PDA

View Full Version : FRIGGEN SHOE GOO - I've had enough.....

Dirtcrasher
01-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I spent 2 hours searching Massachusetts today for "Shoe Goo" and came up empty :mad: All for sealing the ICE SCREWS I have to jam into my new tires...............

I went to 2 Homie D's, 2 Lowes and a couple of hardware stores and the stuff is rarer than a decent chick with a nice rack that likes trikes and a CLOWN like me :banned:

They had this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro called "GOOP" and of course they all tried to sell it to me..... But it looked like contact cement and nothing more in my eyes so I did not buy it.

Shoe GOO is the suggested material for inserting ice screws and based on what it does to shoes, it certainly does agree with rubber :D

BUT, time is money and I have limited time off with all these friggen projects.........

So, I remembered that I have a couple of caulking gun tubes of rubber roofing adhesive made by Carlisle and I think thats what I'm gonna use. It's black, thick as hell and meant to bond with rubber so I believe it will work just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, after I got pissed off that I couldn't find the stuff, I came up with this and I'm gonna stud these bitches tomorrow and use the Carlisle "seam sealer". I see this chit used all the time on commercial roofs and I bet it will be the cats MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell, they make the friggen tires themselves ya know............... :D

Twilight
01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZshoeQ20gooQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

eBay has some

chris200x
01-10-2009, 11:09 PM
so does our local walmart. :lol:

What kinda tires are you studding and what size screws DC?

DeePa
01-11-2009, 12:40 AM
ill grab a tube ad throw it at you the next time i see you

Dirtcrasher
01-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Here's my tube Beyatch..............

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/MYFKNGSHOEGOO.jpg

Made for rubber...................

NOT SHOES!! :lol:

super90
01-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Ill sell you a tube, I got a few from when I was sealing my old intake snorkels :lol:

The Goat
01-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Windshield sealer and black asphault caulk would prolly work well. I know the windshield sealer/glue would work, it's a ridiculously strong adhesive.

tbirdscott
01-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Shoe goo and goop are basically the same thing, made by the exact same company. I've used GOOP for years with no problems at all.

Scott

tanks350x
01-11-2009, 08:37 AM
DC, my local hardware store has tons of Shoe Goo and its just up the street from my house, not even a mile. I'll pick you up a couple of tubes
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/MyRCoffroadstuff.jpg

MonroeMike
01-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Shoe goo and goop are basically the same thing, made by the exact same company. I've used GOOP for years with no problems at all.

Scott

So have I, but I see there's some differences.

· Amazing GOOP® and Craft GOOP® contain a thinner formula for precise, detailed work.
· Wood & Furniture GOOP® is a thicker, non-slump formula perfect for vertical and overhead applications.
· Automotive GOOP®, Household GOOP® and Plumbing GOOP® are all the same formula.
· Lawn & Garden GOOP®, Marine GOOP®, RV GOOP® and Sport and Outdoor GOOP® are all UV-resistant.
· Shoe GOO® is a more rubbery formula allowing for greater flexibility.

Found here.

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infadh/infgoo.html

300rman
01-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Windshield sealer and black asphault caulk would prolly work well. I know the windshield sealer/glue would work, it's a ridiculously strong adhesive.

i second this

honda250sx
01-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Wow had I KNOWN this was going to be an ISSUE for STEPHEN. I would have included it in the $30 something dollar box of CHIT i just sent you good buddy, along with the ice screws etc!!!

LOL thanks for the laughs!

honda250sx
01-11-2009, 11:10 PM
TANK i see you share the LOVE like steve does for CATS. BIG CATS lol

Dirtcrasher
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow had I KNOWN this was going to be an ISSUE for STEPHEN. I would have included it in the $30 something dollar box of CHIT i just sent you good buddy, along with the ice screws etc!!!

LOL thanks for the laughs!

:lol: , I never knew it would be like the "holy grail"..... It might have added .10c more to that package :lol: I keep forgetting to measure that tubing.....

Man was I frustrated that day, I don't even like to leave the house - SERIOUSLY!!!! but when I do, I like to accomplish things....

Looks like Tanks has me covered, he's gonna get me some and drop it off when he gets his frame.

rdlsz24
01-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I had trouble finding it around here a while back as well. I figured Wal-Mart would have it but the guy just looked at my like I was a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro. I ended up buying a tube on eBay.

Rob

badasskfx
01-12-2009, 08:07 PM
what are you doing screwing 2 inch sheet rock screws from the inside out?
LOL

Dirtcrasher
01-13-2009, 09:03 PM
LOL....... Nah, I'm jus doin whats been ADVISED to me.....

Thanks to TANK for hooking me up with 2 tubes (won't go unnoticed :D)

Now I just need 3 hours to get it done :naughty:

tanks350x
01-13-2009, 09:35 PM
TANK i see you share the LOVE like steve does for CATS. BIG CATS lol

Yea, you could say that I like big cats :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/mixedpictures2077.jpg

honda250sx
01-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Know wonder you and catmandoo get along so well!