PDA

View Full Version : KS Tri-Z for sale (alum. tank, goodies)

dcreel
01-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I thought one of you Tri-Z guys might like this.
Tri-Z with aluminum tank where the tank normally goes
aftermarket shock
wide axle
longer swingarm

looks awesome
$1500
http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/989249770.html

dirtface
01-15-2009, 07:05 PM
I wonder if the aluminum tank is homemade or aftermarket? Kinda a cool bike.:w00t:

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-15-2009, 09:24 PM
I wonder if the aluminum tank is homemade or aftermarket? Kinda a cool bike.:w00t:

it will be on its way to va. if the trike dont sell, i got first dibs on it. it a harry klemm tank!!:beer
called the guy, said he must of had 50 emails and 20 phone calls wanting to buy JUST the tank.
heres the one on mine, before it got polished to a mirror shine.they hold just a hair over one gallon.

honda250sx
01-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Why isn't anyone remaking this tank. Its pretty brain dead simple for any fabricator...I guess its time to inquire about having one made. Regardless if Harry Klemm built them or not. I am not looking for nostalgia...I just want a sick top mount tank. It can be done and done better. I think I know just the cat to do it too.

ATC-Eric
01-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Why isn't anyone remaking this tank. Its pretty brain dead simple for any fabricator...I guess its time to inquire about having one made. Regardless if Harry Klemm built them or not. I am not looking for nostalgia...I just want a sick top mount tank. It can be done and done better. I think I know just the cat to do it too.

I agree, Im sick and tired of the pump crap!!!!

I have an idea on someone who might be able to make it as well. We should pool our resources and get something availible!

dcreel
01-16-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm amazed it took this long for you Tri-Z guys to get interested about the ad. I said I guess nobody wants an aluminum custom tank. If I was in to Tri-Z's, I'd be all over that bike.

tecat-z
01-16-2009, 08:29 AM
The particular tank in question is a JP Racing tank. I have a complete article on a 86 tri-z national bike set up by Harry Klemm. The Tank had a retail of $194.00 I'll post up pics.

Tekawte1
01-16-2009, 08:52 AM
The particular tank in question is a JP Racing tank. I have a complete article on a 86 tri-z national bike set up by Harry Klemm. The Tank had a retail of $194.00 I'll post up pics.

Ed, some how I knew you'd know exactly what tank that was! U got trikes for brains man! LOL!

Vealmonkey
01-16-2009, 09:05 AM
The tanks are shaped a little differently, now that you mention it. Sometimes companies made little improvements throughout their production runs though, wether to save time or money or both.

honda250sx
01-16-2009, 09:33 AM
194.00 in 86? This thing must be gold plated on this inside. Its not even as intricate as the klemm tank.

good call Ed! Love to see the pics.

As for the someone making some tanks...its gunna be on like donkey kong here shortly.

Tekawte1
01-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Klemm never made a tank!!

thefox
01-17-2009, 10:30 PM

Yeah and why is there a nice looking home-made job still sitting in the classifieds now for $80? :wondering

Blown 331
01-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Damn, that's bad ass. I'd like to move my tank as well. Kinda sucks any option to move the tank has like no capacity though.

The big 3
01-17-2009, 11:49 PM
i have a tri-z aluminum polished tank for sale. is a bit bigger and IMO better looking than the one pictured. can email pics if anyones interested.

250rflattracker
01-18-2009, 01:52 AM
I would be interested. How much?

Mosh
01-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Personally, I dont care for them.I can understand the nostalgia and all that jazz if you were going to replicate a vintage racer, just for looks.
They are goofy looking on the Machine.IMO
They look out of place.
Plus I dont have any issues with the stock set-up other than it being hard to fill.
Actually, it is what makes a Z unique.
People always ask where the gas goes, and you show them and they chuckle and say " thats cool".

Not to mention, that for anyone that really harcore wants to ride, I really have no desire to be busting my ballsack or chest, against a big ole honkin chunk of steel, if I make a mistake while riding hard.
My 310 Z will empty the stock tank fast!!! I would spend more time filling up than riding with one of them thingy's.

If I was to do the top mount tank, it would get the zinger tank done for sure.Looks better tucked under the plastic cover, and definately cheaper!
Hell I have one,and still haven't done it.
Just dont want to.LOL

LonesomeTriZ
01-18-2009, 11:36 AM
That tanks looks just like the Klemm tank I have. I do not see any differences. Then again, I have not seen mine in a long damn time.

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-18-2009, 05:59 PM
who's this be?:drool:

The big 3
01-18-2009, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=moshman355;696767]Personally, I dont care for them.I can understand the nostalgia and all that jazz if you were going to replicate a vintage racer, just for looks.
They are goofy looking on the Machine.IMO
They look out of place.
Plus I dont have any issues with the stock set-up other than it being hard to fill.
Actually, it is what makes a Z unique.
People always ask where the gas goes, and you show them and they chuckle and say " thats cool".

Not to mention, that for anyone that really harcore wants to ride, I really have no desire to be busting my ballsack or chest, against a big ole honkin chunk of steel, if I make a mistake while riding hard.
My 310 Z will empty the stock tank fast!!! I would spend more time filling up than riding with one of them thingy's.

I dont think there goofy looking at all. mine looks way better than stock, plus you can run both tanks for long range riding. never had a problem 'busting my ballsack' either.
much better than the stock setup

LonesomeTriZ
01-19-2009, 12:12 AM
That be it. To be honest, I have lost interest in top mounted tanks. I plan to use mine for my drag Z. But I prefer the under seat tanks for riding. I have two top mounted and only need one if that.