PDA

View Full Version : Oh My!!!!!

Bill X_R
07-04-2003, 03:17 PM
I think I'm in love, I guess these have been out for a while but I just saw one in person for the first time. The pictures due it NO justice...It is the most beautiful looking bike I have seen!

J.D.
07-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Man I love Harleys. I have three dream vehicles I wanna own before I die. One is a Harley(haven't decided what model, I love them all!), next is a 1970 Mustang Boss 302, and the next is a 1969 Mustang Mach I.

bakeban
07-04-2003, 04:22 PM
i have seen these on the road. they are sweet. i want a s-10 with a 327 small block. that is my dream :twisted:

ATC crazy
07-04-2003, 06:43 PM
I hate Harleys... :x

This is my dream bike...

http://hondamotorcycles.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/motorcycles/2003/rc51/LargeHoriz/RC51_large_01.jpg

bentwrench
07-05-2003, 12:34 AM
I've gotten' spoiled need all the opt's when goin.

bentwrench
07-05-2003, 12:40 AM
Billy this one's for you. "finger" a little distant but you can get the idea!!

Trikeaholic
07-05-2003, 02:15 PM
I hate Harleys too. I did like them before they became so darn popular. I was in an HD dealer the other day, figured mabye I will go in with an open mind. They had more stupid logo crap than bikes! The only one I like is the 883 dirt track repo-racer and the old XR1000. As far as all the custom chrome, raked out stuff goes, I just laugh when I see some clown all done up in his leather tassels riding his psuedo chopper with a scowl on his face, like he is some kind of tough guy. These dudes crack me up, its like Halloween every time they go "riding" As far as the V-Rod goes, I think it looks rediculous. Buell is OK, but still a little wierd. I just think HD is a "mee too" kind of ride now. I pray ATK is never like that, or I will have to find another brand. Holic likes to be unique, original, and follows his own drummer. No offense to you HD guys, just thats why I dont like them. ;)

MR ATC
07-05-2003, 02:25 PM
i have to agree with holic every time i here someone say they like or want a H.D. and you ask them why? they all say the same thing...because its a harley. you NEVER here anyone say they want a Harley because there a good motorcycle. then there is this made in america crap...too bad over 50% of a harley is made in japan and a lot of Honda's are made in America. then there are all those stupid logo crap accesories hanging on the H.D. dealers walls, but take a close look and its all made in tawain...lol so much for the made in america reason.

image is nothing obey your thirst...i thirst for reliable quality built motorcycles. not name tags

bentwrench
07-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Well you can't get me to argue on most of what you say. I built my 1st 3 H/D's and bought my 1st new one in 1983. I quit this is my last new bike I bought it in '95. Now you need a reservation to ride down the hiway. Dam yuppies, doctors, lawyers are on 90% of them now ain't what it used to be. But weather it's the best or not I enjoy it for my own reasons and wouldn't trade. I have given up week-ends to go on trips and go ride my Hondas in the country. Guess I'm still alittle different there also, I'm the only guy that always trail rides on a 3W'R.

ATC crazy
07-05-2003, 10:08 PM
My dad has a 1983 Yamaha Venture, first year ever made. 1200cc V-4 that makes about 125-130HP in a sport/touring bike. I love the thing....The only thing that he's had to replace was the gas tank because some water got into it. She's got only 36K miles on it but any Harley would be begging for a rebuild at that time. Dad has been looking for a new bike for a while now and all the dealers that he's talked to said that his Venture is good for 250K :shock: . My dad is looking at this baby....145HP at the rear wheels http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/images/smiles/nod.gif

http://www.rideamotorcycle.com/features/shaft/yam13.jpg
http://www.fahrschule-ziganek.ch/pics/yamaha1.jpg

bentwrench
07-05-2003, 11:13 PM
80k+ on my '83 FXRS Shovelhed never had anything other than tune-up, oil change, tires, brakes and one new chain. I know because I do my own maintence. My '95 dresser with the Evo motor has 30K+ and has had the same minus the chain (it's belt drive) and original. I'll ride it on my annual trip up thru the Dakota's and were ever, and not worry a bit about not making it. I'm still saying "to each his own" someday when your alittle older and not comparing everything to what someone else has or does you moght understand....Oh yeah thanks BILLY the "this one's for you" was meant in humor I thought you had good taste in a sport bike. I rode one at a demo last year and it really impressed this 'ol man.

Trikeaholic
07-05-2003, 11:20 PM
. Dam yuppies, doctors, lawyers are on 90% of them now ain't what it used to be., .

Thats another thing I have noticed. You either "deserve" to ride a crappy HD, or you are just a "poser". Now, I don't get that. I wonder if I bought one, (wich I wont) would I be accepted into this nutty scene? or would the "real" bikers shun me?

Very strange.

Hey, bent, Im not picking on you, but this statement (I know what you meant-Im just taking it to extremes to illustrate a point ) is what any hobby, when taken to seriously leads to. And thats what most non work activities are- hobbys. I guess you can find the angry people in any hobby, car shows are pretty brutal too.

bentwrench
07-06-2003, 12:25 AM
I guess I know what you mean I haven't even looked to see what kind of 3 wheeler you ride, I haven't checked on anyone else in this thread. I do remember once trying to have alittle fun when I picked on Billy because in his avatar he is on a quad. BUT now I must defend myself for enjoying the type of street bike I ride. All this and I was only trying to support the one person I once poked alittle fun at and he isn't even envolved in this thread now. Wow I give you guys go ahead and do what you need to. I'll just go live my humble small life!!! And I don't know what you mean about "real Bikers" I'm just a dumb 'ol farmer who likes his pleasures when time and Mother Nature allows. Hell I don't even have a tatoo. Oh and thanks short of Howdy returning my PM's (a MAN with a personallity) this is the most recognition I've received from this club. I'm done see ya.

Trikeaholic
07-06-2003, 01:10 AM
I guess we cant discuss on a discussion board? I thought it was plain to anyone reading that we were speaking of sociological phenomenon, not personal slamming.....oh well.

Bill X_R
07-06-2003, 12:44 PM
[quote="bentwrench"] All this and I was only trying to support the one person I once poked alittle fun at and he isn't even envolved in this thread now. quote]

I'm out of town @ my Wifes Parents house...they have Dial Up so I dont get on much and when I do, it's usually pretty slow connection. So I'll sign off out of frustration!

Bent..It's hard to read peoples thoughts behind words on a computer screen. Your post about the quad pissed me off, but then I thought about it and figured it was just some fun! I don't think anyone is trying to be negative in anyway twards you...people just express there opionions here. Some take it seriously, while others understand there just that... opinions.

I'm not a big HD fan or HD shitter...I just saw that bike in person and fell in LOVE! Further more, like you...I give a rats ass what people think about my ride. If I want to ride a honda, HD, yammy, 4 whlrt, 3 whlr, 18 whlr, is because I like the ride...period!

There's alot of cool people on this site...Hope you decide to hang around some more.

Peace Out!

p.s. Glad you clearified the above post...I was begining to think you had it in for me! :)

Kilborg
07-06-2003, 01:11 PM
My favorite road bike is definently the moto guzzi. Kinda like an italian harley, only older, more reliable, more powerful, cooler looking, and the vtwin (which sets like a v8 in a rwd car) is just neat. We have a 1000 convert 2 speed automatic which will put our harleys to shame in low gear.

Harleys are okay though. I like the sportsters the most, the pre 84 iron head (and older designs) mostly. We have a 883 evo thats a decent bike i guess, but the 1000 ironhead we have is more fun to ride. On that note, the 1000 requires more maintenance. Harley has never been a great company, but they have survived through some pretty abysmal times. More then once they have been on the brink of going out.

Some of my other favorites are...

Honda...we have had a ton of them. The last honda roadbike I had was the first year vfr500 interceptor, which was a cool older crotchrocket style bike.

Triumph...If sonny barger had his way the angels would not be on harleys (for plenty good reason). Comparitive models between harley and triumph are a joke. A stock triumph can run a 1/4 mile in around 11 seconds (and its a cruiser)...comparitive harleys are not even close.

Norton...just a cool old bike.

Suzuki (some of them anyway)...if only they would put half the technology into the quads they do in their street lineup (goes for all the quad makers)

VOR...I know, supermotards are not exactly a street machine, but they are still cool, and fast for a 4 stroke dirtbike with streetmeats.

bakeban
07-06-2003, 01:45 PM
why cant we all just get along :D if i were to get a street bike i would like to get a 883 sportster cause i like the way they look. i would not however get all that flashy chrome and logo trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. that, in my opinion, makes it look bad. or parhaps a crotch rocket, but i will stick to my dirt bikes and trike. i have no ambiton to get on a street bike and get killed by some trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro driver.

Billy Golightly
07-06-2003, 02:15 PM
80k+ on my '83 FXRS Shovelhed never had anything other than tune-up, oil change, tires, brakes and one new chain. I know because I do my own maintence. My '95 dresser with the Evo motor has 30K+ and has had the same minus the chain (it's belt drive) and original. I'll ride it on my annual trip up thru the Dakota's and were ever, and not worry a bit about not making it. I'm still saying "to each his own" someday when your alittle older and not comparing everything to what someone else has or does you moght understand....Oh yeah thanks BILLY the "this one's for you" was meant in humor I thought you had good taste in a sport bike. I rode one at a demo last year and it really impressed this 'ol man.

Huh? I haven't even replied to this thread? What'd I do?

J.D.
07-06-2003, 02:33 PM
I think he was talking to Bill_X_R when he was reffering to "Billy" in his post...

MR ATC
07-06-2003, 02:37 PM
i was just about to say the same thing. but what i really want to know is why is this thread not in the Bikersville forum...huh Billy what are you waiting for...it's all coming to a end first golf carts then bikes now Hardly a Motorcycle's are popping up.

Billy Golightly
07-06-2003, 02:38 PM
DOH! Honestly I forgot there was a bikers forum, haha. I'll move it there now.

Bill X_R
07-06-2003, 08:15 PM
i was just about to say the same thing. but what i really want to know is why is this thread not in the Bikersville forum...huh Billy what are you waiting for...it's all coming to a end first golf carts then bikes now Hardly a Motorcycle's are popping up.

You big CRY BABY!!!! WAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

It was my understanding that the bikes in question were Dirtbikes...So that's why I put this post in the "OPEN" forum :)

MR ATC
07-07-2003, 12:25 AM
it's my understanding this is 3WHEELERWORLD not overweight golf cart and rattletrap oil leaker forums. sheesh can anyone take a joke

Ace Mon
07-07-2003, 12:28 AM
I personally ride 4 cyl japaneese sportbikes . Preformance and relibuily wise I dont think they can be beat . Its a personal preferance , Like 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke trikes . A guy I work with paid off his harley last year . This year he had it rebuilt . The darned thing had 38K miles on it . No thanks . Ace .