PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a 4moto

redneck250es
01-08-2009, 12:03 AM
My brother just bought a cheap 86 yamaha ytf200. he got it cheap because it would only go into gear some times.

Anyway he also said he broke the shifter segmet for the shifter. we replaced that today . the bike will not move at all if a person is sitting on it, but if you put the rear end up on a axle stand she will turn the wheels in all gears.

could it be the clutch? I may have over tightened the clutch springs:cry:

thefox
01-08-2009, 12:35 AM
You can't overtighten the clutch springs so that's not it (well I guess if you snap or strip the bolts then they are overtightened).

I adjusting the clutch would be the first step. The last Yami I had that did the same thing ended up having a broken adjuster arm. I had the clutch cover off but the adjuster was too tight and when I put the clutch cover back on it broke the arm.

bad350
01-08-2009, 02:07 AM
if its a blaster, they are notorius for breaking the shift star and shift forks, if it is the shift star it is an inexpersive and easy fix

redneck250es
01-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Nope its not a blaster, Just a basic 2wd wheeler. I think when you say shift star you might be talking about the peice we all ready replaced. I did try turning the nut on the out side of the case but it didnt seem to help

thefox
01-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Clutch Adjustment -
On the right side engine (clutch) cover there is a nut, loosen it. Then turn the screw that is on the inside of the nut Counterclockwise until slight resistance is felt. Now turn the screw clockwise 1/8 turn. Then while holding the screw in place tighten the nut.

redneck250es
01-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks man. As soon as I seen your post i went out and tryed it. Bam works perfect:beer

thefox
01-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Great to hear! Have fun on it!