Last Years Deer :)
http://ATCRiders.QuadFMX.com/images/deer
Two of my shotguns
http://ATCRiders.QuadFMX.com/images/guns.jpg
the top one is a Ithica 12 guage pump
the bottom is a New England 20 guage single shot

Jeb
07-02-2003, 01:52 PM
I have a new england 20 ga. just like that one. I've had it for 14 years.

Not a bad buck there. I haven't hunted deer in over 10 years. my brother does. I try to dove hunt each season. I enjoy bird hunting.

NebraskaTrikeRider
07-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Not a bad buck there. I haven't hunted deer in over 10 years. my brother does. I try to dove hunt each season. I enjoy bird hunting.

I am also more of a bird hunter. I am starting to get back into deer hunting but goose, duck and dove hunting are by far my favorite.

ATC crazy
07-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Does hunting fish with a 20ga. count? :rolleyes:

I havn't hunted lately but would like to get into some bird hunting soon with my new Mossberg

87 250SX
07-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Heck ya ATC Crazy as long as the game warden dosnt see you. :rolleyes:

Russell 350X
07-02-2003, 09:01 PM
I hunt alot. Mainly deer during bow season (im only 15). but i do alot of squirll, woodchuck, and turkey. i mainly use a mossburg 500 12ga. but i use my ruger 10/22 alot too.thats a fun little gun :bounce

YamaChuck
07-02-2003, 10:52 PM
I hunt in the Northern Adirondacks of NY State. Don't have any digital pics of the deer I shot last year but managed to tip over a nice 187 pound 8 point using my Ruger Model MK77 in a .270 cal with a Leupold 3+9+40 Vari-X111 scope(left handed). Enjoy hunting turkey, partridge, rabbits and those fricken red squirrels that keep getting into our camps. I also have a Remington 870 Magnum pump(left handed), .50 cal. Knight muzzleloader and of course the old standby Ruger 10/22 with a Leupold 4X scope (love giving those squirrels a third eye with that!). Happy hunting guys.

PowerTrike
07-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Yeah I hunt. Whitetail Deer and Ruffed Grouse mostly. Every once in a while i get the urge to give a squirrel a "third eye" ;) My main deergun is a Remington 30-06 auto. Also between my dad and I we own a .308/ 2 .12 ga./ .20 ga./a million pellet/bb guns/.357 revolver/.44 mag w/scope/3 .22/.222/ a 10-22/ and a very rare Remington .348 rifle (Winchester bullets are the only ones we could find ($60 a box :shock: ) They are made in a special production once a year.

Edit: forgot the .16 ga.

soon2becomeaowner
07-04-2003, 03:54 AM
I am against hunting. I just dont understand why do you guys need to hunt for? It's killing. If you guys are hungry, go to Mc Donalds around the block. It's not the 1800's......You guys are killing innocent animals for no reason!! what if the deer you just killed was looking for food for it's newborn? It's not even fair..The animal doesnt even get an fair chance of fighting for it's life...

I have respect for hunters, who need the food, (really do, have no money) Uses a Knife only, no stupid scopes, so the poor animal doesnt even get an chance!!

atcmatt
07-04-2003, 05:33 AM
im a bowhunter. i cant stand it when people are against hunting. i dont see the fun in shooting deer, pigs and whatever with huge magnum like the 375 h&h wilcat, rifles at hundreds of metres. i prefer bow hunting. but i do shoot rifles occasionally. mostly a .22 or magnum but sometimes i shoot the .243. with my bow ive shot:
* 9 or so rabbits
* A goat (nanny)
*a cat that got away
* big billy that got away.
in a few days im goin out west ( nsw australia) aftrer pigs and im hoping there are some goats there aswell..............sure enough my ever reliable es will come too......................ill let you know how i go!!!!!

matt

atcmatt
07-04-2003, 06:27 AM
me shootin the 7mm-08 at far west (Carinda, NSW Outback) and the second one me (with bow) with my first rabbit and will the kid at the farm

ATC crazy
07-04-2003, 07:02 PM
If you guys are hungry, go to Mc Donalds around the block.

Well...ya see...McDonalds costs 5-6 bucks and hunting only costs 1 buck.
(Get it..."Bucks" :D :D )

Deer are overpopulated anyways...they will start to get into the cities and hit by vehicles, damaging crops, dying from starvation, etc....
We eat them...its not like they're going to waste.

It's not even fair..The animal doesnt even get an fair chance of fighting for it's life...

Uhhhhhh...have you been on the wrong side of a buck?? :shock:

TimSr
07-04-2003, 09:14 PM
If you guys are hungry, go to Mc Donalds around the block. It's not the 1800's......You guys are killing innocent animals for no reason!!

I realize people have questioned how much "meat" is in a McD's burger, but last time I checked it was still primarily made up of dead cow flesh. I certainly hope the cow I ate from did not die of natural causes.

YamaChuck
07-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Heck I don't have anything against guys who are against hunting. Somebody needs to drive the wives to the mall for some shopping while the men go to camp. ;)

Coty
07-06-2003, 09:12 PM
i want to get into hunting but around here its hard to find a huntin spot that don't already have 10 guys hunting on it at the same time... and hell with the gun i have that is deadly....

Browning A-Bolt .300 Win. Magnum w/ Leupold scope that has like 8 different settings.

I will get some pics when i can get it out of my Grandmothers gun case, i keep it there for security reasons. alot of people want my gun and i won't give it up, it means the world to me, my granddad left it to me when i was 6 yrs old, when he died..

pics will be up soon.

Jeb
07-08-2003, 10:31 AM
I have respect for hunters, who need the food, (really do, have no money) Uses a Knife only, no stupid scopes, so the poor animal doesnt even get an chance!!

Uses a knife only??? should a man whose hungry not be allowed every benefit of modern technology to Swiftly, Cleanly, and Safely kill the animal he NEEDS to eat?? Killing a deer with a knife is way more in-human than one accurate shot from a high-power rifle with a scope. The deer never knows what hit it. To hunt deer with a knife a hungry man would probably starve to death! Even if he could actually sneak up on one and get close enough to cut it with a knife, you think that would be a "clean" kill?????? I know if I was a deer I'd rather bleed to death slowly from suffering multiple knife wounds and/or a cut throat.
As said before, I'm not a deer hunter but I have hunted in the past. I'm all for a persons right to hunt and own fire-arms. I think some guys do get totally ridiculous on what they spend and how they hunt. I respect open-site hunting, without feeders & blinds. I personally think feeders and blinds is just "setting & waiting" and not hunting. Lets say the starving man in your analogy shoots a cow with a high powered rifle with a scope? Since he's starving is that more humane than taking a deer?????? What gives a deer or a dove more right to survival than a cow?? just because they are "innocent, pretty woodland creatures"?? Believe it or not, some people actually like venison. The stuff you spout is totally ridiculous. let's take someone elses freedom away just because you don't agree with it. sure sounds like the life of human being is not worth as much as woodland creatures lives are to you. that's whats sad about most anti-hunters and eco-freaks.

....You guys are killing innocent animals for no reason!! what if the deer you just killed was looking for food for it's newborn? It's not even fair..The animal doesnt even get an fair chance of fighting for it's life...

Last I remember, one of the reasons deer season is when it is, is because it minimizes the chances of orphaned new-born fawns. speaking of this, the bucks these guys are shooting are males and ARE NOT foraging for food for newborns anyway. The does (female) don't bring food to newborns either. the new borns suckle like most mammals in this world do until they are ready to start foraging for food on their own, which they learn from their mother.

ATC Crazy also hit the nail on the head. Deer are pests. They make driving at night in rural areas dangerous. I know, I've hit one before and I wish someone had shot it during deer season or even poaching so It wouldn't have jumped in front of my vehicle, risking my life and costing me several hundred dollars damage. The damn thing ended up dead and wasted anyway.

TimSr had a very good point too.

Russell 350X
07-08-2003, 06:03 PM
I am against hunting. I just dont understand why do you guys need to hunt for? It's killing. If you guys are hungry, go to Mc Donalds around the block. It's not the 1800's......You guys are killing innocent animals for no reason!! what if the deer you just killed was looking for food for it's newborn? It's not even fair..The animal doesnt even get an fair chance of fighting for it's life.

The reason I hunt is for food. Us hunters don't just go shoot a deer or something and throw it away, we eat it. And it alot heathier than the Mcdonalds sh*t. I swear, vension has to be the best meat ever!

[/quote]soon2becomeaowner wrote:

[/quote]

Hunting with a knife?? Thats insane, and dumb. For one you probly wouldnt catch the deer (or whatever it is) and second it would cause it alot of pain. I agree with Jeb, if your gonna kill somthing kill it with a clean shot, so it dosent suffer. I shoot alot of woodchucks to minimize crop damage. I do this alot for local farmers. Its a hell of alot better than having holes in your hay fields!

Trikeaholic
07-08-2003, 06:47 PM
dont hunt, have no problem with it though. Might give it a try with the neighbors this year. Venison is darn good eatin, plus, we have an overpopulation of deer around here, since the sasquatch were all abducted by the aliens.

ATC crazy
07-08-2003, 07:52 PM
LMAO 'holic

Venison is great but Moose and Elk are the best. Ever had any?