PDA

View Full Version : COFFEE drinkers!! wassup?!

SYKO
01-09-2009, 09:30 PM
who here drinks the dark brew?

Ive been drinkin since about 12, I dont necessarly need it, I go weeks at a time withought it, but there is something about having a nice warm cup of coffee in the morning while getting your day started.

I take mine french or dark roast with alittle creamer or milk and just a dab of sugar

My fiance' got me a KRUPS expresso/cappuchino/ coffee maker for christmass and I love it!

first time I ever had to grind my own coffee beans! before I always baught allready ground, man Ive been missing out! I love it!

And making my own expresso?! this thing rulz!! Highly recomended to any coffee buff out there!

So who else drinks coffe? whats your style?:p

edog
01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
A thread about coffe???come on?...I thought i was bad with threads.

Lay off the exspresso:lol:

Folgers is all rite when it looks pitch black.Mmmmmmmm

SYKO
01-09-2009, 09:37 PM
hey lay off dogystyle! at least I didnt post 20 threads in 2 days with links to meaninless boring videos!

go spray some graffitti oops I mean trike parts or something!

UlsterATCFan
01-09-2009, 09:42 PM
As an Irishman I prefer TEA but if having a coffee, prefer it black........like my women...... lol (only joking)

edog
01-09-2009, 09:45 PM
hey lay off dogystyle! at least I didnt post 20 threads in 2 days with links to meaninless boring videos!

go spray some graffitti oops I mean trike parts or something!

Bwhaaaaaaaaaa, you watched them.:lol: :w00t:

Mrs.Mosh
01-09-2009, 09:48 PM
whats your style?:p

A full pot...
then an empty pot.

A full pot,
then an empty pot.:lol:

My electric bill, is probably $30 higher per month, because of all the coffee I brew.

I don't care, as long as it's REAL coffee. None of that rattle can decaf crap for wussies!

I use to have one of those fancy cappaccino machines....wore it out.
We go through about 3-4 coffee makers a year, and that ain't a lie.
Cheap trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro I have a "spare" coffee maker incase of primary failure:eek: It's a cheap trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro too, but it's there when I need it!
I stick with regular stuff now...no sugar!

brappette
01-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Nothing beats a nice cup of joe in the morning..Cream and sugar though. No flavored crap, though. But if I get a choice then I would choose Chi-Tea over anything. Have a couple of those bad boys and then try to sleep, it isn't going to happen......

Billy Golightly
01-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Edog, has anyone ever told you that your skin complexion is similar to that of a sack of flour?

edog
01-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Edog, has anyone ever told you that your skin complexion is similar to that of a sack of flour?

Why no they haven't, your the first.lol

Ow and I am not worthy of the flour?? Only the bag??? thanks

wheelie king
01-09-2009, 10:02 PM
....a sack of flour enhanced by cheap digi flash.

Anyway, coffee- Folgers French Roast or Colombian med dark!!!!
Mixed thick, baby!!!! Like thirty weight!!

I never drank coffee until I attained by present career status. I did it out of necessity and now I am addicted for sure.

Mosh
01-09-2009, 10:12 PM
While I cant share Mrs.Mosh's enthusiasm for the java..I do like my morning joe.
I dont move until I have at least 1 cup..

I used to work with a guy, His hands always shook, and he smoked like a chimney..
My first day there, I went to get some coffee out of the maker in the front near the guy..
I was like man this stuff is THICK...
Just as I was getting ready to drink it, another guy said STOP!
I was like why?
He said "you dont want that coffee trust me"!
Get some from the machine in the back....

Come to find out, the shaky guy would drop some fresh grounds, and a new filter in on Monday and brew it.
Through out the week, every morning, he would just add grounds to the old filter and old grounds, and re-brew...
By Friday that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro was like 80-90 gearlube man.....Thick as cold maple syrup...

Glad that guy stoped me!
No wonder why the poor SOB was always shaking.

LMAO..

RoscoW
01-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Tim Hortons Double Double, The Canadians will know what it is;) ;)

Ross..

tanks350x
01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
The only perculated stuff I enjoy is Dunkin Donuts, I'll get at least 1 Great One a day, But I usually start off the day with some instant junk.. Not enought time in my day to perc a pot in the morning

tanks350x
01-09-2009, 11:35 PM

Ross..

we have a few tim hortons around where I live as well

hinddee29
01-10-2009, 12:33 AM
While I cant share Mrs.Mosh's enthusiasm for the java..I do like my morning joe.
I dont move until I have at least 1 cup..

I used to work with a guy, His hands always shook, and he smoked like a chimney...

That kinda sounds like the sounds like our auto teacher. You remember how much he shook. How the hell he could drop a check ball into a carb with out dropping it??

I haven't had it in a long time and really not sure how he used to make it.
Lebanese coffee. It is served in what looks like a shot glass. The effects is like a pot of coffee. It's crazy. Couple shots and your wired all day.

Shawn72
01-10-2009, 12:53 AM
I use starbucks whole bean columbian medium. I have the coffee maker that auto grinds the beans and brews it right there. I can't believe i'm posting a pic of this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff107/shew-dog/IMG_3437.jpg

The Goat
01-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Typically drink the seattles best dark at work. Whole milk and a little equal.

We developed a new drink for exams though.

Double community coffee grounds with chickory, fresh tobacco, one adderall xr 40mg, brew it twice... Add raw sugar and cream... Prepare for the ride of your life.

That's caffiene, sugar, nicotine, and a single salt methamphetamine... My old roomate and I both had scripts when we were living together. The aderall was too ruff on the stomach just taken with water, and the dosage too high. So we just split one.

You can read 100 pages of notes in two hours, and remember 80% of it.

factoryX
01-10-2009, 06:35 AM
lol, stop giving minors ideas....

firehart
01-10-2009, 07:59 AM
I like a cup or two of black (no additives) coffee in the morning before I go to work. I'm not into the expensive places like Starbucks.

sandpuppi101
01-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I am at the point where if I don't have a cup of coffee in the morning ,you probably want to avoid me.I drink at least 1 pot per day and if it's a busy day more.At work when I would send one of the laborers to get our break in the morning it was a given to get me a large coffee,they would'nt even ask.Nothing added ,just as dark as you could get it,but I did have the occasional Bailey's ,Ya know just to take the edge off,LOL..

SYKO
01-10-2009, 10:32 AM
you know I find it funny that many NEED coffee and cant operate without it. Like I said before I go weeks sometimes without it and it dosnt bother me, but I dont drink anything else with caffein all that much either.

So besides allready ground folgers and maxwellhouse, does any one grind any gourmet beans? I got some 8 oclock beans for christmass with my machine and I love it! in fact Im having a cup right now!

Dunkin Donuts beans are avail at SAMS but its more expensive then the starbucks brand( wich it highly overated!)

I want some beans that I can grind and brew that will make me stick my D1ck in it, becouse its so good! lol! (please no mental pictures-think BIG cup) lol!

piroguedog
01-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Typically drink the seattles best dark at work. Whole milk and a little equal.

We developed a new drink for exams though.

Double community coffee grounds with chickory, fresh tobacco, one adderall xr 40mg, brew it twice... Add raw sugar and cream... Prepare for the ride of your life.

That's caffiene, sugar, nicotine, and a single salt methamphetamine... My old roomate and I both had scripts when we were living together. The aderall was too ruff on the stomach just taken with water, and the dosage too high. So we just split one.

You can read 100 pages of notes in two hours, and remember 80% of it.

WTF? Teeth chattering? :wondering

I could do with out it. I do drink it because it usually serves as breakfast. I like Community medium roast with about 4 spoons of sugar and equal cream. To me black coffee tastes like something that rolled off of some fresh charcoal. Few huntin buddies of mine drink black coffe and crown mixed in a thermos.

The Goat
01-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Lol... Syko try to order some blue mountain blend, it's either columbian or Jamaican. Best coffee I've ever had. Had it at a friends... Loved it until I found out the price.

Have you tried adding any odd flavors rather than add sugar. Nothing beats a teaspoon of caramel in black coffee if you have the time.

Dirtcrasher
01-10-2009, 02:37 PM
IDK...... I need something though

I'm not sleeping at all, lots of work changes and waiting for the AX to fall so it's got me stressed and anxious.

I get up at 4AM sometimes with 2 hours sleep and 6 hours of insomnia....I drive to pick up the guys and have a Red Bull, then I get a large reg coffee at Dunkins. By 11AM I am junk.... Tired and lethargic.

So, if there is ANYTHING out there for me to do, please enlighten me. I am near passing out at the wheel by the 2PM drive home.

Do I have to drink coffee all day long??

The Goat
01-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Dc, protein and complex carbs will keep ya rolling a lot better than caffiene. Cut down on the sugar. Caffiene always leaves me strung out and feeling pukey if I have over 750mg (15 redbull or 3 blue rockstar)

Drink diet coke if you need caffiene, all that sugar will kill ya.

To be honest, sounds like if you stick to one sugar free redbull in the morning and no other caffiene you might be better off... You'd be Abel to sleep at night.

piroguedog
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
YEah I'd say get off the stimulants. Let your body have a week or two to get that stuff out of your system. Everyone is different in how they handle that stuff. H2O. Its a must have. The older i get the more sensitive i am to caffiene. Throw stress into the mix, and there you go. insomnia. Then you sit and stress about not sleeping, and around and around you go.

I actually like honey in my coffee instead of sugar sometimes. A few peppermints in there is pretty good as well.

firehart
01-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Sounds like you need to get a good night sleep.

The Goat
01-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Dirt I was drinking 24-36 diet coke a day at one point, not cool. Too much caffiene will kill the sleep thing.

shannonw
01-11-2009, 09:55 PM
are mostly met at Trike Fest meets in the morning in search of (1) coffee -
(2) a potty, or (3) more coffee.
At Sandpuppys annual beautiful Michigan ride Shannon from across the border has been the coffee lady the last couple of years and by my unofficial vote -Of the most valuable support award.
Yay Timmy Horton !

john

Well Golly!

I didn't realize the morning coffee was so appreciated...

I like mine black... the only down side is it takes me hours to drink a cup cause I'm a wimp and it's too hot! :lol:

I do like Tim Horton's but I'm not exclusive, I tried some Sumatran beans recently that were really great too! sykolincoln I'd love one to get of those machines someday...

Kintore
01-12-2009, 09:48 AM

Ross..

now you speaka my language! :w00t: