PDA

View Full Version : my new tecate 4

Mikeproc
12-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I got this tecate 4 from speedbump. i got it home and changed it around a little bit to make it my own. It's been a long time since i've been on a 4wheeler but man this thing is fun like no other quad i've owned. i just had to post it up im excited. if you guys ever get a chance to grab a tecate 4 its worth picking up cus they are just so much fun.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/mikex3000/IMG_0610.jpg
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/mikex3000/IMG_0605.jpg
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/mikex3000/IMG_0607.jpg

brapp
12-22-2008, 08:03 AM
awesome quads now if i could just find one for myself!

Itrike
12-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Nice quad! Ive had a couple of them and wish I had kept one. I like them better than the trx , but there are bookoo hondas and parts compared to the t4

R-N-D
12-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Itrike, what haven't you had? I think the list would be shorter on the have not side as opposed to the have side!!

Mikeproc- Nice quad by the way!

Blown 331
12-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Nice. Looks to be in decent shape. Looks like an interesting pipe as well. I have never seen a T4 in person. Seems like out of all the late 80s 2-strokes quads they were the least popular, any idea why? I imagine they have to run pretty damn good. I wouldn't mind picking one up though I'm kinda liking the idea of an LT250R since I've got the other 3 covered with 2-stroke trikes but I don't own one thing Suzuki at all (I don't really like them). lol.

dcreel
12-22-2008, 07:35 PM
What kind of pipe is that on the Tecate 4? Looks like a real nice piece of work.. I would also like to own a Tecate-4 someday..

nd4speed
12-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Looks like a Sprock Anaconda pipe?

Mikeproc
12-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Parts arent too hard to find, i found a few good sites and have an alright kawi dealer near by, so far i've been able to get everything i need. as far as the pipe i believe its a sprock pipe like you said nd4speed, its supposedly a complete sprock 330motor. It is def. a fun quad to ride, i have an all stock 87 tecate4 and that is my woods bike here in ct, more of a beater its almost as clean as this just stock width and motor and such. I just love riding the green ones, i own mostly hondas and a few months ago got a chance to grab so kawi's and im loving it now i need an 86t3!!

ATC-Eric
12-23-2008, 01:33 AM
Very nice! I think eventually Im gonna talk Sprock into lettin me build one out of his MOUNTAIN of parts!

Pretty cool bikes.

rdlsz24
12-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I would love to get one but they are few and far between around here.

Rob

Mikeproc
12-23-2008, 06:47 PM
A really great guy to deal with for custom parts and motor work is Dave Roberts at ILR he makes some really sick stuff. it takes a little while, everything is made to order but it is amazing work.

scooterroo
12-23-2008, 09:50 PM
this is the next one for my collection. i want an 88 with the long travel suspension. just to complete my tecate collection, oh yeah!!!

BigGreenMachine
12-24-2008, 12:52 AM
A really great guy to deal with for custom parts and motor work is Dave Roberts at ILR he makes some really sick stuff. it takes a little while, everything is made to order but it is amazing work.

Pretty sure Dave R built that pipe and not Sprock. I remember Speedbump posting about it here.

Anyway that is a great quad, Speedbump rode it hard but looked after it.

Mikeproc
12-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Pretty sure Dave R built that pipe and not Sprock. I remember Speedbump posting about it here.

Anyway that is a great quad, Speedbump rode it hard but looked after it.

Thanks for the info on the pipe, ill have to give dave a call and find out if he did make this one! Craig is a real cool guy, took a lot of time getting it all freshened up and even got the wheels powder coated for me. even drove out 3 hours to meet me. I still remember watching him slam it all the way up devils backbone at tf06!

Tri-Z Pilot
12-24-2008, 08:22 PM
thats one sweet limey machine, I bet that thing is an arm dislocating behemoth, lol. I want one, they are one of the sharpest lookin quads ever (much better lookin than todays sport quads, the 450R's an LTZ450's, are just ugly in my opinion). the styling is still futuristic, even in 2009, and the pop out headlight is pretty trick.

I spotted a white one (those look sick too) for sale, and I didnt even stop to see about the price. I'm sure it was up there around the 3's.
anyway sweet bike, you gonna bring that to Brapps so I can throw a leg over it? :D

Tri-Z Pilot
12-24-2008, 08:26 PM
p.s. what is that circular piece on the left front fender? looks like it routes to something.

Mikeproc
12-25-2008, 01:31 AM
if i have enough room to bring it to brapps you bet your bottom it'll be there, im waiting on a swingarm skid that dave roberts is making for me and then she'll be tearing up the trails. and yes it pulls pretty damn good! that circle is the cover so you dont see the radiator cap pretty trick. i love the way the bikes look too, like you said i think they look better then the 450s but thats my opinion. Dave roberts 330 motors dyno between 65 and 70hp depending on port work pipe and carb so they can run pretty mean.

NOS_350X
12-26-2008, 02:26 AM
i know where one is for sale, decent bike runs good. I think its about 2000 or 2500.

I personaly hate the bikes, They are a pain in the butt (dam word filter) to work on. and even with a 330 kit are extremely slow compared to good ported 250r.

Tri-Z Pilot
12-26-2008, 03:02 AM
i know where one is for sale, decent bike runs good. I think its about 2000 or 2500.

I personaly hate the bikes, They are a pain in the butt (dam word filter) to work on. and even with a 330 kit are extremely slow compared to good ported 250r.

are you serious? Kawi motors were always known for their power (even though the powerband is usually very peaky), and 65hp, I dont think a ported R would stand a chance. of course it all come down to the rider too. what does a stock R run? 38hp?

Mikeproc
12-27-2008, 02:43 AM
a stock t4 ran 43 hp, i have a couple watercooled 250r's one is a 270 motor from billy, built by ronnie and it rips yes, but the t4 has a much broader powerband, and pulls harder on top. I dont really understand the pain in the butt to work on point either, i've mostly owned old hondas a few yamahas and this is my 4th kawi and they all seem the same to me, not too much special. as far as im concerned any 4 wheeler or 3wheeler is easy compared to a jetski. the only problem i could see would be getting parts fast, most of the parts need to be ordered. this is just my opinion on it, im sure someone has a 250r ported and bored that faster but in no way is a t4 slow

Tri-Z Pilot
12-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah the only difference in maintenance would be the powervalve that I know of (T4's had the KIPS right?) Other than that, if you've worked on one single cyl. two stroke, you've worked on them all.

brapp
12-30-2008, 10:38 PM
i think i may have stumbled on my t-4 for cheap (blown motor) but its alright fo rme i can rebuild it!!!!

Mikeproc
12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
You seem to find all the nice bikes josh! i think you have had every atv or dirtbike or 3wheeler at least once if not more! good luck with the t4 if you do pick it up, maybe ill get to see it if i can make it to pennseltucky 09. have a happy new year too!