PDA

View Full Version : Easy money and wife. Picture included

Yamada
01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Received this email today. Can you say scam????!!!!

I have a new email address!

You can now email me at: emily_bare3@yahoo.com

- Dearest, How are you? I hope all is going well with you today. I know this mail will come to you as a surprise since we haven't discuss it before, but kindly bear with me at this moment. I have a special reason why I decided to contact you. My situation at hand is miserable but I trust in God and hope you will be of my help. My name is emily Ibrahim Bare Mainassara 24years old girl and I held from Republic of Niger the daughter of Late General Ibrahim Baré Maïnassara the former President of the Republic of Niger who was ambushed and killed by dissident soldiers at the military airport in the capital, Niamey with his driver and a former Prefect. You can see more detail about my late father here http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/9/newsid_2463000/2463927.stm I am constrained to contact you because of the maltreatment which I am receiving from my step mother. She planned to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Father. Meanwhile I wanted to travel to Europe, but she hide away my international passport and other valuable documents. Luckily she did not discover where I kept my father's File which contained important documents. I am presently staying in the Mission camp in Burkina Faso.I am seeking for long term relationship and investment assistance. My father of blessed memory deposited the sum of US$16.8 Million in one of the leading bank in Burkina Faso with my name as the next of kin. I had contacted the Bank to clear the deposit but the Branch Manager told me that being a refugee, my status according to the local law does not authorize me to carry out the operation. However, he advised me to provide a trustee who will stand on my behalf. I had wanted to inform my stepmother about this deposit but I am afraid that she will not offer me anything after the release of the money. Therefore, I decide to seek for your help in transferring the money to your account while I will relocate to your country and settle down with you. I have my fathers death certificate and the account number which I will give you as soon as you indicated your interest to help me.It is my intention to compensate you with 30% of the total money for your assitance and the balance shall be my investment in any profitable venture which you will recommend to me as have no any idea about foreign investment. Please all communications should be through this email address only for confidential purposes. Thanking you alot in anticipation of your quick response. I will send you my photos in my next email.Yours Sincerely, emily Ibrahim Bare Mainassara

ditchmud
01-22-2009, 06:18 PM
If you get a chance checkout atctims homepage http://www.tionestatrikes.com/
He got a letter just like that. He played along for a while for fun I guess. The letters back and forth are funny as heck. It was deffinitely a scam. I wonder how many suckers fall for this crap!

fabiodriven
01-22-2009, 06:25 PM
It's amazing to me that anyone would ever believe such a thing.

seadoo650
01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Damn, Sounds like a chance of a lifetime. I'd go for it.NOT

Might as well have some fun with them like AtcTim did. Nuthin' else to do in the winter.

Yamada
01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
It's amazing to me that anyone would ever believe such a thing.

Yeah seriously who is dumb enough to do what they ask...
I think I'm gonna ask picture of the princess:naughty:

rdlsz24
01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Haha I just read through Tim's story. Funny stuff. Here is another from a few years back where the scammer gets duped.

http://www.newssocket.com/features/article/231/

Rob

Yamada
01-22-2009, 06:40 PM
If you get a chance checkout atctims homepage http://www.tionestatrikes.com/
He got a letter just like that. He played along for a while for fun I guess. The letters back and forth are funny as heck. It was deffinitely a scam. I wonder how many suckers fall for this crap!

Yes I think I read it somewhere on the board also. Might have to check it out to have a good laugh.

y2kane
01-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Sounds as good as those $4000 2006 vehicles in California or Utah that will be shipped to me if I buy them listed on the craiglists. LOL

300rman
01-24-2009, 02:34 PM
i have heard of people falling for it, and putting out over 100 grand over the course of a year. read an article about it a few months back.

dickieg89
01-25-2009, 01:09 AM
I remember about 4 years ago there were brand new harley v-rods for $4500 on evilbay. So just for giggles I emailed the seller, it was pretty funny the response. Something to the effect it was coming in from switzerland and i would have to pay for shipping and they were only 4500 blah blah.

cody2
01-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I remember about 4 years ago there were brand new harley v-rods for $4500 on evilbay. So just for giggles I emailed the seller, it was pretty funny the response. Something to the effect it was coming in from switzerland and i would have to pay for shipping and they were only 4500 blah blah.

I had a similar experience with a lifted up snorkeled can-am 800 for $4000, brand new pretty much with at least 5000 in aftermarket parts, i emailed the guy just for kicks and it was clearly a copy and paste email where the guy was located in Vancouver (on a st. john i think? kijiji page) saying how if i shipped the money the bike would be shipped to my door. Scam!

thefox
01-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Lucky, why doesn't anything this good ever happen to me. :cry:

:lol:

Yamada
01-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Send them an e-mail requesting the pictures,and still no answer...

Yamada
01-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Here are the answer and the pictures. Finally they want me to call their SCAM phone center to make me confident it is for real.Enjoy...
So 3WW member, if you have idea for a good answer shot them here.

Hello ,

I am really happy to hear from you. However, I need your help to stand as my trustee for transferring the money to your account. As I told you, I am staying in the mission camp and I haven't a personal telephone to be reached but if you wish to hear my sweet voice, you can reach me through the office telephone number of the co-ordinator of Christ De King Mission Camp. His name is Rev. Fr. Dennis Mongolo and his office telephone number is:(00226)78154746. If you call please, tell him that you want to speak with Emily Ibrahim Bare Mainassara. Am staying in the female hostel 01.

Again, to tell you little more about myself, I have good moral behavior. I am simple, easygoing, cheerful, kind, caring, lovely, natural and love to learn more about people. Please I will like you to tell me more about yourself. I have good physical and emotional state of health. No stress and no sickness. I love everyone both low, middle and high class. I can stay and play with anyone. But love to maintain respect and order. I attached my photo and I will be glad if you can send me yours too. I have the death certificate of my father which I also showed to the bank manager. All that I want is that I will give you the contact of the Bank and account number and you will contact them as my trustee and ask them the possibility of transferring the money into your bank account.

I want you to send me Your full name,Telephone numbers and Contact address to reach you. As soon as I receive the information, I will give you the bank account number and contact of the Bank so that you will stand as my trustee and contact them on my behalf for transfer of the money to your Bank account.

Yours Sincerely,
Emily Ibrahim Bare Mainassara.
http://by102w.bay102.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=41aa1c3f-38c0-4369-8c63-132216c09583&Aux=0|0|8CB512559A8EF50|
http://by102w.bay102.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=41aa1c3f-38c0-4369-8c63-132216c09583&Aux=0|0|8CB512559A8EF50|

300rman
01-31-2009, 02:23 AM
cant see the pics?

PM if public viewing has been disallowed?

Dirtcrasher
02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
DAMN!!

You hooked up with Beyonce :D!!

Lucky you.........................................

300rman
02-02-2009, 01:04 AM
2 different pix of 2 different ppl. LMAO they must think us americans are stupid......