PDA

View Full Version : '98 XCR700 clutch options

Russell 350X
01-23-2009, 01:21 AM
I want to redo the clutches in my sled, I want it to engage at a higher RPM, it engages at 4G now and is a gutless pig lowend, until you hit about 5500-6000rpms, so I would like it to engage in that range or as close as I can get. I know I need stiffer springs, but that are the best ones for the buck to get for this sled?

hoopduerr
01-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I have the same sled, this is a good clutch setup which is used by alot of people. I use heel clicker weight so you can dial in the weights but this will make you pull around 4600-4800 primary engagement, and will pull to about 8200 rpms with 7800 reaching peak HP. Mine hits really hard and shoots out of the whole.

Primary:
Almond Round Spring (Polaris OEM)
Weights (60 Gr)
Aggressive Helix (will help) - Not sure what the cuts are off hand.

Blue/Silver Secondary (Polaris OEM)

hoopduerr
01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Here she is, I rebuilt the engine because it blew a crank on the outside of the crankcase got it for 600 dollars and when it blew the crank it only had 1030 miles on it. Just saw you bought the sled, :) welcome to team agressive chassis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bqSvD3SKRQ&feature=related

Also, if you want to learn alot more about this sled I would register on harcoresledders.com and ask questions in the polaris / xcr section. Tons of tripple experts there.

Russell 350X
01-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the advice, nice lookin sled man, wish mine had the original hood like yours, not the snow-check option hood.
I went and talked to a good buddy of mine who works at a polaris dealer near town, i ended up buyin a Almond-Blue, a R-12 helix and a new stock secondary spring, hopefully this will help. I dont want to go as deep as changing the weights until I have to.