PDA

View Full Version : bark busters

seddon
01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
how many people like bark busters i am making a set in shop out of metal they are going to crazy any ideas

Dirtcrasher
01-13-2009, 09:53 PM
how many people like bark busters i am making a set in shop out of metal they are going to crazy any ideas

I never liked them.... BUT Then my bud was running a set (and they were cheap plastic-no reinforcement) but his hands looked ALLOT better than mine!! :lol:!!

I'd make an aluminum frame with a replaceable plastic guard... Or out of thin steel powdercoated......

They save your hands big time......

seddon
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
i was thinking about running piece of flat stock form end of the bars top the middle with some shaping it and cruving more metal around were trailprotrailpro hand with be and putting some spikes on it hard to explane but the idea in my head it wicked just how i can make it i will get pic when thet are done

brapp
01-13-2009, 10:18 PM
thier verry easy to make get some beefy angle iron and bend it to go fromthe end of the bar to the top tripple plant bolt. and then use a bolt and a piece of rubber hose to slip insid eof your bar or weld a nut to the end inside your bars to give it somewhere to bolt to. and if you think they dont look verry good paint them and get a cheap set of 17 dollar maier handguards and cut them and bolt them to the bark busters for added hand protection

seddon
01-13-2009, 10:22 PM
i was try to make them look like some u would buy at like cycle motion or some thing i have al ready made the piece that go in the hadle bars that hold them on