PDA

View Full Version : New toy hauler-----------pics added 1/15/09

ccdhowell
01-11-2009, 12:13 AM
At this point I'm an extremely happy camper...literaly. All my life I've rode quads and tent camped and loved it. This last season when I raced XC in a new series I took to going to a nearby small town and getting a hotel room after practice on Saturdays (I race on Sunday mornings), which wasn't too bad.

But I finally had the wife convinced to look at toy haulers and we've been looking. Well today we bought a Adrenaline 33 foot toy hauler. I'm giddy like a school girl, just damed excited to actually have something like this for myself. I know lots of guys have these things, but I've been a tent camper for so long in so many shitty places that this is like freakin' Kinsington Palace to me. We splurged and got the cadillac model, on board generator, aon board refueling station with fuel pump, outside water, on the inside--you name it it's got it. I don't have a flat screen tv in my house, well this toy hauler has one in it. I'm stoked. I don't pick it up till Thursday cause that's the first day I can get off work to go get it, but it doesn't matter at this point, it's all good.

I don't have a pic of mine, but I'm throwing up a pic off their website for reference. Like I said, this is an Adrenaline, the 29FIB Platinum Edition, if anyone has this brand or this particular hauler let me know how it's been working for you. Any issues I need to know about?

SYKO
01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
thats cool, Ive always just wanted a old pop up camper and pull the axle off and sit it sideways on my car hauler, that way I got a nice 10 ft deck out the front door on it!! + room for machines! Now you need to put some big racing stickers on it !

Twilight
01-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Few guys I know had problems with the generators on RV's catching fire.

Yamada
01-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I want to see pics of it hooked up to your truck.

ccdhowell
01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
I want to see pics of it hooked up to your truck.

We're gonna pull it with my wife's Suburban, I'm guessing it'll be 56 feet long when hooked up. :eek:

Twi---I hope that doesn't happen to me. This has an Olan generator, which I've heard to be a good brand.

Syko, I've seen people do that before, it works well.

Now I'm out to cut a tree on the side of my yard so I can park it where I want to.

RoscoW
01-11-2009, 10:26 AM
My #1 recomendation is a really good weight distribution hitch with sway control. Your dry hitch weight is close to 1200#, add 60# for propane # all added options, 98 gallons of water in the tank and all your families personal stuff which goes in front of the wheels and I'll bet your pushing 2000-2200# of hitch weight. That's class IV or Class V territory on the truck hitch. Reese has a good weight distribution hitch with built in sway control called the straight line or dual cam system. Another highly recommended hitch is the Equalizer, also with built in sway control.
Awesome rig BTW

Ross..

SYKO
01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Syko, I've seen people do that before, it works well.

cool, ive never seen it just thought it would be a good idea

ccdhowell
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
My #1 recomendation is a really good weight distribution hitch with sway control. Your dry hitch weight is close to 1200#, add 60# for propane # all added options, 98 gallons of water in the tank and all your families personal stuff which goes in front of the wheels and I'll bet your pushing 2000-2200# of hitch weight. That's class IV or Class V territory on the truck hitch. Reese has a good weight distribution hitch with built in sway control called the straight line or dual cam system. Another highly recommended hitch is the Equalizer, also with built in sway control.
Awesome rig BTW

Ross..

Thanks for the advice. I've never pulled anything this heavy before, not even close. I bought it from a reputable dealer and they will install everything that you metioned, they even showed me a mock-up of what needed to go on to pull it and it's just what you described. I don't know what brand the hardware will be though. I was stunned to see that the tonge weight was so high. Biggest thing I'vve ever pulled in an 18 foot flatbed and it's tongue weight is only about 400 lbs loaded with all my gear. It's kinda cool that my Suburban is pre-wired for a trailer brake controller, all they have to do is install the controller to wires that Chevy already has there.

Yor're right about the water, propaine and stuff, I figure that the trailer will be 10,000 lbs or so fully loaded with all 5 quads and gear and stuff for a long weekend.

RoscoW
01-11-2009, 03:52 PM
If you have to get a brake controller this is the #1 selling controller to use, super simple set up, set it and forget it. Hands down the #1 recommended controller in all the RV forums. Worth the little extra for its easy and smooth operation. (no I don't own the company)
http://www.tekonsha.com/prodig.html

Ross..

ccdhowell
01-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks dude. A guy on another forum recommended the same thing, but he didn't supply a link. Yes I do need to buy a controller, I'll print the sheet on the link you gave me and take it with me. Hopefully the dealer has that one, looks easy and better.

BigGreenMachine
01-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Congrats on the purchase!

firehart
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
It might be a good idea to also put a little sticky note on the dash of the Suburban reminding you of the height, width, length, and total gross weight. Maybe even getting a whip antenna and mounting it on the truck so it will drag first, if you go under something to low.

ccdhowell
01-11-2009, 09:34 PM
It might be a good idea to also put a little sticky note on the dash of the Suburban reminding you of the height, width, length, and total gross weight. Maybe even getting a whip antenna and mounting it on the truck so it will drag first, if you go under something to low.

That's a good idea. I had already thought that I should measure the height so I will know exactly how tall it is, but putting it on a note is good.

Thanks James, it's been a long time coming.

firehart
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
That's not my idea, My father-in-law did that on his motorhome.

Wayne

ccdhowell
01-15-2009, 10:34 PM
It's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/attportal/Groups/345/345135/folders/297170/2381022DSC00819.jpg

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/attportal/Groups/345/345135/folders/297170/2381023DSC00820.JPG

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/attportal/Groups/345/345135/folders/297170/2381024DSC00821.JPG

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/attportal/Groups/345/345135/folders/297170/2381020DSC00817.JPG

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/attportal/Groups/345/345135/folders/297170/2381021DSC00818.JPG

smokinwrench
01-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow that thing is awesome and huge. Your suburban is gonna grunt pulling that.

dcreel
01-16-2009, 07:30 AM
So how many Tecates could you fit in the parking area? Do the couches fold up to make more room. I would like to have one of those, but would need room for 2 full size 3 wheelers, 3 YT60's, and a quad.

Probably will end up with a small motorhome and a large utility trailer.

ccdhowell
01-16-2009, 08:55 AM
So how many Tecates could you fit in the parking area? Do the couches fold up to make more room. I would like to have one of those, but would need room for 2 full size 3 wheelers, 3 YT60's, and a quad.

Probably will end up with a small motorhome and a large utility trailer.

Yes the couches fold up into the wall. My family has five quads when we go riding (dad, mom and 3 kids all ride own quad), and I believe I can get all 5 in this hauler. The load floor is 19' on the right and 15' on the left and 8' wide. It's really a big space.

Vealmonkey
01-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Congrats, that is fricking sweet! We'll be looking forward to you on site and in use photos of your new home on wheels. It kind of reminds me of my house, wheelers in the living room! LOL

ccdhowell
01-16-2009, 06:32 PM
...wheelers in the living room! LOL

:lol: :lol: