PDA

View Full Version : I have STAYED WITH 'EM!!

cbuttre835
07-04-2003, 05:04 AM
The Ranchers. Rancher 4x4s. The Kodiaks. The Big Bears. The Foreman Rubicon. The 660 Grizzly that ran hot :oops: .

The Mighty '83 110, has stayed with 'em all night. 20+ miles on the paper company land, thru gullies, washes, over rocks, trees, thru creeks with water up to the jug, its muffler pipe a victim of cancer and bubbling, and it has stayed with 'em. Passed them when they high centered, and spun their four 589s or Super Swampers to dig out their footing. Went thru trees they couldn't. Made their heads spin. 8)

And it has started the first crank. Idled patiently whilst the golf carts pulled each other out. Even with my sorry butt cleaning and tuning its carburetor, it has purred like a kitten. And they are in awe, at a $100 machine keeping up with their $6000 monstrosities. The odd one of our 9 man outing, and I have stayed with 'em. One third the size of their smallest, one sixth of the biggest, and they never waited for me, the golf cart riders. Their whispers, nudges, and stares have turned to disbelief, as I never had a rope attached the entire night.

Long Live Honda!! Long live Three Wheels!!

(this is on .org too, yea I'm braggin!!)

bakeban
07-04-2003, 10:11 AM
those 110s are unstoppable. i have one, but sadly it is dead. :( i wish it was fixed.

Russell 350X
07-04-2003, 12:02 PM
I belive it :) . Honda trikes are bulletproof, many other including myself have proved that before!

MR ATC
07-04-2003, 01:32 PM
reminds me of a time on my 110. i lived out in the country i had a MX track in just 200yrds from my backyard as well as another track up on the mountain in a stone quarry. well one day i left my 350X's, 250R and CR500 and took out my 110 to go up on the hill and do some fishing at a pond just past the the stone quarry. on my way back there were about a dozen MX bikes riding our stone quarry track i stopped to chat with them and they asked about the MX track they heard about. i told them it was down the mountain and it would be easier if they followed me. now the look on this guys face was like yeah right us follow you. they were all on CR's, YZ's, KX's, RM's, 125's,250's,500's,. i just looked at him and said try and keep up he was laughing as i pulled away. 3/4 away down the mountain the guy i spoke to was the only one in sight as i hit a truck rut a derailed my chain. by the time i put it back on, the last bike was finally catching up. let me tell you there were some pretty surprised people looking at that little tricycle (as they called it on the mountain) i took them to the track and as they were riding it i told the one guy i would be right back i was going to get my CR500. i went home got geared up grabed my 500 but by the time i got to the track they were gone...i could not figure out why :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

which just goes to show its not the size that matters but how you use it

FullBore
07-05-2003, 01:18 PM
I know, I've flown up some rock steps before past people because they were falling off their 600cc trail bikes, they couldn't make it! the 110 was in 1st low and we popped a wheelie on the top step, I reached down and snicked it onto high and sped away (well, rode away lol)
It is a plucky little thing, can throw roost pretty nicely in the mud and do doughnuts on the grass pretty nicely too (our poor lawn!)

Nat