PDA

View Full Version : Safe riding classes

firehart
12-31-2008, 11:54 PM
Has anybody ever taken their trike to a safe riding class? I am going to have to get a certificate of completion to ride in Oregon. I'll probably take my Rancher to take the test, I'd like to try one of the obsticle courses with a trike.

boosted96cobra
01-03-2009, 03:19 AM
My 8 year old son did. Here in Utah if your under 18 you must have a drivers license (16+) or if your over 8 you can get an atv license. So when he turned 8 he went and took the class.

Of course when my son showed up on a trike, the instructor had to single him out and tell the class how unsafe they were and tell my wife how they made 4 wheeler kits for older 3 wheelers.

After most of the sections of the class were done and my son had showed up the whole class (especially in the climbs, burms and sidehilling stuff) and from 4 witnesses did better than the teacher, all they could do was praise him and his machine.

Go figure that a kid on a trike could ride, and all the ones on quads couldn't. I'm glad i started him on a trike, it will help his ability even if he ends up on a quad.

maggiesboy
01-05-2009, 11:56 AM
For those of us that live outside of the great state of Oregon, there is a website for the kids to take the class. As of 2 weeks ago, it was not yet up and running.

83ATC185S
01-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Time was my riding class. I didnt even know they make atv licenses