PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Pools

SCEADU
12-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Hey guys,

I am starting a frelance design company in the Hi end Swimming Pool industry. I need all the help that I can get right now so I will offer referall pay to any bonified member of this forum with a signed contract. The link below is to one of my ads on Craigslist along with a couple of designs that I have done. If you know of any one thinking about building a "Gunite" pool please pass this along.

https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/shwpst?pii=960970462&db=lv

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/_SCEADU_/Renderings/Renderings/EX9.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/_SCEADU_/Renderings/Renderings/RCChouseForcompetitionIIfinalcut_00.jpg

brapp
12-23-2008, 11:57 AM
wow man that looks cool i need soemthgin leik that program for my excavting work lol and looks expensive lol

Macs
12-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Nice work. I will be looking at getting a pool built in the next 2 - 3 years ( waiting for the girls to get a tad older ). You are a little to far away to hire and build pools that look more expensive than my house, but do you have any pointers? What should i look for in buying a pool. What the most cost effective/ bang for the buck filters, pumps etc. I have talked to a couple of local companies. There where so many options i wasnt sure which is the best and of course they were pushing the most expensive. I have also noticed that fiberglass pools are alot cheaper. How are these compared to the Gunite. I am looking to stay under the $30,000 range. Also how good are the salt filters. I have heard from some that those are the way to go and others have said they are junk that constantly break. Any info would be appreciated.

SCEADU
12-23-2008, 01:13 PM
The first drawing was done for a charity house and was sold for around 100k. They open the house for a month around Thanksgiving and charge admission to the public and the proceeds go to a sponsored charity. The second will be done for a charity as well and it was around 185k. What I am trying to do is put designs together for people of any state and then consult them through the process. The designs start out at a round $350 for something simple on up to $1500 for complete backyard projects includeing outdoor living areas, fireplaces, sunken bars, vanishing edges, and gazeebos.

I am partial to Gunite because of it's longevity. I don't like the fiberglass because there are too many variables that can go wrong when installing them IMO. Vinyl liners are ok but you have to have the liner replaced around 9-15 years and that all depends on chemical balance and maintenance. I tell my local clients that "bridges aren't made of fibelglas or plastic, why would you want your pool to made of it ?"

Do you mean "sand filters"? Or are you refering to "salt chloinators"? Sand filters actually filter out a finer partical but are of a higher maintenance filter. Cartridge filters take less care for a single family pool and in long run save you money in water and chemicals costs because they do not need to be "backwashed". The salt chlorine generators are all I use. They cost a little more but they are less maintenance, easier on your skin, eyes and bathing suits. You will need to replace the generator about every 4-6 years but again in the long run it saves in chemical cost and are a little easier to maintain balance. I am partial to JANDY products when it comes to equipment. They are the big name out there and stand behind their product.

The Goat
12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Ever used one of those shocker devices.

Watter travels through this metal jug wound with copper, at that point it receives a small electric shock, around 9v if I remember right.

We had it for a while, just sand filter and that, no algae for months, but the water was never like glass.

SCEADU
12-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Goat,

If you would have paid attention in chemistry class in stead of oggleing the teacher you would have know that Chlorine comes from salt water!! :wondering J/K

This is how a chlorine generator works. You add salt to the pool water and as it passes though the "cell" an electrical charge changes the saline to chlorine.

KASEY
12-23-2008, 07:50 PM
I HAVE A SALT WATER POOL!!! we love it, no messing with chemicals ,, we put it in 2 years ago,,, fantastic!!

The Goat
12-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey now! My teacher was an eighty year old man, and the device I'm soeakingnof was devoid of anything bsides what I mentioned. No salt, no chemicals, just the shock. It was odd, we saw the design and made it ourselves actually modeled after the pri ts we found. Back to pools...

Excellent looking designs buddy.

SCEADU
12-23-2008, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=The Goat;686832]Hey now! My teacher was an eighty year old man, QUOTE]

All the more reason you should have paid attention!!!

I never heard of the contraption that you speak of, but the salt generators work on that principal.