PDA

View Full Version : Hey Noah, Got room for 4 more ??????????????

Howdy
07-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Welp, we got some rain last night and this morning. Well over 6 inches of it in fact. Anthony ( my 6 year old ) and me got out at 7:30 this morning with the 2" gas powered pump and started helping pump out basements. The word got out quickly this morning ( within a 1/2 hr ) and they started knocking on my door. How ever we was only able to help 5 people ( not counting pumping out underneath my house ). 2 of those had big deep freezers floating in the water. The one even had their washing machine and utility sink floating. All 5 houses had furnaces, water heaters, and everything else in the basement damaged or destroyed. At the hardware store they sold out of sump pumps 45 minutes after they opened. They had 25-30 on the shelf the day before.

The payoff today was very good. 5 hand shakes. That's right!! It's the way I was raised. Old School Teachings: When something happens like this you help out and you don't charge the people any money. You can look at it another way: What would God want you to do?

Howdy

3WheelsForever
07-05-2003, 03:37 PM
That was a lot of rain we got last night Howdy. I was over at my Uncle Tim's 4th of July party. At one point the winds were so strong it took their trampoline and threw it on their tree house. Once it hit the tree house fell on its side broke into a "few" pieces. Luckly no one was hurt. O ya Howdy do you have a fuel petcock for an 85 200x. I need one asap. Thanks.

Howdy
07-05-2003, 03:49 PM
That was a lot of rain we got last night Howdy. I was over at my Uncle Tim's 4th of July party. At one point the winds were so strong it took their trampoline and threw it on their tree house. Once it hit the tree house fell on its side broke into a "few" pieces. Luckly no one was hurt. O ya Howdy do you have a fuel petcock for an 85 200x. I need one asap. Thanks.

Yea, You know where my car sits. The water was 6-8" right there. It almost flooded the inside of the car. THAT'S DEEP!!!

Call me at my house. i'm here now and plan a run to the shop later.
Howdy

bakeban
07-05-2003, 03:56 PM
The payoff today was very good. 5 hand shakes. That's right!! It's the way I was raised. Old School Teachings: When something happens like this you help out and you don't charge the people any money. You can look at it another way: What would God want you to do?

Howdy
its hard to find good people like that nowadays. when the tornado tore through a month ago not too many people helped with the clean up. the twister hit my dads house and a farm just up the road from here. total devestation. we had plenty of help from friends but not from the people just gawking around. that is when i say to then " what r u looking at trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro" keep the good deeds coming, not too many around anymore :Beerchug

ATC crazy
07-05-2003, 10:14 PM
We got 5"-6" of rain earlier this week and for the past couple of days it has downpoured 2"-3" in just 20 minutes in the afternoon. :rolleyes: They're calling for the same tomorrow. Oh well....Good for MudBoggin' though http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/images/smiles/msmiley1.gif

Kilborg
07-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Not into the whole "what would god do" bit, but you did the right thing. Im an honorable guy and would have done the same in your shoes. I would have maybe snaked a 20 dolla bill for gas money and the like if i needed it....and donations are always accepted wholeheartedly with no questions asked.