PDA

View Full Version : japanise beer

82300R
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
there is a local jap hibachi grill that we go to pretty often. very good food!:) Well i have seen others drinking this jap beer for some time. I have wrote off beer for quite some time.;) Well we went this last weekend an i say W.T.F. GIMMIE ONE OF THEM JAP BEERS! If my spelling is correct it was called SOPARRO. About the size of a bud quart!:naughty: Well that was some damm good ass beer!!!shens Anyone else drank this stuff?:wondering I have gave up on beer since 04 but this stuff was bad ass in my opinion!:twisted: an i have not seen it for sale anywhere.:(

Howdy
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I have had some of that and I thought it tasted like rice, and I know I burpped it for days. I personally would rather have German beer. Faxe is some good stuff to mess you up.
Howdy

honda250sx
01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Tis good. I agree. I work for a Japanese based company. Had my fair share both here and overseas!

Red Rider
01-12-2009, 03:39 AM
I believe it's spelled Sapporo. What else would you drink while watching The Fast and the Furious - Tokyo Drift? :beer

Shawn72
01-12-2009, 04:45 AM
there is a local jap hibachi grill that we go to pretty often. very good food!:) Well i have seen others drinking this jap beer for some time. I have wrote off beer for quite some time.;) Well we went this last weekend an i say W.T.F. GIMMIE ONE OF THEM JAP BEERS! If my spelling is correct it was called SOPARRO. About the size of a bud quart!:naughty: Well that was some damm good ass beer!!!shens Anyone else drank this stuff?:wondering I have gave up on beer since 04 but this stuff was bad ass in my opinion!:twisted: an i have not seen it for sale anywhere.:(

Order some Saki next time you go. It will knock you for a loop!!!!:crazy:

The Goat
01-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Tsingtao is another good brew.

keister
01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Tsingtao is another good brew.

3 cheers to that. It sure is good, and also China's most famous beer. The Germans colonized that area of China (Shandong Province) and the Chinese have kept the German's recipe for making beer intact ever since.
The city is Qingdao and the beer is Tsingtao. Both are pronounced the same.

Sapporo seems much more readily available than Tsingtao in the US though.

Blown 331
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm huge into trying any beer I've never had and I'm usually drinking something obsqure (sp), one time brews etc. Chinese beer is drinkable, it's mostly lager which is what most US beers are so that would explain why you guys like them, it's similar to what you are used to.
I agree with Howdy in a big way on the German beers, those are my favorite. I also enjoy Belgium and English beers as well.

The Goat
01-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I too like a beer with a little meat to it. I ahve been known t drink a chunky oatmeal stout from time to time. I just can't do pale ales, they are vile.

ScottZJ
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I have to say, I enjoy a good beer. Most American brands are just nasty. Give me a good European (German and Czech) or Oriental Beer, and nothing is better.

Here are the Japanese ones I have tasted and they are all great.

Asahi
Sapporo
Orion

Tsingtao is actually a China beer, but is very good too.

82300R
01-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I have to say, I enjoy a good beer. Most American brands are just nasty. Give me a good European (German and Czech) or Oriental Beer, and nothing is better.

Here are the Japanese ones I have tasted and they are all great.

Asahi
Sapporo
Orion

Tsingtao is actually a China beer, but is very good too.
:naughty: Sapporo :naughty: Thats it! I have gave up drinking for quite some time!:cry: But this stuff was real good!:)

DeePa
01-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Saki Bombssss

82300R
01-14-2009, 01:49 AM
:drool: I'm still looking for it!:drool: Maybe i'll have to go to the resturant an get it!shens Man i am cravin it!!!!!;)

skippy
01-14-2009, 07:59 AM
as i speak w you i am sitting in china.. and enjoying some local brews, but most taste weak, like a miller lite or somethg, tonight i went to a buffet w american foods and beer was on tap, with a sign that said "not for young to drink".. yeah right, most of the 15-18 yr old were sucking it down like water..

82300R
01-14-2009, 08:03 PM
:naughty: Found some today.:naughty: Bought the three six packs that they had.:beer

Blown 331
01-14-2009, 08:17 PM
I too like a beer with a little meat to it. I ahve been known t drink a chunky oatmeal stout from time to time. I just can't do pale ales, they are vile.

There is an English brewery called Young's. They brew my favorite oatmeal stout and they also have a beer called Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Might sound kinda odd but it one of my all time favorites.
I enjoy pale ales also. The reason you probably dont like them is the hoppy flavor, kind of a bite at the end. Ive got a beer at home called Bell's Hop Slam. The hoppy flavor is so extreme it almost hurts your tongue.

The Goat
01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
There is an English brewery called Young's. They brew my favorite oatmeal stout and they also have a beer called Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Might sound kinda odd but it one of my all time favorites.
I enjoy pale ales also. The reason you probably dont like them is the hoppy flavor, kind of a bite at the end. Ive got a beer at home called Bell's Hop Slam. The hoppy flavor is so extreme it almost hurts your tongue.

you're right about that bite...it's most certainly not for me. I do love the chocolate brews.

check out shiner black if you haven't. it's darker than guiness could hope to be and really smokey...has a taste almost like a good smoked cheese, slightly bitter. it's slamming.

try any of the Abita beers, their brewed down here, and most have what we've termed the "abita bite" coming out of a bottle... it's a very strong taste, almost like a dark german bread.

Nothing...and I repeat...NOTHING beats an abita amber with a steak that was cooked atop a cypress paddle. the amber spends a short time in pecky cypress barrels and has a very light flavor, but when you're eating a nice cut of meat, it really comes out.

I'll try those brews if I can.

anyone into the flavored beers: honey, strawberry, rasberry, banana bread, cherry and so on? most are a little light, but they sit fine on the palate, and the good ones are very low in sugar.

82300R
01-14-2009, 08:38 PM
LOL! I live about 30 minutes away from the abita brewery!

Blown 331
01-14-2009, 09:40 PM
you're right about that bite...it's most certainly not for me. I do love the chocolate brews.

check out shiner black if you haven't. it's darker than guiness could hope to be and really smokey...has a taste almost like a good smoked cheese, slightly bitter. it's slamming.

try any of the Abita beers, their brewed down here, and most have what we've termed the "abita bite" coming out of a bottle... it's a very strong taste, almost like a dark german bread.

Nothing...and I repeat...NOTHING beats an abita amber with a steak that was cooked atop a cypress paddle. the amber spends a short time in pecky cypress barrels and has a very light flavor, but when you're eating a nice cut of meat, it really comes out.

I'll try those brews if I can.

anyone into the flavored beers: honey, strawberry, rasberry, banana bread, cherry and so on? most are a little light, but they sit fine on the palate, and the good ones are very low in sugar.

I've had Abita Turbo Dog and Purple Haze, I thought both were decent. I never heard of Shiner Black but from what you are saying it sounds delicious. I've had beers flavored in each way you listed. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is good. I think the most off the wall flavor is the Banana bread, There is an English brewerey that makes that, only one I've had. I liked it.
I live just on the IL side of St. Louis MO and there are quite a few bars that have over 100 beer selection at all times. And there is one opening up Feb 1st with over 500 different beers.

The Goat
01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
I've had Abita Turbo Dog and Purple Haze, I thought both were decent. I never heard of Shiner Black but from what you are saying it sounds delicious. I've had beers flavored in each way you listed. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is good. I think the most off the wall flavor is the Banana bread, There is an English brewerey that makes that, only one I've had. I liked it.
I live just on the IL side of St. Louis MO and there are quite a few bars that have over 100 beer selection at all times. And there is one opening up Feb 1st with over 500 different beers.

lol...the purple haze leaves a lot to be desired out of a bottle...on tap its delicious and light. perfect for drinking on a 100+ degree day...it's also good with desserts.

restoration ale, red ale, christmas ale, pecan brew, and a few others all have that KICK after each sip. the oddest thing about the pecan ale is after each sip it leaves your mouth very dry, as though you just bit into the shell of a pecan.

if you can get your hands on some abita strawberry...it will either taste flat with a light berry taste...or it will taste like you just bit into a fresh louisiana strawberry. tends to vary A LOT in taste. I stumbled upon that shiner black in my local Arab/Greek convenience store, they are located on the edge of LSU and sell more beer than any store in the city...EASY.

what's odd is that they have all sorts of random brews in there. did I mention that the shiner is a lager :naughty: ?

what's your opinion of warsteiner? or regular guiness? I've always felt that guiness...even on tap, was just too overrated to have as much esteem as it does.

I'm mainly a budweiser guy, or a newcastle....got the belly to prove it, but it's mainly because the little bars around here have nothing out of the norm.

Blown 331
01-14-2009, 10:11 PM
lol...the purple haze leaves a lot to be desired out of a bottle...on tap its delicious and light. perfect for drinking on a 100+ degree day...it's also good with desserts.

restoration ale, red ale, christmas ale, pecan brew, and a few others all have that KICK after each sip. the oddest thing about the pecan ale is after each sip it leaves your mouth very dry, as though you just bit into the shell of a pecan.

if you can get your hands on some abita strawberry...it will either taste flat with a light berry taste...or it will taste like you just bit into a fresh louisiana strawberry. tends to vary A LOT in taste. I stumbled upon that shiner black in my local Arab/Greek convenience store, they are located on the edge of LSU and sell more beer than any store in the city...EASY.

what's odd is that they have all sorts of random brews in there. did I mention that the shiner is a lager :naughty: ?

what's your opinion of warsteiner? or regular guiness? I've always felt that guiness...even on tap, was just too overrated to have as much esteem as it does.

I'm mainly a budweiser guy, or a newcastle....got the belly to prove it, but it's mainly because the little bars around here have nothing out of the norm.

Never heard of any pecan beer at all but that sounds great. Hopefully I can track that down. Certain states can only get certain beers so with IL and MO at my disposal I can ususally get some pretty good stuff. A guy I work with (I work in MO) Loves beers made by Dog Fish Head brewery but they do not distribute in MO but it's sold in IL. There are a few breweries in St. Louis, most are smaller and I doubt you've heard of them. Trailhead and O'Fallon are smaller, Lemp Brewery is somewhat getting going again, there is beer brewed there again. Schlafly is our largest micro brew but I think its only in about 6 states, they have the best pumpkin beer I have ever had. And then there is obviously Anheuser (sp) Busch.
Newcastle I like a lot. Warsteiner I like too. And I agree with you on the Guiness, I think it's just ok. It looks cool when it poured on tap though. lol. I rarely drink it but one that that is cool about is it will float on a wheat beer. Fill a glass half with wheat beer then pour the Guiness on top and the beers won't mix, but you do have the block the Guiness with a spoon to break up the stream. Pretty good mixing it too.
Another good one that's gonna be hard to find now is by Goose Island out of Chicago. I think it was last brewed in 2006 but has a shelf life of around 15 years. Its called bourbon county stout, it is delicious, I have one bottle left. That guy I work with also recommeded to me a beer called Kentucky Breakfast Stout but I never did see it and I forgot who brews it. lol.

The Goat
01-14-2009, 10:19 PM
guiness just makes me think of carbombs....that's all it's good for to me. too many other delicious dark brews out there.

pumpkin spice beer is always tasty.

I've never heard of any of those small breweries you listed.

couple of buddies and I are thinking of brewing a beer with a crawfish boil after taste. Ya haven't lived til you had an american beer with crawfish...I'm downright drooling at the thought. lol

got on the topic one day of adding a small amount of boil to beer, turns out it tastes AMAZING...we just never got around to doing it.

Gag_Halfront
01-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Blown: If you're from around here, you should know Bells doesn't have crap for hoppy beer compared to 3Floyds.

I opened this thread afraid that the beer in question was going to be Kirin. *Gack*

Sapporo is awesome.