrailerRider
12-23-2008, 09:22 PM
When I was like 17 or 18 we (my cousin and friend) snuck into my highschool pool after hours. Unfortunately they had the pool covers on. So I thought the day was over. Till my cousin said Watch this guys! (how many times you hear that ;) ) I Should mention is was like 110 lbs wet. He goes to the edge of the pool and gets a running start and and ran across the mats to the other side and out ofthe pool. I was like :w00t: dude you made it! I laughed so hard. The my buddy who was a little bit heavier around 130 or so takes his chance. :w00t: He makes it as well. So now I am pumped and ready for my turn. So of corse those to feather weights are cheering on. SO I start back and start running as fast as my fat arse will take me (150 to 165). I jumped and got maybe 3 or 4 ft and sank like dam rock. Thankfully the egde of the mats gave way on the corners and I just slid off them right at the side of the pool. Those two fools just sat there laughing. I really thought I would make it across. It was funny now looking back. But STUPID cause if I would have made it farther I would have suffacated from pool mats and no even in the water!

The other thing but was buddies bright idea on that same day we had pulled the mats out of the way and where smiwwing. He decided he wanted to try to go from one said to the other. So he goes under from the other side of the pool and his feet kind off poped out of the water as he pushed him self off. Well a few second later I don't see him. I can see the water due to the mats cover the majority of the water. So I am like uh oh! where is he. About that time I see a little over half a sudden buldge appear in the middle and go away. Now I am freaking out and getting ready to go down and see if he needs help. Just then he appears next to me and blows out of the water gasoing for air. I said dude you made it! He says and I quote "Jesus Christ fu*k*r, I almost drownd!" I asid what happend? He says " I thought I was in shallower water, so when I got to about the middle of the pool I tryed to shoot up against the mat and take a quick shot of air and continue on to the other side but when I sank down a bit there was no ground and I was out of air and I had no way to push the mat up high enough to get the air. So I was swimming as fast as I could when I saw the other side and just about lost it. Once I new he was OK I laughed my arse off.

Oh and one more. My cousin came over once time after I had not seen him in a year or so. In that year he had taking up smoking as a new habbit. We where walking down this drainage ditch that ran between a housing track. There was this pine tree and I though I wonder how stupid he is (refereing to my cousin). I Stopped and picked up 8 or 10 pine needles and said, Smoke this! So he commenced to breaking out rolling papers (not for cigs as I found out later..lol) and lite them up. He took a hugh hit of the pine cig and started chocking fromthe smoke. He let out htis blue puff or smoke and said "Man it tastes like sh!t !!" I busted a nut laughing so hard.

Good thread!

brapp
12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
i think your wrong 82300r i think your biggest mistake is admitting you liek smelly candles from bedbathand boyond!!!!! you may be the next big pick on person liek edoggidy.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-23-2008, 09:24 PM
got so messed up drinking one night that i cut my finger off and didnt realize till morning. still dont know how i did it, and my pinky is half the length it used to be. i would add lol, but realize it's actually not funny, it did make me see that i had a serious drinking problem. i cant play guitar as well as i used to now.

82300R
12-23-2008, 09:44 PM
i think your wrong 82300r i think your biggest mistake is admitting you liek smelly candles from bedbathand boyond!!!!! you may be the next big pick on person liek edoggidy.

:beer I am afraid you may be right!:beer

Dirtcrasher
12-24-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm the mechanic I am today because of the IDIOT I was years ago :welcome:

I was 17yo and had a 1981 RM125 with a rigged up master link clip. The clip was an old bread tie wire wrapped around the grooves the "correct" master link would normally ride in...

So, I adjusted my chain (Too tight, as I had NO MANUAL!!) and pushed the RM a mile to the train tracks to take it for a blast. I rode about 500 feet and hit a big bump, the bike just locked up and stalled. When I looked down, the chain had come apart and was wrapped around the front sprocket. But I thought I just needed a master link....

I called my buddy Kevin and we began the teardown. It all went well, then we had the motor on the bench. We realized that the clutch pivot housing got snapped by the chain and we had to split the cases. Our tools were a hammer, standard size sockets and numerous screwdrivers.....

We pryed, smashed, beat and yanked on everything until the case was split :w00t: at which point I realized we had ruined the crank threads and ruined the case gasket mating surfaces.

So, my grandfather had a machine shop. He actually built a machine to assemble "Widgets" (those razor blade plastic housings) when I was young. His shop was called Hopper Feeds. He was a genius....

So along comes the pimply faced stupid arse grandson with all these parts. I had no clue, no manual and didn't know much more than how to wipe my butt.. He threw the crank in the lathe and I watched some type of needle spin around :crazy: and around as he shook his head in disbelief. Then he looked at the cases and again shook his head. I was always intimidated by grandpa and this iced the cake, he told I ruined everything and he couldn't help me......

Months later, a new crank and a good set of repaired cases later, I actually got it running. I learned some lessons on that one, IDT I split another set of cases until about 10 yrs later...... I think it cost me 700$ to fix it back in 1987.

Stupid Steve #2

I got sick of dirt bikes and wanted a wheeler. I think it was about 1988 that I had sold the RM aqnd found an ad for a 1985 200X for 750$. I went to see it and the father was home, but not the seller. I didn't know CRAP anyhow.... So, I took it for a blast and the clutch slipped like crazy. I thought it slipped because it was cold :lol: I just WANTED a trike so I bought it and couldn't care less otherwise....

A month later the clutch slipped so bad that I had to replace it. AND by then, the head gasket that showed a bit of oil was farting out compression. So, once again I decided I could fix it and again had no manual or training. I tore it down with screwdrivers and hammers, bought all the parts (no idea how I got that 4 pronged nut off the clutch though??!!) and then I tackled the top end. I had learned that the top end was easy from the RM125 so I just slapped it together. Then I had this chain? thing that ran valves?? I had no clue how this stuff worked so I just put it back together with a fresh bore, new clutch, new gaskets and a top end kit.

The 1st time I kicked it it was weird.... It was hard to get past TDC and I had to force it :lol: Then it just wouldn't start...... I pushed that prick up and down my driveway for hours and it never ran. I finally broke down and brought it to the mechanic that explained to me how valves and valve timing worked and what might be wrong. Of course I had ben both valves because I had it completely out of time :( About 400$ later and MONTHS of 4 separate paper routes later, I got it running.

That mechanic "Charlie" wa the one that ended up taking me under his wing. He let me watch, taught me how things worked and told me to start reading manuals.........................................

These mistakes cost me hundreds and hundreds of dollars!

I know I get on people hard about manuals sometimes: I'm MORE than sure that this is why I am so adamant that everyone should read, use and understand a shop manual before touching ANYTHING!!

Stupid idiot Steve strikes again :lol: :w00t:

Tri-Z Pilot
12-24-2008, 06:27 PM
good advice DC, if only half the newbs that show up had a manual, or have at least read one before to get a little understanding how motors work, they wouldnt be askin 10 questions on how to get their axle off or something (james9r9r).

im not saying i havent asked stupid questions, but a little common sense goes a long way. measure twice, cut once, or read 10 times disassemble 4 times:lol:

Shawn72
12-26-2008, 04:29 AM
-When I was a young man learning how to tear down 2 stroke engines and put them back together I didn't realize you NEEDED the wrist pin needle bearing until.................You know how this one ends.

- Once thought it was a good idea to run from State troopers while intoxicated and underage.

ditchmud
12-26-2008, 12:03 PM
I started smoking at age 12. I know this isn't the kind of story that you are looking for but this is definitely the dumbest and most harmful thing I did in my life. I quit back in Jan.

I once drove my jeep down into a ditch and then quite a ways down the ditch eventually getting stuck. Then I went home and got my bronco to help, and got it stuck about 30 ft. from the jeep. After about 10 hours of trying everything I gave up and called a tow truck. Luckily he gave me a price of $100 bucks to yank them both out before he saw them. The tow truck driver was saying that he'd seen it all before and it was no big deal etc. etc. Then as we are standing at the edge of this 30ft. bank looking down at my two vehicles he turned to me and said "well I aint never seen anything like this before. What the hell were you doing down there?" He made me climb down to the bronco and hook up the chain to the reciever hitch. Then as he winched out the truck he told me that I had to sit in the truck and steer it around the trees in the way. Which was B.S. because me and my truck were at times dangling in mid air. The whole time I am looking straight down at the muddy hole he just plucked me from wondering if I had wrapped the chains that I was now hanging from correctly. After my Bronco was out I had to climb down again for the jeep. Once again I had to ride in it up and out for what I dont know other than the driver probably thought it was funny. My wife still likes to bring this one up every now and then to remind me what a dum bass I am.

Tiger76
12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Well it was stupid but fun. My husband and I go to Chillothe OH for the easy rider rodeo over Labor Day weekend and well one year it was very cold it was in the 30's and raining. Well I went mudding topless. I ride a 1986 350X Honda 3 wheeler. That thing throws the mud I was covered head to to in mud you couldent even tell I was topless except fot the fact that I have piercings so they were cold. Well I got sicker than a dog but had a blast. Beth (Tiger76)

chris200x
12-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Well it was stupid but fun. My husband and I go to Chillothe OH for the easy rider rodeo over Labor Day weekend and well one year it was very cold it was in the 30's and raining. Well I went mudding topless. I ride a 1986 350X Honda 3 wheeler. That thing throws the mud I was covered head to to in mud you couldent even tell I was topless except fot the fact that I have piercings so they were cold. Well I got sicker than a dog but had a blast. Beth (Tiger76)

Can we get some pics?! :pics: :D

Yamada
12-26-2008, 06:21 PM

Edog get out of chris200x's body.:postwhore

82300R
12-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Can we get some pics?! :pics: :D :eek: I want :pics: of chris200X, e-dog an me!!! :eek: In the wilderness!Taking :pics: , An living on our primal instincts! shens Men in the wilderness, riden an surviven! Taking care of our basic needs!!!!!!!!:w00t: :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce

Tiger76
12-26-2008, 09:40 PM

Well we don't have any but I am sure if U looked at some of the easyrider web sits U could find some. Good Luck

Tri-Z Pilot
12-26-2008, 11:02 PM
I cant quite picture it, how about you do a re-enactment out on the snow and take some pics of that, then I will believe it:D :shiftyeyes:

The Goat
12-27-2008, 03:01 AM
...jesus you old bastards need to get some

Shawn72
12-27-2008, 06:50 AM
TRI-Z Pilot what kind of guitars you got???

chris200x
12-27-2008, 07:33 AM
:postwhore Well I thought it was worth a shot! :lol: :w00t: I didn't mean any offense, Just havin' a lil' fun. :)

300r dude... So you like camping do ya? Can you keep a secret? :lol: :lock:

trizmoneypit
12-27-2008, 08:24 AM
:postwhore Well I thought it was worth a shot! :lol: :w00t:

300r dude... So you like camping do ya? Can you keep a secret? :lol: :lock:

:shiftyeyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shiftyeyes: