PDA

View Full Version : ? 70cc drag & mx races at TF09 ?

Daddio
01-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Would it Be possible to have classes for the 70s in the drags and mx this year if enough of them show up. It sure seems like a bunch of people are buying and fixing them up. I think it would be neat. Maybe have a stock class and a modified class for the big bores. :naughty: Just a thought.

The Goat
01-02-2009, 03:41 AM
...don't say that...cause a 70 is one bike I could actually transport in my car to trikefest.

torker
01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I think it's a great idea. I'm not sure about mot-x in the un-suspended little things. But maybe a few good laps somewhere on the trail, not too big, with natural terrain would be great, If posible..

Drags will be slow and a lot of fun :lol: . Maybe 4 wide in the same 2 lanes? That will make it challenging. Absolutely something to think about.

Plus it gives me more trike option to buy when I get there. :naughty: :naughty:
Just my .02 cents.

TORKER.

The Goat
01-02-2009, 11:29 AM
When I was little I used to catch at least 2 ft vertical air on my 70... The landings weren't as hard as you'd imagine...that was 210 pounds ago though.

sandpuppi101
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Well I suppose if there were enough interest in having the little 70's as there own class in the Drag's,something could be worked out ,but it would all depend on interest . They would have to go thru the tech inspection's along with all the other trike's also though,reason being I know that those little bugger's can be tricked out,just like the bigger trike's ,but I think all and all it would be a fun class to have.As far as the MX I am not in charge of that but I know the 70's have been ran in the un-suspended in year's past,but as far as Drag's if there is enough interest I don't see a problem with it..

Daddio
01-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Well I suppose if there were enough interest in having the little 70's as there own class in the Drag's,something could be worked out ,but it would all depend on interest . They would have to go thru the tech inspection's along with all the other trike's also though,reason being I know that those little bugger's can be tricked out,just like the bigger trike's ,but I think all and all it would be a fun class to have.As far as the MX I am not in charge of that but I know the 70's have been ran in the un-suspended in year's past,but as far as Drag's if there is enough interest I don't see a problem with it..

That would be really cool. I guess it's time to get the word out. If this were to take place what would be the limit on mods be before you get moved into the stock class? Do you think aftermarket exhaust and open airfilter would be acceptable for the stock class. I'm in the process of building a mostly stock, all stock Honda 70 engine, but the exhaust is all messed up so I was thinking about an aftermarket one.

sandpuppi101
01-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Do you think aftermarket exhaust and open airfilter would be acceptable for the stock class.

I would think that those mod's would still be acceptable to the stock class,the thing that I would be looking for mostly would be mod's like the 88cc topend and stuff like that.I would still like to keep the rule's up in the air for the moment though Daddio ,just for a bit here,so we can see what interest there is,and I don't wanna commit to some rule now and end up being the bad guy later down the road,if ya know what I mean..But I'll keep up on this and see where it goes, in the meanwhile all of ya's that are interested should start ralling the troop's to see what kind of interest everybody actually has in a 70 cc class,but Daddio you know I'll work with ya's on this- no problem,it sound's like a blast and could be a really fun class or classes for the little 70's..Just keep me updated guy's on what you's wanna do as a group..I'd like to finalize any and all rule's by the end of March so everybody can get on there build's.

ParrotGreenUS90
01-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Has a date been set for TF 09? ATC70 racing would be cool to see or compete in. More of a fun time as I know my stock 70 could be lapped several times.

Kintore
01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Dont worry buddy, a quick flick of the hand you just shut off the other atc70's on the kill switch lol

big specht
02-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Hell yea we need to race some 70s we are planning on coming this year after we talked to Daddio last sat . We have some atc 70s that are not stock that we flat track . We are racing this sat at summit county mx indoor track.

Gag_Halfront
04-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Sorry I'm late to the thread, but I plan to race my 70 I'll be in the "You're actually gonna ride that POS?!?" class for sure.

CRAZY70MAN
04-03-2009, 06:31 PM
I will be there with ya' on the pos swamp lady, the old ugly biotch!! Not stock but man that son of a you know what is ugly as S@%$# ya'll. Might bring my stocker blue 83 Christmas special for a stock 70 dragger??? Hate to jack up those pretty hard to find blue fenders though?:eek: :eek: :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce check this craphole out lol lol lol........ man it loves the mud though..... http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_Picture346.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view&current=Picture346.jpg)

Jared200x
04-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm up for it,...I'll bring 2 -70's........Jared200x

Daddio
04-05-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm up for it,...I'll bring 2 -70's........Jared200x

I'll bring the Rum.:naughty:

Russell 350X
04-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Would a Zinger be aloud in the basement racing? I know its a pinger and tends to smoke it out in there. If not its no big deal, it would be cool tho.

Gag_Halfront
04-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah... Wouldn't want it to get smokey in the basement! LOL!

I don't think health and safety are huge priorities in the outlaw basement races. Bring the ping!

Billy Golightly
04-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Since we don't have an exact "governing rule book" I can't say its not aloud, but it might cheapen the experience somewhat by smoking it up so bad that you cant be in and around as long. Thats just my .02