PDA

View Full Version : What happens when all the oil runs out?

UlsterATCFan
01-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Anyone given any thought to this? Its a very interesting subject. Alot of scientists believe that the world is already at peak oil production as the Middle Eastern countries' estimates of their oil reserves are almost definitely inflated. Interesting days ahead thats for sure, if we are at peak production and no more huge reserves are discovered its all downhill. It seems in the US you guys are already adding 5% ethanol to all gasoline, a possible sign of things to come :idea:

topless
01-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Not to worry, there are way more oil deposits than we'll use up in the next 100 years. Oil producers almost stopped drilling back in the early 1980's because Middle East oil was so cheap, it wasn't cost effective. Drilling spiked again last summer when the price got so high, but now it's almost stopped again. When OPEC finally runs out, other oil fields will be developed.
The next source for gasoline/diesel will be algae. BTW, diesel was invented to run on vegetable oil, not petroleum.
The reason for ethanol in gasoline is MTBE was used after they took out lead, and then found to be carcinogenic.

Shawn72
01-08-2009, 09:32 AM
We'll probably be past fossil fuels by then. Hopefully. Just in case I'm going to get a couple 55gal drums and put back. It would suck having a nice pretty tri-z and no oil to run it with. : ( lol

SYKO
01-08-2009, 09:34 AM
as long as i got alittle for my lowriders and my 2 strokes Im good. I'll probably be worm food when it finaly runs out, sucks for the kiddos

300rman
01-08-2009, 04:46 PM
We'll probably be past fossil fuels by then. Hopefully. Just in case I'm going to get a couple 55gal drums and put back. It would suck having a nice pretty tri-z and no oil to run it with. : ( lol

Gas will not keep for more than a year or so :( same with the new diesel, it algae-like crap grows in it now.

you know, they have re-discovered oil in wells that ran dry years ago? we arent running out of oil any time soon......all the oil that is close to the surface is running out, the "easy to get" stuff.....but they havent even tapped the deep oil fields yet.

out here in napoleon, OH, there is a guy with a 400-something horse mustang getting over 100 MPG. he's being covered by the news, and he intends on opening a production factory and selling and installing these devices. he had refused big companies buying it, because he doesnt want the technology buried.
story HERE http://masslogics.com/truckingnews/a-green-muscle-car-110-mpg-mustang-does-0-60-in-3-seconds/

SYKO
01-08-2009, 07:20 PM
out here in napoleon, OH, there is a guy with a 400-something horse mustang getting over 100 MPG. he's being covered by the news, and he intends on opening a production factory and selling and installing these devices. he had refused big companies buying it, because he doesnt want the technology buried.
story HERE http://masslogics.com/truckingnews/a-green-muscle-car-110-mpg-mustang-does-0-60-in-3-seconds/

there not enough infot there to make that claim creditable. Waiting on a patent.. bullskit, someone would have stolen that vehicle allready and done it themselfs or released it allready..

300rman
01-08-2009, 09:45 PM
there not enough infot there to make that claim creditable. Waiting on a patent.. bullskit, someone would have stolen that vehicle allready and done it themselfs or released it allready..

google search it, theres quite a few sites covering it.
a local newsgroup covered it recently too.

The Goat
01-08-2009, 09:52 PM
you do realize that there is no such thing as "fossil fuels" right?

lol...look up when that theory was developed...if you don't laugh, you're insane.

we learned about some of this in geology a few semesters ago.

there's another member on here who's aware of it...might be dixieplowboy

Yamada
01-08-2009, 10:29 PM

lol...look up when that theory was developed...if you don't laugh, you're insane.

69HemiGTX??????

The Goat
01-08-2009, 10:35 PM
point is is not going to run out any time soon. there is an oil pocket under louisiana at around 100-150k feet that is larger than the middle east pocket ever was. That's straight from an engineer 15 years ago when I was listening in on the grown folks convos.

Billy Golightly
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
The oilfield over in the FL panhandle the "Jay" field is known to be nearly as large as the reserve field in ANWRA. The oil isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If we could just get the idiot politicians and greenies to actually poke some holes in the ground on this side of the planet we'd be good to go.

Shawn72
01-09-2009, 05:33 AM

AHHHH.....good humor is lost on some.

Tri-Z Pilot
01-10-2009, 03:50 AM
google search it, theres quite a few sites covering it.
a local newsgroup covered it recently too.

If I told you Prince Albert was in a can I bet you would try to let him out. Just cause its in the news doesnt mean its still not a scam. There was a dude a about 20 years ago that dressed up like a lady and got people to invest millions of dollars in a prototype that was gonna be the dawn of automobiles staggerin in at a whopping 300mpg. Come unveiling time there was no company, no prototype, and the president wasnt the well spoken lady she led everyone to believe. I cant remember if they ever caught him. Look at this douche that just got caught imbezeling billions of dollars. The flock can easily be led astray by a wolf in sheeps clothing promising greener grass on the other side. Suckers are born every minute. I still dont know why mega rich people feel they need to invest their money, its not like they will ever be able to spend the half of it in a lifetime

piroguedog
01-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Your engine blows up when all the oil runs out.

The Goat
01-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Not if it's a Briggs pullstart lawn mower!

piroguedog
01-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Not if it's a Briggs pullstart lawn mower!

:lol: .....................................

tanks350x
01-11-2009, 08:48 AM
If all the oil runs out, don't worry about it, just run a full synthetic,, end of story