PDA

View Full Version : my christmass... not good

SYKO
12-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Just to let anyone know if I have any dealings with you they are going to be cut a bit short, on wensday morning, we had to admit my daughter to South GA Medical Center. She has horrible fevers and headaches, medicine isnt curving the fevers or headaches, menengitas has been rulled out though thankfully. We are awating test results from numerous blood results, My Ex wife ihas been currently staying full time with her, with me most of the time durring the day.

Its unkown when she may be discharged, please no one comment on what kind of illness she may have, we have numerous pediatricians allready working on her.

She was unhappy about not being able to spend christmass with me or her mom, but Last night she had a special visitor from the north pole come see her and deleiver some gifts, Ive never seen a smile that big on her in years! it realy cheered her up as she thought she would miss Santa for sure.

This morning me and my fiance' and her mom went and had christmass with her, she got lots of presents from me and my fiance' and her mom.

unfourtunatly shortly after her fever spiked again and shes cant enjoy then.

Im not a terribly religious person, but give some thought to my daughter, I cant stand to see her in such a place at such a time and not be able to do anything.

I hope everone else's christmass was merry!

Erics350x
12-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear that man, we'll be praying for all of you.

firehart
12-25-2008, 05:53 PM
May you receive one of Christmas's many miracles. We will be praying for you and your family.

DeePa
12-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Best of Luck...

Billy Golightly
12-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Wow I'm really sorry to hear about all this, I'm sure she'll get well soon and everything will be back to normal. Meanwhile If theres anything I can do for you, just let me know man.

luke
12-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I hope she gets well soon, but dont think you can't do anything. Spend all the time you can with her and she'll feel the love.

Saul
12-25-2008, 07:41 PM
I've got a daughter 10 years old man - I can only imagine what your going through.

She will be in our families prayers for sure!!

250RNUT
12-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Best wishes to you and your family, Hope everything will turn out OK.

tanks350x
12-25-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear tat bud, I'm sure the doctors will pin point what is wrong, and hopefully have her feeling better soon.

KASEY
12-25-2008, 07:57 PM
we all hope you and your daughter recieve our christmas goodness ,,,,, prayers go out for her recovery,,,
http://catholicconvert.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/you-are-in-my-thoughts-and-prayers-candle-and-hands.jpg

SeaBass8
12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Hang in there man. Nothing worse then when your child is not feeling well.

Hope she gets well soon.

SYKO
12-25-2008, 10:42 PM
I appreciate the kind words guys, when I was up there tonight she was a little grouch becouse she hasnt been able to sleep in nearly 48 hrs. Im hopong tomorow were going to be able to know something about what may be causing here fevers and headaches.

Shes also severly dehydrated and has been on an IV since she was admitted.

Vealmonkey
12-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Wow. I'll make sure and say an extra special prayer for your daughter and your family. Just try and hang in there and be strong in this trying time. There is nothing more traumatic and more exasperating than seeing a child in distress.

300rman
12-25-2008, 11:03 PM
My uncle's in-law's mother died christmas morning this year. talk about a great day. my grandpa died last new year, january 1st, at 2am.....another great phone call in the middle of a party.

best wishes for your daughter, ill keep her in the prayers bud :)

honda250sx
12-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Alan may your daughter make a quick and speedy recovery. Merry Christmas.

atctim
12-25-2008, 11:17 PM
You are in my thoughts Alan - Hope you get some good mind easing news tomorrow.

Have a good one buddy!

Tri-Z Pilot
12-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah bro I'll be pullin for your family along with everyone else. If you ever need to vent or talk to someone, we will always have an open ear, (or eye).

best of luck, it's just sad this had to happen on Christmas of all times, but would rather it hadnt happened at all.

peace,
Ty

Louis Mielke
12-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Shawn72
12-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Thinking of you and your family Syc

cybrman
12-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Will keep your daughter in our thoughts and prayers....
Best of luck for a speedy diagnosis and recovery!

ATC-Eric
12-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear Alan. Keep us posted good buddy.

SYKO
12-26-2008, 11:09 AM
well I got word this morning thats shes feeling better, and that she ate her breakfest, wich would be the first time she really ate anything since tuesday. Im fixing to be going up there to see how shes doing her shortly. Once again thanx for all the kind words.

ditchmud
12-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Very sad news, I hope for a miraculous turn around.

cajun66
12-26-2008, 11:21 AM
We'll put in a good word for y'all.

honda_atc200es
12-26-2008, 09:29 PM
i hope she gets well soon man, glad to hear shes doing better though

SYKO
12-26-2008, 10:29 PM
they discharged her this afternoon, her headaches have subsided but her fever is still going up and down but it hasnt gotten past 102 since last night. They sent her home with a pile of perscriptions for various pain relievers and anitbiotics, and as soon as they hear something onf the blood results we may finaly know what was wrong or still is wrong.

she was excited to get out of the hospital to say the least, me and her mom wen't though, we would rather her stay their untill she was completly better.

she has a few docktors apt's next week hopefully we'll know something then.

shes a trooper!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/FREINDS%20AND%20FAMILY/Picture.jpg

Vealmonkey
12-26-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm glad to hear she's doing a little better. A smile and a "thumbs up", really is the sign that she is a trooper. Tell her we all wish her the best.

Custom200
12-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Thats good to hear. You can see she's a strong little gal.No but I know how the holidays can be a hard time. On the 21st two of my buddies had a fatal accidnet on their atv. Both were on the same bike and went over a 200 foot cliff into salt water. Their bodies still have't been found. What can you do I guess?

Tri-Z Pilot
12-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Good news bud!:beer Hopefully it just turns out to be something she ate, or a fluke flu bug or something like that. She certainly is a trooper, gotta love the thumbs up!

Well keep us posted dad!

ATC-Eric
12-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Poor girl. She must have some Gorilla in her to pull through that crap over Christmas with a thumbs up!

ditchmud
12-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Thats good news

Eric250R
12-27-2008, 01:10 AM
we will be praying for her tonight.... god be with her.

LonesomeTriZ
12-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Melissa is passing back through that way when she reruns home. Let her know if she can do anything.

YAMA-MAMA
12-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Louis sent me the link and I read through the entire thread (something i rarely do) Im glad little one is home. I will try to call you tomorrow (sat) at a decent hour. Tell her if she is well enough we will make the time for her and Chase to ride together when we come through. I know she really wanted to ride with him the last time. let us know if we can do anything for you all, My thoughts and paryers are with all of you.

dreadhed
12-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Damn man sorry to read that....but being she's your kid I'm better she's a fighter...he he..best of luck to her

Russell 350X
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Good to hear shes feeling better, and it doesnt go back to what it was, I'll be thinkin of ya.

factoryX
12-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Thats good to hear. You can see she's a strong little gal.No but I know how the holidays can be a hard time. On the 21st two of my buddies had a fatal accidnet on their atv. Both were on the same bike and went over a 200 foot cliff into salt water. Their bodies still have't been found. What can you do I guess?

????????????????

brappette
12-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Having two little girls myself right now, I can not imagine what you guys are going through, BEST OF LUCK for a speedy recovery. By the looks of the pic with the thumbs up she is FIGHTER and a TROOPER. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and hope the New Year brings good news.....

Tri-Z 250
12-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Good to read things are better...I was wondering on the Dr.'s word? Viral? Doesn't matter the thumbs up was good for me. Have a Happy New Year!!

SYKO
12-29-2008, 01:58 PM
we wont know what she had till all the blood work comes back, come got sent to a contagious deasese doctor and some to other places. Shes feeling better now but still worn down from being sic for so long.

Custom200
12-29-2008, 02:17 PM
hey factory x. No just relating about hard thigs that happen over the holidays. I cant relate about having kids but still someting bad to someone close, sorry if it came out of nowhere. That happened in the local area not long ago. ....Hey syko sounds like shs coming along great. Its expected that she'd be wore out from being sick. Its hard on you, but she's tough and and only gonna be stronger when shes fully better.

TrailerRider
12-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Glad to hear she is feelin better. Our youngest son had that kind of thing happen to him one night and he was there for 2 days without knowing why fever sickness was happening. When we got him there they put him in a bath tub full of ice. No Joke! It is the absolute worst feeling there is. They never did figure out what happend. I don't usually pray because I believe that god wants us to make it on our own. (Just me) But brother I will pray for her and your family.

One thing that always seems to get my engry level backup to par is chicken soup. Not store bought I mean real home made chicken soup. Cook some chicken and save broth. Through a bunch of different veggies in there and noodles and let her have it. I know most kids hate veggeis as do mine but it always seems to get'em backup on their feet ASAP.

Prayer for you:

Lord, Please help this family in need of your touch of grace. They need you more then ever now. Please, Please help them pass this hurrdle without anymore pain and suffering. Please heal their daughter and watch over their family.

Thanks lord, You rock man.
(yes I always tell him he rocks, I know I like to hear it :) )

Rich

Dirtcrasher
12-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey Alan, I hope your beautiful daughter is doing well.....

I must have missed this post.

I've never had a child, but an animal alone being sick makes me enough of an emotional wreck to only imagine how you feel.

Hopefully something will show up, sometimes tests take forever and they need the right person has to view them.

Take care and I hope your family has a happy New Year!

Mike_Ham_250R
01-03-2009, 03:10 AM
I really really hope you find out what was wrong and that she is feeling better.

I am very sorry to hear that about your Christmas and I will say prayers for you and her. I am no parent so I can only imagine what your going through.

SYKO
01-03-2009, 11:06 AM
well shes doing better now, some of the blood tests have come back negative for all kinds of stuff, but we are waiting on the mono and herpes tests as they are auto immune deseases, she allready had mono when she was 3, so it could have been a reavcourence.

If they find out it was they can give her medicine to help fight it from comming back, but that sucks as well I dont know how many of you have kids that have to take at least 8-12 pills a day for various reasons, that in itself is heartbreaking.

Thankyou for all the kind words.

maggiesboy
01-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I missed this thread myself, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter Syko. May the doctors, and the higher beings (whomever they are) help her recover fast without pain.

The Pellham Family