PDA

View Full Version : new 89 trx

smokinwrench
01-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I picked up an R today that has been around town for a few years. About 3 years ago the engine was sent off to ESR and completly rebuilt. It was then sold to another guy, he never road it much and it sat outside for most of the last 3 years. He has been trying to sell it forever. he thought he had it sold last month, guy came and test drove it and didn't know how to ride. He said he held it wide open for way to long and it died, he said it started right back up then it died and now the engine is locked up. The nerf bars are homeade and welded on. I will hopefully get time to tear it down this weekend to see whats wrong, then it will get tore completly down for a frame up rebuild before Aprils Trike Rampage at Little Sahara. Not to mention do the same thing to my atc R.

As far as aftermarket parts it has a trx11 pipe, and maybe 400ex shocks. I'm sure it has a drag port also because it has always been very fast. I havent looked at it very closely yet, I bought it without telling the wife, she sure didn't see any humor in it when she asked whats the fourwheeler on your trailer, and I said holy shiat that thing must have jumped on there when I wasn't looking.

SWIGIN
01-24-2009, 04:07 PM
what are you planing on doing to it?

rdlsz24
01-24-2009, 05:45 PM
You have balls buying without talking to wifey! lol When you do that you need to hide it, not leave it in plain sight!

Rob

SYKO
01-24-2009, 06:35 PM
I like those nerf bars!!

Preddy05
01-24-2009, 07:10 PM
I would love to have one of those!

smokinwrench
01-25-2009, 01:32 AM
I plan on doing a low $$ ground up right now just to get it back into shape. I tore the motor down today, left crank bearing is trashed. Cases are good. Lots of missing bolts, standard bolts:cry: , missing brackets. The rear brake resivoir is zip tied on. One frame crack that I have seen so far by right upper shock mount. I would have got it tore completely down today but we have family here for the weekend. Now that I have it tore down I need to make a parts list for both R's and get them going back together.

I am very seriously concidering putting the 310 topend on the trx and putting the mega ported stock cylinder on the atc. I hope I can afford some new shocks and a arms but the parts lists keep growing.

THE NERF BARS HAVE BEEN CUT OFF, SYKO you can buy them for $89.99 shipped!:lol: