PDA

View Full Version : just got a lt250R have a ?

New2ATC
01-02-2009, 08:19 PM
hey all I recently got a suzuki quadracer 250 and it came with a spare engine and 2 extra cylinders and a few other odds and ends. well anyway I got it cheap and it did run but the guy I got it off of said it started puffing white smoke and didn't ride it since he noticed that. anyone have an idea what that might be? I was thinking the head gasket considering I see little drips of water coming out of the head after I kicked it over a few times. also it looks like the flywheel was welded on. anyone have any ideas how to remove the weld to be able to pull the flywheel off? I want to try to get this one running while I rebuild the other engine that came with it.any help would be great thanks in advanced guys and I apologize for the spelling I'm on my phone cause I don't have the net at my house.
thanks again

SWIGIN
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
like anything welded you need to grind the weld out and probably ruin the flywheel and that half of the crank.

brapp
01-03-2009, 01:12 AM
yeah just cut the crank and dont even mess with it try to save the stator and cases you can stillget a ims hot rods crank and the majority of the elactrical but a flywheel shoudl be no rpoblem they are identical for a 250 or a 500 i won both . and as far as head gasket issue it also could be the headgasket going bad, a cracked water jacket or a serie sof the rproblems but also coudl be the type of 2 stroke oil used also? but my 250 personaly had head issues so i indexed the hea din a lathe and then cut o ring groves in it to take up the diffrence and elimate the head gaskey issue i was having. but i also kno the earlier lt's also had issues with base gaskets arougn the back of the cylinders wher ethe carb and reed block conects to the crankcase halves. just my .002 cents

New2ATC
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I cleaned the carb and got fresh gas in it and tried to kick it over,it will backfire every now and then but no starting. took the plug out its wet and has a nice blue spark, but I did notice when I took the plug out and put it back in it would backfire first kick. could it just need a new plug? I was thinking that or it doesn't have the compression it needs.i have a spare motor just need to measure the piston and get the right cylinder for it, but I would like to see if this one will run first so I can rebuild the other one.

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
www.quadracerhq.com best site for them

brapp
01-22-2009, 12:46 PM
it sound sliek they welde dthe flywheel on caus eof the key shearing off. and they are verry touchy if its a few degrees out it willback fire and if you pullit with anothe rbike fast enough it will run backwardslol

New2ATC
01-22-2009, 06:04 PM
lol running backwards eh? haven't seen that before. Anyways according to the guy I got it off of the flywheel had been welded on before he got it aswell and he rode it like that up until about 2 months ago..i don't know if I want to tear into it and fix it or just try to sell or trade it for something not as much of a project..i don't have time to work on it or the money really but I could do it slowly...i just want to ride lol.

cr480r
01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
those engines are really easy to work on... the cases practically fall in half when take them apart... you could fix that engine in one evening if you had all the parts.. I would get a crank, bearings, seals, and gaskets when you can afford it

atvmxr
02-05-2009, 12:38 AM
www.quadracerhq.com best site for them

+ infinity :D