PDA

View Full Version : trade '85 250SX plus $250 for '85 350X?

pistonhead72
01-09-2009, 09:55 PM
In the thread titled : "'83 ATC 185 for sale - good deal?", I mentioned that I just bought an '85 250SX for $600. The other night when I got home after making a deal on the SX, I found an '85 350X on craigslist not too far away from me for $975. I told the guy that I wasn't sure if I was going to want to keep the 250SX after seeing his ad and he said he might be interested in trading his for mine plus some cash. I e-mailed him some pics and after seeing them, he told me he might consider my SX and $250 for his 350X. Here's what he told me about his : has new tires, replacement Maier plastics and Clarke gas tank (don't know how old), could use a new seat cover and a good cleaning. He also said he thinks it might need a clutch soon. That doesn't cost that much does it? I'm attaching pics of mine and his.

Guys, please let me know what you think! My boss let me borrow one of the service vans so that I can bring my SX to this guys house to see if he and I want to trade. Thanks.

Dammit! Can't get the !@#*'n pics to upload! I'll try again.

oldtime3wheeler
01-09-2009, 10:01 PM
I only see 350x pics. If your 250sx is cleaner and runs strong, and the 350 needs a clutch and some other things tell him trade straight up and see what happens.
Just my 2 cents though

pistonhead72
01-09-2009, 10:04 PM

Well, is his worth $850? I was thinkin' of offerin' him $200. Of course I still gotta see it in person and ride it. Oh!, I forgot, he said the swingarm bushings and rear axle bearings have been replaced also.

pistonhead72
01-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Sorry, I don't know why his pics are cut off when you try to enlarge them!:mad:

pistonhead72
01-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks oldtime3wheeler. My front tire has a plug in it that leaks, the electric start doesn't work, the ignition switch is missing, the choke cable sticks (common I'm told), could use new tires (about 50 to 75% worn and the rear tread designs are similar, but don't match), the dopey kid I bought it from broke the front brake lever and perch when he flipped it while demoing it for me and I'm pretty sure the knucklehead put the cigarette burn IN THE OTHERWISE PERFECT SEAT!! DOH!!:mad:

Well, I'm gonna go down to the garage, have a few brewskis and tinker with my new ride. I'll check back in a while.

smvorndran
01-10-2009, 01:16 AM
If you're going to be tearing the trails up, jumping, and like a clutch, a 350X is a nice ride. I miss mine. I love my 250SX. It always starts up and runs like a champ. I love the electric start & reverse. It's a hard choice. Your SX looks pretty decent. I'd say even trade. Maier plastic kind of devalues the ride to me. I like finding stock bikes with original plastics. The 350X's have come down in value recently, so I think you should hold out for another one.

smvorndran