PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found in my yard this morning

atctim
12-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Well I got a wide awakening out of bed this morning with a terrible crashing outside. Looked out and saw this coming in for a landing

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/garage/resize1.jpg

Not good - bad bad winds here. Gotta go put up plastic now. Here is where it came from

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/garage/resize2.jpg

honda250sx
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
HOLY trailpro ... Super high winds here in NY. I was just at the dealership I work for part time rangling in the snowmobile trailers that were strune across a four lane road!

SYKO
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
wow! to much eve on that roof!! gotta do it like FL no eves on homes so all the huricans dont blow the roofs off!

I would have rode it out!lol!

Dirtcrasher
12-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I guess thats your building??.... Thats too bad......

Did screws and or other fastners tear out? Any idea how to anchor it down better?

Those flat 2x4's look to be about 4' on center, how were those attached to the rafters?? Looks like strapping ran perpendicular to the roof rafters and then these flat 2x4's supporting the roof were screwed/nailed to that strapping??

I'm sure your gears are already turning!!

I think this is the type of building Jeff (Honda250SX) was just discussing with me yesterday. I'm running out of room super fast!!

The neighbor has a metal building with a curved roof that all bolts together. Seems to work great and they paid a good price, unfortunately the Clydesdale horses are too tall and whack there stupid heads into all the bolts :lol: resulting in horses with scars and cuts everywhere!!

Hope you get it back together soon bud :beer:

jeffatc250r
12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
EEEEK!!! Well atleast it didnt take out anything or anyone! Your dogs must of been like WTF!

dirtface
12-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm only about 1/2 an hour from Tim and Shelly and I know what he's talking about when he says it's windy. I can't believe we still have power. Sorry to see what happened to your roof, will you be able to put it back on or will you have to buy new? Grab a couple Amish, they'll help ya.:w00t:

Saul
12-28-2008, 03:56 PM
poor dog - bet it scared the crap outta it!!

atctim
12-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I guess thats your building??.... Thats too bad......

Did screws and or other fastners tear out? Any idea how to anchor it down better?

Those flat 2x4's look to be about 4' on center, how were those attached to the rafters?? Looks like strapping ran perpendicular to the roof rafters and then these flat 2x4's supporting the roof were screwed/nailed to that strapping??

I'm sure your gears are already turning!!

I think this is the type of building Jeff (Honda250SX) was just discussing with me yesterday. I'm running out of room super fast!!

The neighbor has a metal building with a curved roof that all bolts together. Seems to work great and they paid a good price, unfortunately the Clydesdale horses are too tall and whack there stupid heads into all the bolts :lol: resulting in horses with scars and cuts everywhere!!

Hope you get it back together soon bud :beer:

Well - no - the 2X4s were 2 foot on center, but I only screwed the roofing metal to every other board - so 4 foot centers for being screwed. The pieces of 2X4s that were screwed to the roof are still hooked to it - the other ones are still on the rafters.

The biggest 2 problems were - too short of nails on the boards - and no soffit and fascia up yet - was gonna happen in the spring.

Now Iam going out to try to filp this "billboard" over. Got some people to come help.

Russell 350X
12-28-2008, 07:08 PM
That sucks man. we had some bad winds here also, took down some trees this morning.

atctim
12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Grab a couple Amish, they'll help ya.:w00t:

Done deal - the neighbor was here on my porch at 7AM wondering when we were gonna start - I didn't even have to ask - purely good people!!!

Anyway - the old roof is back on - waiting for a check from the insurance company and a nice spring day to replace it with new steel!